Anyone been 2 Mexico?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by MrOuija, Dec 31, 2004.

1. techniques1200s

techniques1200s Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    :Dnice, what parts are you going to? I havn't been around mexico too much, but i liked central Mexico a lot(have been to Michoacan).

2. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    i dunno yet too which places i'm going, i really have some time but i'll start out in puerto escondido, just chill fo like a couple of weeks and from there i'll see... i need to see the classic acapulco..and i gotta see Cabo san lucas but i also want to see Cancun where all the crazy americans are @..and well recommend me a place and i'll check :D

3. Woodmasterfox

Woodmasterfox Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9200
    Mexico is cool, been there a bunch. It can get kinda shady, but just don't act like a dumb tourist and no one will mess with you. Thats a good rule of thumb for anywhere though whether it be New York city or Mexico. Also its just like the US, if you stay in the smaller towns the crime rate is lower. You think a bunch of guys having a BBQ are going to want to take time out of there beer time to mess with some whitey from oversees? Probably not. But if you head into Mexico City then yes the chances of you getting mugged rise dramatically.

4. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Asus V9999 Ultra - GeForce 6800 Ultra
    It gets worse than Tijuana in Mexico City? I have always considered TJ as the armpit of the earth :p

5. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    yes it does. mexico city has the highest crime rate of any city in latin america. kidnappings for ransom are rampant. 20 million ppl in that urban city with most of them dirt poor.

6. techniques1200s

techniques1200s Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    yeah small towns are the way to go. Border towns(and most big cities) like Tijuana, Cuidad Juarez etc., are generally not too nice...
    If i'm not mistaken Mexico City is the largest on the planet right? that place is huge..

7. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    Everywhere except the western countrys is 'shady' as you call it! The funny thing is i'm not white, i blend in nicely everywhere. People think i'm south american to moroccan to pakistani or indian. So as long as i don't open my yap people probarly won't notice that fast i'm a tourist. Anyway i know that there is a lot of danger but i've traveled alot, been born and raised in a 'city' and i'm not retarded..that should help minimalize the danger @ least;)