Anyone been 2 Mexico?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by MrOuija, Dec 31, 2004.

1. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    Hey all, i was planning to go onto a big trip mainly in asia but as soon as i got a map infront of me that tsunami happened. I didn't had anything worked out yet and now i have the chance to go to Mexico, friends of my father are going to marry there in February
    and i want to go to Mexico a few weeks earlier to check out the country. So i was wondering if anyone here had some tips on places for me to check out! Thanks in Advance

2. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    Well Mexico is a big place, what part of the Country are you going to? If you're looking for a party, go to Cancun.

3. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I don't know where yet, that wedding is in februarie and is somewhere in the south of Oacaxa, but before that i wanna go..well wherever. (limited to distances and time ofcourse) Cancun, well i'll look that up, thanks!

4. bluemoogle

bluemoogle Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 260
    woohoo! cancun!
    went there with my sisters to party many years ago. if you dress high fashion in clubs, they treat you special-like. the chicken tastes wierd 'cause they don't add the chemicals in the meat like we do. and the liquor tastes weak and watered down to me- even the bottled beer. did alot of scuba diving, too.

advice: travel in large groups for safety, and don't drink the water :D

5. DboneU68

DboneU68 Member Guru

GPU:
    ATI 9800 XT
    Don't even consider going there. It's a filthy country that is home to many thieves and beggars. They also have different laws that allow the police to do whatever they want. A friend of mine was there one time, and got picked up for jaywalking. The Police took him way out of town, took all of his money, and made him walk back into the city.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Mexico is a very dangerous place.

6. mcnabb311

mcnabb311 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2X ATI 4870 512MB X-Fired
    Well Cancun is very safe as long as you stay in the Hotel Zone. Old Cancun is good place to shop but a little "darker". Cancun is very "Americanized". Check this link out http://www.cancuncare.com/index.html Look under the "Nightlife" tab for clubs. DO NOT miss Coco Bongo if you go to Cancun. That place just friggin rocks.

7. adair_fett

adair_fett Banned

GPU:
    Asus V9999 Ultra - GeForce 6800 Ultra
    I have been to Cancun and Cabo San Lucas. Pretty nice places.

Just dont go to Tijuana. Bad, Bad place.

8. techniques1200s

techniques1200s Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 270
    ??

full of beggars and theives.....true i guess compared to the US it is dirty in some places...but its a developing country.

Mexico is a cool place. The police are shady, its true (expect to be searched, and possibly bribe them. Although, i think white people get picked on more by them:p), and definetely dont eat any food or water unless its sealed in a package or from a large restauraunt. If you're around the border area, such as Tijiuana, its not as nice, but the further you get from there the more "real" Mexico is. Less touristy and all that(and prices go waay down:D).

9. Megabigd

Megabigd Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 3080TI FTW HYB
    i've been to cancun twice. its pretty cool.

10. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Police, except for in the western world they're shady everywhere, i allready know that! I'm mixed blood and because of that i blend in allmost everywhere, that's really fun. I went to Morocco once and everyone was getting bothered except for me. They didn't trust it when i wanted to leave the country though:p My father has spend about 5 months in mexico and guatamala and he had an awesome time so the wedding of his friends there seems like a good excuse for me to go :D. But u know, the funny thing is when my father went, the first days he went out in mexico city and had partied every night, made a lot a new friends and stuff. When he went back to the hotel and told where he went everybody was like..what u can't be serious, didn't u got jacked? It's so dangerous there you should never go there!
    Anyway i'd love to go to mexico and spend some time there, in the touristic places but also the places with less touristic influences. Cancun sounds nice for the touristic places! Well thnx for all the tips peeps and eh if u can, keep em coming

11. gram_vaz

gram_vaz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    i've been to baja and rosarito, nice places. it's just south of tijuana(tijuana isn't such a bad place, nice for shopping, u just have to be street smart in urban areas and u'll be ok). best lobsters, fish tacos, and sea food in general ever in rosarito and baja. they also have nice clubs in rosarito. lots of american tourists in rosarito so u'll probably feel safe there.

btw, if u want to research on this just google for rosarito and baja. i'm sure u'll like what u see.

[edit] i just looked up oaxaca on google. ur landing urself in probably the most boring part of mexico. :p at least when compared to the other tourist spots, hehe. though from there u can probably make it to cancun or mexico city(mexico city is probably the most dangerous place on the planet, just a warning if u go there) if ur dedicated. though be warned, there is practically no train infrastucture in mexico and on some roads there are no roads if u get my drift.

ah, all of this has brought back memories of my trips to mexico. good times...

Last edited: Jan 1, 2005
  12. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ah thanks for the tips man! I won't start out in Oaxaca, i'll have to get there later on for that wedding, i heard it's a kinda backpackers resort also populair with Americans.. I suck @ names but i'll get back at that..time to google some:D

13. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Good... Its a nice place [and the laws/rules are a bit different over there...]. Just be careful, streetsmart, and never let ur stuff outta site. U'll never see it again. :D

14. alex_cAbrAl

alex_cAbrAl Member

GPU:
    xFx 7800GtX Overcloked @ 490/1300 (stock)
    well I live here (mexico) and YES the laws are totally diferent, Oaxaca is an AMAZING place to Visit, but if u r looking for the best place there r 2 places only:

1) PUERTO VALLARTA (AMAZING BEACH and U can see whales in the Coast

2) Cancun (SPRINGBREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

well thats my opinion, and Im mexican and I like to travel A LOT (in january 14 im going to cancun Again UHUUU!!!)

15. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Mexico is great! tourists are usually treated kindly in the touristic cities. [Im a mexican too :thumbup:]

16. alex_cAbrAl

alex_cAbrAl Member

GPU:
    xFx 7800GtX Overcloked @ 490/1300 (stock)
    ea, en q parte del bacho vives?? DFW se me hace raro jejejejeje, yo quiero ir a visitar nada mas pero con tanto desmadre q traen mejor me quedo aqui y junto pa ir a visitar europa (despues de mi amd64) de q parte de mexico eres?

17. AJ²06

AJ²06 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 330M 512MB
    Soy de Monterrey.... paisano!!!

18. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ah thanks dudes, Alex i added u to msn if u don't mind!

19. Richard_Noggin

Richard_Noggin Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GT 512MB
    yep i bin there to get some stuff :idea:

20. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    woohaa the tickets are ready, i'm going the 12th:D and i dunno when i come back yet. I've got the time 'till April!