anyone a doctor or qualified in medical?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Funkgab, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    i know.. wrong forum.. but since im on this forum alot.. just would like to know if any gurus have medical knowledge.. about 2 months back, i got into an car accident.. and in the E.R. i got diagnosed with a chest wall contusion.. the pain did not get any better.. it is a sharp pain right in the middle of my chest and more towards the left.. it is not constant, but it comes and goes.. but its extremely painful.. if anyone has any ideas, it'd be great.. sorry i just really cannot afford more hospital bills at the moment.

2. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    I might be able to help, but i'll need more information.
    Did you have any broken ribs?
    Does the pain just randomly appear or is it triggered by specific movements?

What test did you have done?

You may have a sternal fracture or it may actually be a pulmonary contusion (lung contusion.)
    You can PM me details, but i wont be on till tomorrow.

If it is lasting this long, you may actually need to get it checked out. I don't live near california so i can't check it out myself.

3. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    I'm not in any way a doctor or qualified in meds, but how old are you Funkgab? I guess you don't have to answer if you don't want, but sometimes injuries can take a while to heal fully as you get older.

Chouji is most likely right that you might need to get it checked out, but if it were me and depending on the intensity of the pain I'd probably wait it out. That is just me though as I really believe most of the time your body just needs to heal itself and doctors can sometimes make things worse. But again I am no expert so take that with a grain of salt.

4. DAMAFIA

DAMAFIA Guest

GPU:
    7970@1180/1800
    cud be a trapped nerve i get it in about same place sumtimes its that bad it feels like a heart attack it only hurts when i breathe in or out its been that bad sumtimes ive passed out not pain but cos im breathin so shallow. it happens like when i stretch or sumthin its where my ribs connect to the sternum annoyin more than out else

5. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    NHS for the win.

6. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Yes lets go in our free hospitals and catch mrsa LOL

7. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Well... maybe in Scottish hospitals where they clean their floors with old kilts.

8. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    lol .

9. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Yeah also all that haggis running about its just mayhem here :approval:

10. MrDaniel

MrDaniel Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 660 Ti Jetstrea
    Don't be stupid... LRSA is worse I believe.

11. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    do you notice the triggers in the morning when you wake up? could be sleeping wrong on a sensitive area of your rib cage from your accident.

try doing simple extended routines like pull-up's, and push ups ,could be that the muscle around the injured area just needs to be stronger.

but,....if that makes things feel worse or no change i would say you have no choice but to go back to the doctor . if your body is giving you red flags that you cannot naturally make disapear by eating alot of REAL food ,sleeping and being active/lifting weights ,..you have to. i really recommend you take it serious especially if its a previous internally damaged,bruised or broken area.

seriously just evaluate where you stand on having to go to the doctor, and go right away. dont f*ck around gathering internet opinions , this is your chest we are talking about, not your finger. ;)

12. Mad Cow

Mad Cow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire+HIS X1950 PRO Crossfire+OC
    Oh wow I get the exact same thing, it's like a sharp pain around my heart and I can't move or breathe properly for a few minutes.

13. scipio

scipio Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080 gaming
    Pretend you're illegal and go to the county hospital, fake address fake name= no bill lol...

14. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Exactly same for me.. Happens one per 2 months maybe without a warning..

15. Funkgab

Funkgab Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 @ 850/1150
    no broken ribs the pain would come and go before but it was when i was breathing and laughing mostly.. but it doesn't really hurt that much when i laugh anymore.. it just comes randomly.. feels like something is stabbing my chest or something then goes away after.. and i spit alot of mucus out for some reason now..

they had an ekg, and said that it was a chest wall contusion.. and should be fine if i take some ibuprofen but ibuprofen hasn't done anything.. well maybe because its otc, and its not as strong as prescriptions

im 18.. i know they take a while.. just frustrated and scared haha

no triggers, but chest feels heavy sometimes and i have a whole bunch of mucus to spit.. but sometimes it triggers.. but my ribs have no pain, just the upper middle chest.. sometimes more to the left

i tried to do pushups and pullups.. and even just things like bicep curls.. but the pain is unbearable and i had to stop.. i havn't worked out for almost a month and a half.. maybe more now.. because i was scared i might damage it more

16. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i have only general medical knowledge (yeah i know should've continued my studies, oh well) but this sounds to me like muscle + lung problem.

it's quite possible that the contusion caused a secondary problem involving the lungs (mild compression?) and so now you're spitting mucus, also laughter requires a lot of work from the diaphragm and lungs and both work together, heavyness in the chest is also a symptom.

you do the math, but then again i could be (probably am) wrong. :cool:

17. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    If it becomes more constant and ibuprofen doesn't work on it's own, mix it with acetaminophen (tylenol).
    For most people the combo won't have any negative side effects though some people may notice a slight stomachache, though most feel it's worth it.
    500mg of ibuprofen and 1000mg of Tylenol (or generic brand) should do the trick.

As for your problem at hand, it sounds like you may have fluid in the lungs, without seeing an xray or actually listening to you breath i can't be sure.
    You should definitely have your doctor check you out, all he may need is to use a stethoscope. And possibly an xray, simple xrays aren't THAT expensive.

These seemingly simple problems could be the result of something more serious or long term.

18. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Women are starting to know too much.... Something isn't right here :paranoid: :)

19. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    let me expand on that, CATAFLAM aka Diclofenac (also known as Voltaren), i know most people swear by Tylenol and Ibuprofen as it's widely used (i stopped using it ages ago) because both failed me everytime wether it was a migraine headache, back pain or tooth pain or whatever they just didn't do anything not even at high doses, on the other hand Diclofenac actually gave me peace, it might work for you too?

so maybe you should give Cataflam 25 or 50mg a try, take 1 after the meal and see what happens, you don't need a prescription to buy cataflam.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  20. Stromgold

Stromgold Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Dude, don't take medical advice from people on the internet. I don't think that anyone here would try to purposely give you bad advice, but even if anyone here is a doctor, they can't diagnose you over the internet.

If it were a swollen ankle or something like that, it might be different, but having problems in your chest could be a serious problem. Do yourself a favor, and find a way to see a doctor. :)