Anyelse still getting flashing shadows in WOW?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by CPC_RedDawn, Nov 5, 2008.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    I have just reinstalled WOW as I felt like questing once again. I have not played the game in a while due to the fact that the new 1.62GB patch completly ruined my graphics as I was getting flashing shadows, and textures. In the wake of the new hotfix drivers I was hoping that these would have sorted out the problem but still, the flashing shadows and textures are still present. Only by disabling Catlayst A.I (effectivley disabling Crossfire on my card) does the problem go away. I dont think that there is a Crossfire profile that accomdates for the new WOW patch. Is anyone else getting the game glitch?

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Doesn't happen for me....but it only seems to effect 4870X2 cards with catalyst AI enabled.

3. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I dont play WOW, but sometimes FC2 starts to flash. I dont know if it is caused by the same problem, but when I take A.I to standard from advanced it works better?

4. lenix

lenix Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    Yes it happens here too, only efficient solution is to lower the shadow quality until it stops flashing. Or you can put shadow quality to Max and set your game to Windowed mode. Or you can disable AI which will effectively lower the performance of your card ( only one gpu will be working ).

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I've started to get that problem since increase my GPU clock from 650 to 675....but it's a very minor issue that only occurs in high detail or overly populated areas.

6. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    Doesn't just affect 4870x2s. I have a 3850/3870, happens to me.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    I'm thinking the problem is either related directly to the game...or ATI's drivers. Guessing it's probably a coincidence that I started seeing this problem after increasing my GPU from 650 to 675 and memory from 1090 to 1100.

8. Deviad

Deviad Member

GPU:
    ASUS 48070x2
    If you check World of Warcraft forum you will see that this problem affects Nvidia VGAs users as well.
    Hence, it looks like it's a problem effecting everyone using 2 ore more VGAs. :)

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    hmm...would appear that I'm using a SINGLE HD4850 and recently started seeing the SAME problem....so, that would make you WRONG about it ONLY being present for people with 2 of more cards....I also believe Iarwain is only using a single card as well and stated he's seeing the same problem.

10. madagent

madagent Maha Guru

GPU:
    Voodoo
    I disabled IA to fix a similar problem.

11. Iarwain

Iarwain Banned

GPU:
    4890 990//1120
    Nope, 3870/3850 together in crossfire.

It certainly is more prevalent on crossfire or SLI combinations but, it would seem, possible on single card systems as well. I think this is a problem with WoW, not with drivers or cards.

That being said, I'd like to see the difference in shadow quality. If it just sharpens them, then I don't even care if I can turn it up, the shadows honestly look fine as they are now, for me. On the other hand, if it gives more shadows, or shadows from light sources when you jack it up then I definitely want in on that.