Any word on the AMD October driver update for Win 1809?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by YY911SF, Oct 5, 2018.

1. YY911SF

YY911SF Member

GPU:
    Evga Titan SLI
    Anyone know anything?

RzrTrek likes this.
  2. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    if they did it would be posted already, useless thread!

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    If you feel distressed, please call appropriate emergency line.

If you just want to make post on not enough drivers this month, place it here:
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/amd-driver-anticipation-thread-2018.422938/

As for the next small, big, feature driver... if anyone would have information and was authorized to disclose it, you would already know.
    @austin865a : that actually makes cookieboyeli right. And it means he is using brain and delivering relevant information.

I hate to say it, but I was right about incoming flood of useless threads like "where is my driver/will there be new driver this week/is it coming soon?".

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I love reading AMD comments like: "WHQL is only a signature", when clearly it's not, but maybe that's why it's taking them so long? :D

Noisiv likes this.

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    It is just a signature by M$

6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
  7. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Also i dont know why people want 1809 driver so badly...18.9.3 is working like it should.

8. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    LocoDiceGR likes this.
  9. YY911SF

YY911SF Member

GPU:
    Evga Titan SLI
    Christ, all I did was ask a simple question.

Noisiv likes this.
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    At a guess AMD might be waiting for WHQL certification for this driver and that takes about a week so depending on when AMD signed it off and sent it over it could still be a few days although it's pure speculation and nothing else.
    I'm expecting it to be released next week but it could be later today or even later in October depending on what AMD is currently trying to add into the driver. If it's a shift to a more recent branch it might also take a bit more time due to testing and what not plus the WHQL signature taking some time once the driver is sent for Microsoft to sign it.

EDIT: Though the current driver release principle is to have major features for the December release so the rest tend to be bug fixes and game support though the driver branch can also shift up to newer versions as can bundled software from Catalyst Next to support such as Vulkan and the other API runtime files in the driver. :)
    (But unless they're going for a beta release there's no way around the additional time for the WHQL signature from Microsoft and that I think is about a week or so plus when AMD schedules the driver release after it's signing.)

RzrTrek likes this.

11. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Someone help me with this. But I recall AMD having drivers ready for Spring creator update. Although the update was delayed a few weeks.

At this time it hasn't been communicated that AMD has driver support for Redstone 5, 1809 as of yet. Reasons can very as to why that is and in the end we are forced to wait until they are ready to release that driver. Keep in mind:
    1809 is wddm 2.5
    1803 is wddm 2.4
    1709 is wddm 2.3

Nothing is clear as of yet. As for Geforce it's an
    update for DirectX Raytracing support although there are no games that support it as of yet.

OnnA and Noisiv like this.
  12. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Well i hope what i posted helped a bit, because everytime a workstation driver is release, normal gpu's drivers come soon after. not all the time, but most of the time.

13. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Yeah folks don't need to worry about using the current driver. I'm running both 18.9.3 on my laptop, and my older PC with a HD 5670 seems to work fine too.

But it always feels better when there's a major OS upgrade and AMD's driver has an official stamp saying it's been tested specifically for the new version

14. Flanker35M

Flanker35M Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6950XT
    S!

So far the 18.9.3 drivers are chugging along pretty nicely with the latest Windows10 update.

15. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Same goes for the 18.9.2, with the exception of HBCC not turning on (changes to on, Radeon Settings restarts, it's off again).

16. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Releases should be minimal since Dec release is coming soon.

17. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Looks like I will have to deal with my fullscreen stutters for a while longer...

18. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    How does it look like on RTSS frametime graph?

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    18.9.3 is a must IMO for 1809 -> also always Game with High Bandwidth Cache ON
    Some games have +1,2FPS and some even +10 :D

20. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I know this doesn't concern me, but I've seen multiple posts on Reddit where people claim that crossfire breaks on 1809 with Vega 56/64 graphics cards?