Any way to stop the whole Windows 7 RC1 March 1st restart every two hours thing?

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by miffywiffy, Feb 25, 2010.

1. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    I'm saving my pennies to buy Windows 7 Ultimate but it is frigging expensive and I just lost my job and crashed my motorbike, got tons of bills to pay etc etc. So I wont have the money until next month but the RC1 will expire on March the 1st and frigging I need this PC lol.

There a crack or anything to stop it doing this?

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    you can always go back to previous versions of windows that you DO have laying around.
    eg. XP or vista

:thumbup:

3. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    this type of topic is forbidden as it relates to piracy. be warned.

4. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    You could try to rearm it:

Use any version of Windows 7 free for 120 days
    http://windowssecrets.com/2009/08/20/01-Use-any-version-of-Windows-7-free-for-120-days

Btw: asking for or posting a crack, download link or anything other illegal can lead to an infraction or a ban.

5. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Difference between Pro and Ultimate is minimal. Ultimate has drive encryption, and that's pretty much it. Why wouldn't you just buy the Professional version?

6. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    If you're a student ultimate upgrade is only £60 or £40 for Pro in the UK anyway.

7. SickBoy254698

SickBoy254698 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 780 OC
    God forbid you actually pay for it. If you can't afford it then go back to what you had before. Seriously, there aren't many forum members who are against piracy despite what our posts must say. But I bet almost all of us at least sucked it up and bought a legit copy of Windows. U should try it some time.

8. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    100% agree with you. I got my student version for 40 bucks for Win 7 64bit pro. That is not a bad deal.

9. Blaise

Blaise Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA
    Without trying to sound too rude.... you knew that this was going to happen and exactly when it would happen. I understand that money has become tight with you but really, how long have you had to save up for this?

10. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I've seen it a million times, in forums where people come and make up a sob story, about how they're broke or something tragic happened, so they can just get it for free. And besides, why not just revery back to Vista until then? I dunno if the re-arm that Cybermancer posted would even work after March 1st, as there is probably something else that MS checks and why it restarts/quits working on that day.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2010

11. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    No, but the OP could use the re-arm trick on a full version of 7, then have 3 months to save up for a key/ disc.

12. miffywiffy

miffywiffy Master Guru

GPU:
    750ti
    Thanx I'll try that trick.

Dunno why you peeps are moaning, at least I plan to buy it when I get some money in. Unlike all my other friends at Uni who all pirated the retail..... I'm only using the RC.

13. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    i rearmed yesterday :) i have win 7 ultimate but cant be arsed installing it

14. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    :wanker:

I know exactly how you're feeling. Never change a running system, right? :D

15. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    lol, that pretty much sums it up, a reinstall would take a full day to get right again( games reinstall, get physx working again, turn off all the crap, copy all the docs back etc. ) and tbh i havnt got a full day free to do it at the moment

Havnt got any more warnings since rearming it, so hope it will stretch it a bit longer for when i have time

16. DF-1

DF-1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    you have the RC? because you basically don't have to reinstall any games or physx. i used a very small guide and it saved me a lot of time.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/3075/how-to-upgrade-the-windows-7-rc-to-rtm/

(basically in your retail version you change the #'s in the file called cversion
    find the line Minicilent=7233.0 change it to miniclient=7000.0 press setup and upgrade and ur done, EVERYTHING works)

17. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I followed the rearm but when it asked me to activate I did and now I only have 3 days left before windows expires :(

should i not activate it?