Any way to registry edit RIS on non Navi GPU?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Prefix, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Prefix

Prefix Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 260X 2GB
    Even if its just a force on for all titles was just wondering if this was a thing. Maybe Radeon Mod could get an update with he option?

2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    I've asked the same question some time ago.
    Still i don't have Reg Key for it :p

@Fox2232 ?

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Sorry, AMD got me there. KMD_USUEnable is all that changes in registry and no files are modified while changing this settings via Radeon Settings.
    But flipping this key alone does not enable/disable it while restarting Radeon Settings. Therefore it is either not working on its own or some other process holds this configuration in active memory and restart may be needed after alteration.

RIS is present in exported configuration (Preferences > Export Settings...) as:
    {"ID":12,"Name":"Radeon Image Sharpening","Value":1}

Would try export > change > import.

And I do not have truss/strace to play with on windows.

Edit: OK, it is KMD_USUEnable, but requires restart for some reason. Usually it was enough to kill Radeon Settings and start it again for it to load registry changes... sux.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    So we need to Paste: {"ID":12,"Name":"Radeon Image Sharpening","Value":1} into Saved Settings
    and create in Reg:
    "KMD_USUEnable"=dword:00000001 <- is it that way in registry?

UPD.
    No, nothing

and BTW how many "ID":12, do You have in saved settings?
    I have 2 - {"ID":12,"Name":"VOLTAGE_GPUCLOCK_ABS","State":1

C'mon we can do it ;)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Import of configuration acts in same manner as changing registry, therefore driver simply doe snot think GCN GPUs are capable to do it.
    Other thing may be to make driver think that you have Navi. Not very good idea and AMD has some protections in place since GCN anyway.

Previously, I turned few GPUs into another to get Pro features in both camps. But with GCN it did not really work out. Modifications to BIOS of Fury X enabled it to be installed as Polaris, but deep in details of Radeon Settings, card still identified itself as Fiji even while all device IDs matched Polaris.
    And since I did it to check out Wattman functions for Polaris, I know that none got enabled.
    Therefore that's not the way either.

Changing driver itself to think that Vega is Navi would work. Or better, finding out compatibility lists of features per architecture would work too. But it has been a while since last time I had been doing driver code mods and had environment set to re-sign them after.
    +that's not something that people like to use due to Windows 10 not liking to installing them w/o enabling test mode. (Or at least that's how it was.)

6. The_Amazing_X

The_Amazing_X Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil V64
    I really dont mind doing seting like powertable wise and then have to restart to get them to work. its allot better then going over res and sorting that out.

7. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    No, not like that -> Brute force is always wrong.
    More like Reg Tweak, enable RIS in registry & for Relive.
    But nothing happeds.

We need to wait for Big driver 19.12.7

8. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    I definitely hope they will add dx11 support as well. RIS is amazing. In Metro Exodus, I never lowered the shading rate as the picture gets very blurry then. But with RIS, I can comfortably play on 0.8 shading rate (so 0.8x my native resolution), and the game is still sharp as heck while gaining a lot of performance.

I thought RIS was open-source, and already added to reshade? It has a small impact on performance, while RIS on Navi has practically none, but performance gained by playing on a lower resolution with practically no reduction in sharpness by using RIS with reshade which will eat up a small bit of performance will probably net you a decent performance increase still (I have not tried the Reshade version though, but might do that because there it also supports dx11 games).

Undying likes this.
  9. Prefix

Prefix Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 260X 2GB

Yeah its a shame.

10. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Stumbled upon this
    might be worth a look

OnnA likes this.

11. Prefix

Prefix Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R7 260X 2GB
    Its not same thing you have to use reshade and some games block reshade.

12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Use Reshade 2.0.3 for this games.
    Working with GR BreakPoint, but newer one (3.4) gets disabled by Battleeye.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  13. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    its a port of the same shader , implemented via an external injector, whether the driver is doing it or reshade it is still the same CAS shader amd created.

consider it an interim solution until amd supports it officially.

OnnA likes this.