Any way to reconnect HDMI audio

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by kevnb, Dec 2, 2013.

1. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    Once windows sees the HDMI audio source is disconnected it wont connect again until reboot. I have my computer hooked to my entertainment center and a monitor, everything works great but when i turn my receiver off and use just the monitor my HDMI audio doesn't work until I restart. Is there a service I can restart so the hdmi audio kicks back in?

2. AxelL

AxelL Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX1080
    W7: Start - Controll panel - Sounds - choose AMD HDMI for output again.. I think that will work for you as well.. It is still annoying though. :)

3. GreenSmoke

GreenSmoke Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 660 OC FrzIII
    Got the same exact problem (but I have NVidia). Anyways the only workaround I have found apart from rebooting is to go into the GFX control panel, then under Display section and into sub-section for Audio setting tab/section, if the device is in the list proceed to disable device-> Click Apply. Back to same menu and re-enable device.

Device should now be enabled again, and functioning with previous settings.

4. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    thanks :) I made a couple of batch files using devcon to disable and re-enable the device, works perfect. I dont even have to mess around with choosing the right device, the default device for my receiver is the AMD HDMI one when available.