Any way to fix Tomb Raider flickering/blurry hair?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jez_uk1, Apr 6, 2013.

1. jez_uk1

jez_uk1 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Here's the problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKAFY_sWWvU

The problem is well known, I believe there is a workaround in the pipeline. Question is if there is any way to fix this in the meanwhile? Profile fix? I've been waiting almost 5 weeks to play this game as intended.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  2. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Turbo 24G
    is that with tressfx on? I played the whole game without seeing that issue, is it only on the Titan?

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I disabled tressfx after about 10 minutes, completely destroyed the performance of the game for something as minor as pretty hair.... no brainer

4. jez_uk1

jez_uk1 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    It is with TressFX turned on, yes. I thought it was affecting SLI in general but it might be a Titan only problem, I'm honestly not sure.

Performance was greatly improved in the last driver release.

5. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 Turbo 24G
    yea when i played it they hadn't fixed tressfx performance so i had it off. Not sure if there is a way around it as of now, sorry.

6. angmar

angmar Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI Founders
    I beat the game with tressfx on before the new driver with the performance tweaks came out. The new driver broke tressfx as when I went to check out the performance gains after installing the new driver then the hair looked all ****ed up.

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    hair looks fine all maxed out settings in game except for 2x ssaa, 4x ssaa I still got flickering hair