Any other older Sons of Bitches trying to keep up with PC gaming like me?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by jbscotchman, Oct 19, 2017.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I'm 37 and just a 1060 gb. I tried playing BF3 earlier and and a 130fps makes my damn brain spin!

2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Reduce Field of View.

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Consume energy drinks. Makes you all jumpy and edgy and helps with keeping up with that. :D
    Some of the weirdest nights I had, no sleep, energy drinks, and BF3 grinding :D

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Even at 60 fps my brain is still spinning! V-Sync is totally on!.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    38 and no brain spin

Reduce alcohol / smoke intake before gaming

6. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I don't think it has anything to do with age. I'm 40, and the only case where I get the "dizzy" feel is when I haven't played a game for a month or so. This was always the case, even 20 years ago. If I didn't touch any FPS game for a long time, I always had to get used to it again. Then the "weirdness" went away.

7. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Don't overkill with gaming is my experience

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Have you tried to deprive yourself from sleeping for a several nights in a row? You won`t need a games to challenge your consciousness.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Oh yes, sleep deprivation training is something usually only given to military or intelligence officers. Does marvelous things though... my longest though without sleep only were skipping 2 nights and practically crashing in for an early third night.

10. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I'm 38, and my gaming experience hasn't changed all that much - perhaps I'm not as quick as I used to be, but I can still game comfortably at high FPS. I can also still see jaggies in my games @ 1440p at medium AA so my eyes haven't dulled. The only thing about being an old-time gamer is that I occasionally have bouts of nostalgia and will play older games (usually with updated graphics and modern controls). Mowing down demons in Doom/2 never gets old ;)

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    im 37 and just bought SSC 1060gtx worth price for the performance increase, still use 1080p though on ultra shadow mordor with vysnc out does 59~90fps as opposed to my 660gtx doing 35~60 ish with vsync off withcer 2 should be play able @ max settings @ 60fps at all times on this card and witcher 3 should be just as good according to reviews, sadely dues ex md at max wont be but maybe by time i get around to installing DX:MD denovuo drm will be removed too

not so sure on the temp issue 70% load i enough to push card to 70c while fan only runs 30% ish my 660gtx ran 702c full load, so i was right i dont like the no fan spin till certain temp and i not fan of having to use 3rd party programs to set fan speed, 40% fan speed is audible but not loud 45% is slight annoying and 50% or higher is down right annoying jet engine and that is inside a FD define R5 case.

I not sure how much long i will bother majority of the game i play i want to play with gamepad and that still iffy at times on pc. MMO type game excluded, less the game was made with console in mind first over pc.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  12. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    48 here and the only game that makes me queezy is SkyrimSE when I jump offf something really high like the side of a mountain and it's a long way down otherwise I'm good to go in most games

13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    That is very good advice actually. I'm currently bouncing from GTA V, Arkham Knight, and Rise of the Tom Raider. I can play for about a little over an hour before I need to take a break.

14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Disable motion blur and increase your field of view.

15. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Decrease field of view. Please don't kill old people, have some mercy.

I also had horrible head spins after playing KF2 in high FOV on 1440 panel, totally fixed it by reducing it.
    It's not about age, but how your brain can manage all the flowing information and orientation.

16. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    Another vote for reducing fov. I play with fov quite a bit with my ultra wide and found that I do get dizzy if the fov is too high at high frame rate. More so on fps games or anything you move the camera quickly.

Most of the time all it takes is reducing the fov by 5, no need to go crazy here.

Literally double my age sir! I too am waiting for the new wolfenstein, I am amped!

airbud7 and big ROBOT bill like this.
  17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I never thought I would see the day when I and others are complaining about high fps. I have a friend who's 40 and he can't look at any fps without immediately getting sick. I'm gonna blame years of drug and alcohol abuse..

18. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti

Haha, oh I love high fps! Most of the time its not an issue, unless the fov is all wonky. Default settings never make me dizzy, only when I start increasing it and go too far.

19. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Someone 37 calling themselves 'older' is kinda cute. You're in your prime, add another 20 years. Then you're older like us older SOB's.

Icanium, big ROBOT bill and airbud7 like this.
  20. Aioras

Aioras Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    I´m 37 too and don´t think I´m somehow close to be old man gaming, I play BF4 and BF1 at 120fps with a decent fov.... and my head is not spining... yet hehe

Enjoy!!