1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other old timers here?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by KillaBug, Dec 28, 2018.

1. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    I still lurk around mostly in logged out but with restarting my Company after 4 years of doing something else I should be around more again

I believe i had a Geforce FX 5800 Ultra and yes I actually enjoyed it except the lack of 8bit Pallete Textures

BlackZero likes this.
  2. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    Am I considered an old timer yet?

3. scajjr2

scajjr2 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080Ti XC Hybrd
    Yeah I remember in the early 1990's how computers were the future of your kid's education ( that was the marketing hype at the time). So I made sure my 12 & 10 yr old daughters each had one. All they ever really used them for was to go online to AOL & Prodigy and message their friends. Occasionally a homework paper was printed.

Sam

4. Holocron

Holocron Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 850M / 4GB
    Hello there @KillaBug , according to my profile I registered back in 2002 (thanks to that because I could not really remember). Back then, forums, specially this one, was the "social media" platform for me. Guru3D was the place that I go to for PC tech news, for help with my PC, and of course, RivaTuner. Back then, I had to explain to people what 'Google' is and how to use it.

I have been playing games since the 80s but before I found this place on the internet, I was in the middle of nowhere in cyberspace. I somehow lost access to my account because the email service provider that I was using had shutdown, but I was oblivious because I was so immersed in World of Warcraft. That was like 2007 to 2009, if not earlier. I burned out after so many hours in WoW and had laid low from gaming after that.

Now-a-days, there are so many platforms to socialize on, and everyone I know are playing games, even my mom on her mobile phone. Although, I am not as fortunate with building a family, in fact I got separated from my wife for a little over a year now... Anyway, I think this decade was the golden age for videogame graphics, I mean I was so flabbergasted at the visual quality and fluidness of today's games (Arkham Knight, Deus EX: Mankind Divided, Dishonored 2, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, etc.). Very incredible games of today. Playing these games made me felt that the 'future is now'.

Right now, I am playing the Elder Scrolls Online and it brought me so much nostalgia, that is why I remembered to go back to this place, here in Guru3D. :)

airbud7, BlackZero and Solfaur like this.

5. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    I remember when the mods shittalked everyone over MSN. I miss those days. I joined when I was between freshman and sophomore year of college, and a year from today I will have enough years as a lawyer to legally qualify to be a judge (I will not be a judge though because I'm bad at politics).
    I'm still FB friends with John, Icebird, Finchwizard, and one other guy who's screen name I can't remember ATM (and I follow hilbert on Strava. We both need to get back on the bike, best I can tell.) Finchwizard has a kid FFS. The first two post things in Norwegian that google translate only half translates.

6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    It will be my 10 year anniversary in October! Bloody hell!

7. Montville

Montville Active Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX 570 4GB
    Yep, me too - my first contact with computers were CP/M OS .. a while ago, yes!

8. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    I remember when 15 fps was the norm and 20 fps was awesome.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 470
    A local shop used to carry the Globalwin YCC-61F1, YCC-801 and YCC-802. I'm pretty sure I've built in at least one YCC-801 but I can't find any pictures to verify.

I miss the cases with removable motherboard trays.....

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070 AMP!
    15 years this May.