Any other old timers here?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by KillaBug, Dec 28, 2018.

1. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    I still lurk around mostly in logged out but with restarting my Company after 4 years of doing something else I should be around more again

I believe i had a Geforce FX 5800 Ultra and yes I actually enjoyed it except the lack of 8bit Pallete Textures

BlackZero likes this.
  2. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    Am I considered an old timer yet?

3. scajjr2

scajjr2 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080Ti XC Hybrd
    Yeah I remember in the early 1990's how computers were the future of your kid's education ( that was the marketing hype at the time). So I made sure my 12 & 10 yr old daughters each had one. All they ever really used them for was to go online to AOL & Prodigy and message their friends. Occasionally a homework paper was printed.

Sam

4. Holocron

Holocron Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 850M / 4GB
    Hello there @KillaBug , according to my profile I registered back in 2002 (thanks to that because I could not really remember). Back then, forums, specially this one, was the "social media" platform for me. Guru3D was the place that I go to for PC tech news, for help with my PC, and of course, RivaTuner. Back then, I had to explain to people what 'Google' is and how to use it.

I have been playing games since the 80s but before I found this place on the internet, I was in the middle of nowhere in cyberspace. I somehow lost access to my account because the email service provider that I was using had shutdown, but I was oblivious because I was so immersed in World of Warcraft. That was like 2007 to 2009, if not earlier. I burned out after so many hours in WoW and had laid low from gaming after that.

Now-a-days, there are so many platforms to socialize on, and everyone I know are playing games, even my mom on her mobile phone. Although, I am not as fortunate with building a family, in fact I got separated from my wife for a little over a year now... Anyway, I think this decade was the golden age for videogame graphics, I mean I was so flabbergasted at the visual quality and fluidness of today's games (Arkham Knight, Deus EX: Mankind Divided, Dishonored 2, Mirror's Edge: Catalyst, etc.). Very incredible games of today. Playing these games made me felt that the 'future is now'.

Right now, I am playing the Elder Scrolls Online and it brought me so much nostalgia, that is why I remembered to go back to this place, here in Guru3D. :)

airbud7, BlackZero and Solfaur like this.

5. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    I remember when the mods shittalked everyone over MSN. I miss those days. I joined when I was between freshman and sophomore year of college, and a year from today I will have enough years as a lawyer to legally qualify to be a judge (I will not be a judge though because I'm bad at politics).
    I'm still FB friends with John, Icebird, Finchwizard, and one other guy who's screen name I can't remember ATM (and I follow hilbert on Strava. We both need to get back on the bike, best I can tell.) Finchwizard has a kid FFS. The first two post things in Norwegian that google translate only half translates.

6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    It will be my 10 year anniversary in October! Bloody hell!

7. Montville

Montville Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX 570 4GB
    Yep, me too - my first contact with computers were CP/M OS .. a while ago, yes!

8. JaxMacFL

JaxMacFL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jedi Titan XP
    I remember when 15 fps was the norm and 20 fps was awesome.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    A local shop used to carry the Globalwin YCC-61F1, YCC-801 and YCC-802. I'm pretty sure I've built in at least one YCC-801 but I can't find any pictures to verify.

I miss the cases with removable motherboard trays.....

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    15 years this May.

11. T1tan

T1tan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080
    Back in 2003 used to lurk this forum, all about overclocking my radeon 9600Xt that I begged my parents for. I had like 128MB of Ram and a celeron CPU. Awkward kid that hung out at the Library sometimes during lunch my freshman/sophomore year in HS, wasn't until Junior year I had a social life. But all I'd do is hound G3D for overclocking tips, anything to gain 1fps in CS. Good ole days :)

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  12. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    Nothing changes :)

13. XtcSkuLL

XtcSkuLL Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1060GTX
    Aircool tell me your steam