1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any news on new driver release?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RPGgamesplayer, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    If I was a cynic I'd say that NVIDIA are dragging out their forum downtime in the hope that everyone forgets about the embarrassing v-sync stutter bug with the GTX 600 series. Of course, I'm not a cynic... or am I? ;)

2. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Knowing a company like Nvidia, they have a lot of pride. I doubt they will let the hackers have their way. They are probably taking every precaution imaginable seriously, before bringing their forums back up. Don't worry you guys have the G-Meister here untill they are back up.

3. Improv

Improv Banned

GPU:
    Patriot 8gb DDR3 ram
    He hasn't been posting much and the thing is he isn't letting us know what's going on with the drivers. First it was late July, then early August, and now nothing.

If they honestly are holding these things up for the forums that is ridiculous imo.

4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Strix
    Periodic reports on driver progress?

LOL you must be head of the NV driver team if you expect those.

Or perhaps a major company shareholder? :wanker:

5. Improv

Improv Banned

GPU:
    Patriot 8gb DDR3 ram
    Yeah...except he has been giving us dates now the date is passed for the 3rd time and he hasn't said anything. I don't think asking to know what's going on is asking to much.

So no need to be a dick. After all we are the ones that keep the company alive by buying their products. So when a driver is delayed over and over knowing what's going on isn't going to kill them.

6. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    I know it sucks but there's got to be a good reason why it's taking so long which probably has nothing to do with the forums. There has been a few beta releases in the past month so we know they're at least working on it.

Who knows? Maybe there's a wrinkle that's being extra hard to iron out. :)

7. Improv

Improv Banned

GPU:
    Patriot 8gb DDR3 ram
    I know what you mean and it's understandable but I personally don't think communication is too much to ask for.

Take a look at the forums as a prime example. This was the last message:

"Posted July 24, 2012

We are continuing to complete work on strengthening security for the NVIDIA Forums.

We expect to bring this site back online soon.

Thanks for your patience."

A week from now it will be a month since that message came out. Soon means in a short time. A month isn't a short time. Is it really difficult to keep us updated?

Not trying to make a huge deal you know? Just saying how I personally feel that's all.

8. SrengthOfLength

SrengthOfLength Banned

GPU:
    2x Windforce 680 - SLi
    I would think it has to do with the gigantic VSYNC stutter thread which was putting allot of people off from buying there new 6 series cards - problem solved.

No communication required, the forums being down is likely serving a purpose, not much more to be said I would say :D

If they are so tight on staff they cannot get a simple forum up, something which can be done in a few minutes lol I would say they need to shell out a few quid for one extra employee, what with the entire staff working themselves day and night to fix the issues with the 6 series cards!

:infinity:

I cannot believe people actually think they could not get the forums up and that people are buying into this lol - there is simply no good reason right now fo rthem to get the forums up.

9. daffy101

daffy101 Active Member

GPU:
    670GTX with TT 2 cooler
    There is an issue with planetside 2 beta according to @J_smedley tweets seems either the driver or the physx is causing crashes maybe they are trying to fix that before they release the new driver?

10. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti XC Ultra
    Before we start jumping on the conspiracy bandwagon, keep in mind DevZone is not properly up yet (along with a few linked login pages) as well as the Shop site. I'd say these would have higher priority than the forums. Something is up but I doubt they'd keep all of the above down just because of the forums..

11. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

Stop whining. The forum will be back up once every single security precaution is completed and put in place. It's not just a matter of closing a single loophole that was exploited in the hack... a lot of steps are being taken to bolster things up, and they take time when dealing with a network security team, external companies, and government authorities.

As for the driver release date, that's always in flux. There is no such thing as a release guaranteed for a particular day. If you find problems or hit problems, the date slips. Period. Manuel is doing his best by just relaying what he is told. He's not lying or trying to fool anyone. At a certain point, if you're trying to help someone and you relay a couple dates that get missed, then they start complaining. So why would you continue to relay dates if they can't tolerate the results of real world development? You're better off just leaving them in the dark so that they won't accuse you of having broken a promise.

With all the whining and accusations, I'm surprised people don't see why this isn't a great place to have to announce a delay.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012