any news on new driver release?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RPGgamesplayer, Jul 11, 2012.

1. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    manualG i hope you could send some insight,

looking forward to getting a vsync fix for the 6 series gpu's

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    A fix for the v-sync stutter issue was included in the R302/304 drivers so, if you aren't using them already, I'd suggest installing either the v304.48 or v304.79 beta drivers as they have fixed the stuttering on my system in all the games I'm currently playing.

That said, the issue was never that much of a big deal for me anyway. I understand from reading some posts here and on other forums that some games still stutter but it may be difficult to qualify due to the fact that not everyone will notice it as much as others and it may be related to specific combinations of hardware/software.

3. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    i am on v304.79 and the games that stutter i have used a suggested fix if i use precisionx to set frame limiter to 60 it almost resolves the issue

4. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    I had stutter without vsync using 304.79s. I re-installed them clean a few times, no dice. Back to 304.48 and everything is fine. Never had an issue like that before, I think the Win8 code did something bad to the drivers when used on Win7.

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Likely end of the month for the next driver release.

6. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Have you guys duplicated the persistent stutter in the titles people have mentioned? Or the crashes?

Never had issues like this before, reinstalled them a few times, but had crashes in BF3, stutter in BF3, MP3, even COD MW3... also had some really bad FPS dips in said games too.

I dont use vsync at all, frame limiter, etc

7. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    I am still using the 300.83 driver because every other drive gives me stuttering in bf3 mp. I wish Nvidia would hurry up with some better drivers for this damn card..

8. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Well, 304.79's are excellent here, everything I play is butter smooth and looking good!

9. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    I think the driverteam or most of it is on vacation now. Well deserved they have released a bunch of drivers since 6-- series was released.

10. Brendruis

Brendruis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Reference GTX 680 SLI
    Big respect for the driver team, but the reason there have been so many is because of the rampant problems not because they are so great currently.

Hopefully soon we have a quality driver

11. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    It is ironic isn't it that I swapped over from AMD and am getting more problems now that I ever had with AMD. I count the problems I had on one hand over the years. But 2 or 3 months with Nvidia and I'm getting all sorts of issues.

Just goes to show ya really doesn't it. It's a matter of sustained perception with the community that AMD drivers are bad and yet it simply is not the case any more (and has not been for a long while) and I had Crossfire too!

Sounds as if Nvidia drivers are going down hill to be fair.

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

why not go back to AMD ? sell the 670's

13. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    I bet myself money that the next in the thread would be a message JUST like that! I just gave myself a tenner. :)

I'm happy with my 670's. I am a patient man. You're jumping to conclusions I did not intend. I will wait for things to be fixed as I have done with AMD.

Just thought it ironic how many people say these things when it's simply not true.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    oh i see. well i hope next drivers fix your problems then. personally i have bad experience with a 4870x2 , worst card in history lol
    my 5850 was ok though. but it really made me scared to go CFX ever again

15. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Yer I had 2 x 5850's. Loved them. Hardly any issues. Just needed to wait for a few fixes just like I'm doing now. They just were not cutting it in BF3 on Ultra though.

Really love these 670's. Just need a few bugs fixed. I'm surprised how slow the drivers come for Nvidia. When I used to have a 5900 they seemed to come 2 or 3 times a month!

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Same goes for me with the 5970 and the infamous 99% GPU Load Bug for 7 months.

17. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    Aug 1, how's the new drivers coming? ;)

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I think NVIDIA are way too busy trying to get their forums, which have been down for over a month, back up and running to bother releasing new drivers.

19. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I hope the web admin is not the same team responsible for writing the drivers. Surely this would be as different team?

20. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    They are probably waiting for the forums to come back up before releasing a new driver, as a way of an a apology. :)