Any nation out there want to adopt me...?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by BLEH!, Jan 17, 2017.

1. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    I'm quite fond of my free healthcare, thanks, for as long as it lasts, anyway.

2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Free?....But thats another topic.:)

3. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    +1, :banana:

4. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    Seriously?You live in Toronto not the Arctic Circle more like 3 months cold weather lol.I lived in Ontario for the first 48 years of life it's nothing like that.The rest of that drivel is opinion so you're welcome to that.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    And I've lived in the GTA near my entire life. It's freezing cold the majority of the year, not 3 months. It can snow from October to May, so my bad, I should have said up to 8 months. The best case scenario is usually 6 months which is still far a cry from your imaginary 3 months. This is the first year in recent memory that looks like it might end between February and March, I hope, and hasn't had a week or more of death winds making it feel like -40C.

You live in the most temperate area of the country, move back to Ontario to refresh your memory. Realistically, the weather patterns have changed a lot in the last two decades. When I was a child it'd almost never snow up to as far as April, now as I said it sometimes snows in May. So much for "April showers bring May flowers".

And even during the times when it isn't at actual freezing temperatures, what then? Gloomy damp dark days with the sun going down by the time you realize it's even up. Summers which are intolerably humid with constant warnings of UV exposure.

And Trudeau is a tumblr level SJW, it's a fact. He picked his cabinet based on gender rather than qualification or experience, he goes to mosques and prays with Muslims to win their support, he rushed to try to bring in refugees without a solid plan to properly take care of them, he apologizes profusely for any rejection of illegal immigrants (like with that group of Sikhs who were deported, while wearing a turban), he actually apologized for apologizing because the timing wasn't perfect and may have, in his opinion, taken away from another one of his apologies, the list goes on.

Tell me which part of that isn't a fact? None? Then you can't call it opinion or drivel.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Meh, living in England atm, going to work for 8am some days and the sun is not fully up. Then it's dark at 4pm.

This thread is turning into "my country is worse than yours". All of you living in the US, Canada, Australia, NZ, Germany, France and the rest of the first world countries need to take a chill pill. There's billions of people on this planet who have it a LOT worse than you.

7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    And there's billions who have it better. My statements aren't exaggerations. Daffy Duck hasn't been in this area in long enough that he hasn't the foggiest idea what it's like and has the balls to say "lulz it's cold only 3 months a year!". The OP was basically asking for info about other countries and several mentioned Canada, I'm going to warn anyone thinking about even visiting here about the weather.

TL;DR for the OP:
    - Expect a minimum of 6 months where there will be snow, expect 9 months cold weather.
    - There are very few job opportunities for scientists here.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Billions who have it better than Canada? Example, please.

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Okay that was obviously exaggeration, I meant my statements in my last post weren't exaggerations. It's not like I don't understand your point, life is great compared to much of the world and I'm grateful that I live here. That doesn't mean it's great as far as a "first world" life goes. I definitely wouldn't recommend moving here to someone who already lives a decent life. Everything about life here is incredibly frustrating and I can't stand the cold, the dark, the humidity, so I'm moving to somewhere that's at least warm and sunny. Nothing strange or controversial about that.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Fair.

I know you were exaggerating. I for one would swap the generic gray weather for the cold of Canada. I'd swap beaches for it too.

11. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    I guess what you call cold and what I call cold are 2 different things.But really it hasn't changed that much since I lived there and 3 months is about it for actual cold weather.(Dec.Jan,Feb)Agreed on the humidity in the summer.What's wrong with showing support for Muslims? They aren't all terrorists like Trump wants you to believe.You have a problem with his immigration stance that's opinion.Maybe you aren't cut out to be a Canadian cya.lol Oh I'm betting my 48 years living there is more than your entire life. :)

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Yeah we obviously do have very different ideas of what cold is. If I need a jacket to not shiver, to me that's cold.

I'm not going to start a conversation about religion and how theirs is incompatible with western society - that's not a conversation that's going to end well. For some context my family was originally from a 99% Muslim country, I know a lot more about it than you (or most people for that matter) do. My point was that Trudeau's hyper-politically-correct image disgusts me. He seems either incredibly fake or incredibly naive.

I have no problems with immigration so long as it's properly handled and moderated, instead of some political stunt to appear super PC. They rushed to cram in as many people applying as refugees, during a terrible economic time, to the point that (ignoring other issues) they ended up cutting funds/w*****e/whatever you want to call it to those people who were counting on it. When the refugees calculated how they would start their lives here based on those funds only to have it suddenly cut off, that's a huge problem. I see them begging in the subways in every day because they're left in such difficult scenarios. It's not like they can magically pull jobs out of nowhere so quickly, there are no jobs here, and the w*****e process can be long and convoluted depending on the case.

Trump's harsh persona doesn't bother at all compared to hyper-PC Trudeau, but yes, we all know actions are different from a built-up public image. We'll see what they each actually do. So far Trudeau hasn't kept his word on key issues like electoral reform and is rapidly losing support because of it. I fear if he doesn't keep those sorts of promises he's going to lose the next election. I fear what the Conservatives will do. At least Trudeau got rid of the scientist muzzling laws.

Not cut out to be Canadian LOL, having grown up here from the time I was a baby I am the epitome of Canadian, my mindset was developed here, nowhere else. Sorry if that's not PC enough for you, but the reality is most people I've met in my life think like me, and most of them hate Trudeau's hyper-PC image and begrudgingly vote for him as I do.

Edit: I have no idea why w*****e is censored, but I think you understand what word it is.

13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Neo Cyrus, how I understand you! We (in Moscow) have practically the same weather. Ofc there are places in Russia where -50 is usual temperature in the winter, but thank gods I don`t live there. (As for inflation I will be humbly silent. I am lucky to live in capital biggest city and have a job. Life outside big cities is completely different.)

Btw, in 90s Canada and Russia had mutual educational project and my mother being a teacher in medical college went to Toronto to study nurse management in University of Ontario (iirc) for a several months. She stated afterwards that they barely noticed any difference in weather.

14. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Hey welcome if you so decide! Also what field are you job hunting in? Maybe I could give some tips for companies to ask from (feel free to PM if you don't want to discuss it here ;))

Well that's Finnish winter pretty much... dark between 6 am - 3 pm and f**king dark from 3 pm - 6 am :D

Last edited: Jan 25, 2017
  15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Used to like the dark nights when I was younger, partying is always better when it's dark, now I feel like I've missed half the day when it's dark at 4pm

16. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I'll take Brexit if you take Trump.

Cheers!

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    More like Whinybitch-exit.