Any good HD5670 driver out there?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by hemla, Oct 1, 2017.

1. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    I did a repack of the last known driver branch that works on non-gcn cards, has issues, mainly the problems with frostbite engine, feel free to give it a go. opencl va ect all work correctly with the 16.101+catalyst 15.11.1
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/16-101-2901-1001.409002/

2. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Sadly on my Windows 10 64-bit it says "Final Status: Fail" for driver. I did not click to install HDMI Audio driver, as I run DVI monitor but could it be cause? CCC installed fine.

But I went to my video card manufacturer website, MSI to check driver there, turned out to be 15.7.1 dated August 5, rev4 while one that is offered by Windows 10 Updater is dated August 10, rev5. Of course Windows 10 will always override and auto-install it own driver unless forced not to. Should I try rev4 driver instead of rev5 as it came from my video card maker? That driver download link on MSI website actually linked to AMD website, so it's probably not manufacturer-specific driver.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  3. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    I would probably just stick with the wu driver, its probably better.

also btw inorder to install the driver pack you have to jump through some hoops, mainly disabling secure boot, installing the driver in disable-driver-signature-enforcement mode (similar to booting into safe mode), and stopping windows update from overwriting it using the wushowhide.diag tool (https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca...t-a-driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-window) all the files in the pack are digitally signed, but the inf (a text driver config file essentially) isn't which is why it will fail to install normally, but once installed it will boot normally without issue.

4. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    This is the MSI offered driver btw: 15.200.1062.1003

I will keep testing them over and over until I find one that won't randomly crash CryEngine and won't cause performance issues. Apparently 16.2 Crimson(last officially supported driver) is worst.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017

5. hemla

hemla Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia
    Is there anything newer than 16.2.1? I found 16.2.1 to be slow and causing crashes, 15.11.1 to be slow and 15.7 to cause crashes but be faster than others.

6. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    Nothing offical, even 16.2.1 was a beta driver and unsupported for the most part.