Any FX 8350 users play PUBG?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by MiMiK, Nov 3, 2017.

1. MiMiK

MiMiK Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 7600GT
    i was wondering if an FX 8350 users could recreate something for me?

so i realized two days ago that my RAM was not running with xmp profile enabled and the RAM was at 800mhz. after enabling xmp and RAM running at 1600mhz i jumped in the game and noticed quite a substantial fps increase. i refuse to believe that enabling the xmp profile improved the fps this drastically lol.

in cities i was getting anything between 28-57 fps with an average of around 40fps + -, out in the fields the average would be around the 50's with highs around 65fps.

after enabling xmp profile the average in cities went up to around 55fps and in the fields around 70fps average....

AsiJu likes this.
  2. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Just set your ram back to 800Mhz and see what happens with the FPS. Some games do like fast ram and 800Mhz is kinda slow

3. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Strix
    Double Data Rate- 800mhz= 1600mhz does it not?

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Hehe, good catch!

Yeh 800 Mhz was basically your RAM running in "safe-mode" (if XMP is 1600 MHz), no wonder you got a perf boost.

Plus enabling XMP most likely tightened RAM timings as well quite a bit, SPD defaults have usually pretty high latencies.

5. MiMiK

MiMiK Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 7600GT
    yes but i wasnt expecting such a frame boost lol. i at the most expected 3-5 frames and that was me being generous, haha.

i was finally looking to upgrade my pc just for pubg alone, as the only game i played for years was csgo and it ran that great. got the 8350 from chispy a couple years ago, guess ill keep it for a bit longer now as pubg runs better at this framerate. it doesnt mess really with my aiming as it did with 40fps average :)