Any customised OS user ?

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by teots, Nov 9, 2021.

1. teots

teots Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Hello i'm new here. I have been using customised os (win10 20h2) from ghost spectre.
    It's been running great for months for gaming on my pc. Is there anyone who is running this or
    other customised os would like to share ?

2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    wouldnt touch someone elses modified windows iso with a barge pole.

386SX likes this.
  3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    You will find 99% of the people on this forum would never use a modified ISO of any operating system.

4. teots

teots Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    It's a pity if it's true. Their modified gaming/standard os are tailor for low/high end computers, gaming or non gaming.
    These freelance programmers really do a nice job. If peoples can trust freelance programs like DDU , nvidia sliming utility and nvidia profile inspector etc. Why not give this talented folks a chance ?

5. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    OK I think a custom OS is very different to using tried and trusted applications. I wouldn't use one. Any tweaks I do myself.

6. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    If you know the maker of it or good friends ect. Ya they work I've tried a few but that was a couple of years ago and I forgot who made it he had a website ect. He had like [Win7 Desktop Theme - Flagship] & [Win7 Desktop Theme - Hyperdesk] < this one was really cool. But its up to you.... google the hyperdesk one and you'll prob. find the site....good luck bud.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I remember trying Windows XP Gamer Edition a very long time ago now, no idea what the actual source of it was to be honest... just something I found at a lan party.

8. maur0

maur0 Master Guru

GPU:
    point of view gtx 570 1gb
    my custon windows 1703 enterprise lite with last update integrated 15063.2679 (march 2021)

it is in brazilian portuguese but it can be installed in the language you want after it is installed

can leave windows update turned on normally it does not update to new versions, always staying on 1703

download
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/xdao13f17w4udwn/win_10_enterprise_x64_1703_lite_mar%C3%A7o_2021.iso/file

installed all updates until March 2021

removed

Windows Defender, Recovery Disk, Multipoint Connector, Containers, Datacenter Bridge, Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services, AllowTelemetry, Geolocation, OneDrive, ContactSupport, QuickAssist, Presentation, RemoteAssistance, Windows Recovery Disk-RDC, CHSIME, Lxss subsystem, PPIProjection, holographic, Printing-XPSServices, WinOcr, VirtualPC, VirtualXP, Miraclast, Maps., InkPatform Added: added classicshell 4.3.1 added all visual c++ runtimes 2005 to 2019 framework 2.0 to 4.8 installed takes up about 8gb.

[​IMG]

i use inspectre to disable spectre and meltdown it gives more speed on older cpus here i use xeon

[​IMG]

classic theme if you want to use run as administrator the file c:\windows\classictheme_winlogonthemehandle_hybrid_explorer.bat press "E" then run tb RibbonDisabler.exe disabling After logging off, it's a classic theme

result
    [​IMG]

another windows 10 LTSB 2016 lite 1.99gb
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/jadm..._lite_build_14393.4770_novembro_2021.iso/file

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
    teots likes this.
  9. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    theres nothing in those windows isos that you cant modify yourself. due to windows being closed source.

linux on the other hand would be modified greatly.

Solfaur and anticupidon like this.
  10. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Could you please list the benefits of customised OS. :)

Edit: Windows OS:p

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021

11. teots

teots Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
  12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    with windows 7 and earlier i would customize my OS iso. but with windows 10 or 11 hell no, just trying to tweak OS can and will break things in the os specially windows update. which why i have virtual stopped tweaks the OS and turn services off. it not worth the trouble it can and will cause in the end. unless your die hard purest that will to deal the problems that will most likely come from it. But I would never uses some one else "modification"

The days of me wanting to deal with Windows and many many idiosyncrasies and it breaking with littles things is long gone. I just want OS to work that is it. which why gravitating to consoles

386SX likes this.
  13. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    If there's a problem of literally any kind, you will never know if its the butchered os' fault or not.
    Not until you install things that were meant to work together just to be sure its an actual hardware
    failure. That's enough of a reason for me to overlook literally any of the benefits one could name.

Imagine a bunch of people ironing out all the issues windows 10 has, when a multi-billion dollar
    company cannot and on top of it, do it without ruining something else in the process. Did they
    test all the different scenarios? All the different hardware combinations that are possible? All of
    that on something that is closed source on top of everything.

I'd press x for doubt anytime.

//P,S this OP looks kinda suspicious. It's like he's one of the people working on 'ghost spectre' and
    wants the opinion of tech people to find a way to target their audience better.

386SX likes this.
  14. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Customized OS you say. Well, I use one.
    It's called Linux distribution.
    Windows? Customized Windows ? Everybody knows it's a faux pas.

Caesar, Mineria and Cave Waverider like this.
  15. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    haha...i missed that WINDOWS.....lol

16. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    man I remember doing all sorts of stupid edits to the windows registry on xp in hopes that it would improve performance, maybe like 2 times out of 100 would it actually do something useful. most of the time it just caused problems.

17. pbanj

pbanj New Member

GPU:
    Red Devil 6700xt
    pretty sure you're right about him. was the first thing that went through my mind as i was reading it

18. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    I did use but I dont use and I wont use because of the reasons written above.

Everything they do can be done in a batch script which you run after install. Everything ....

19. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    I've used tiny7 before, if that counts as a modified iso.

20. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    This is a great advert NOT to use ghost spectre.
    Well done op ;)