Any chance (PC) COD:MW2 multiplayer will be successful?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by bsc14, Nov 4, 2009.

1. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    What if thousands of those people were on MP instead? You don't really know how the market reacts. Not all gamers go on forums, there are those who don't care about anything except to enjoy their games so they aren't vocal about it.

Unlike most of you here, I ain't a pessimist so I still have hopes that this game will be successful as its predecessor but granted, will not be big like its predecessor due to the removal of dedicated server support.

UT3 wasn't anything special that's why it didn't sell that well. UT2K4 is better than UT3. The only reason why I even have UT3 is for the Renegade X mod, else I wouldn't even bother that game. I rather play UT2K4.

deltatux

2. DeMS

DeMS Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X HAWX 2GB
    It will last until next November.

Then IW will release MW3 and kill MP support for MW2, thus forcing you to buy another dumbed-down console port.

But hey, be happy if next iteration even makes it to the PC.

And yes, lots of people will buy it. They will try to play MP. Fist days whole system is going to be ├╝ber laggy and will disconnect players randomly because main server (the one in charge of connecting players) will be overloaded. Then people will notice an improvement as one-timers disappear. Then the disappointment will come when they see how laggy and vastly impersonal the system is.

But it will sell, which doesn't say much in favour of PC gamers ;x

3. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Oh and guys, remember that transcript on Best Buy they said they ain't ruling out future support for dedicated servers and modding tools, so there might be that slim chance it'll come ^.^

deltatux

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    lol, cmon though, they just want first day sales with that, ill be the first to buy it when they do do that, ill even take a picture of my receipt :)

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I've stated numerous times now that I would be happy to go and buy the game if dedi servers happen to get added to MW2, but I don't beleive it will be by the grace of IW, it will once again be the modding community who thanklessly make our games better and in this case, would be making the game that IW seemingly refuses to make or take responsibility for. I think that is what gets me the worst.. the fact that IW and Activision are trying to sell us all a game with a crippled MP and are spinning it to make it seem like its better for us. lol the whole thing is just a total $hitshow.

6. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I actually don't put the blame on IW, I blame Kotick, he's the one f**kin' us. Before him, Activision was all dandy like Google is, but once that Kotick came along, look at the crap is going on...

deltatux

7. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Agreed, pre 2008 EA v2.0

8. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Even in a gimped down state will still be better than either the PS3 or 360 one, not sure why you would pay more for something that has worse visuals, less control options and the same MP.

Kotick is like the baddie in a movie, you'd cheer his death by acid bath or something, lucky i hate stuff like WOW and Guitar Hero, as hate helping his succes in any way.

Depends on what you call succesful, initially i'd say no, but maybe there are 100s of thousands of quiet PC gamers just waiting for this type of console style MP in a COD game, and it will break new records.

More than likely it will fail, and they will blame it on piracy and Activision will stop releasing COD games on the PC.

9. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Just like when Bush stepped down, I'll be definitely cheering when Kotick either gets fired, arrested (a good portion of them who are well known usually end up this way) or stepped down.

deltatux

10. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Unfortunately his evil plans to rip off gamers and have them constantly line his pockets seems to be working, so don't see him being fired, and he is still young, so stepping down seems unlikely too, unless he goes to another company.

So im hoping he's arrested for something dodgy, which im sure he is capable of.

11. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    Ok new the PC version is pretty much the same as the console version. But I mean, I hate the damn console version, and one of those reason is because of the lower amount of capable players.

12. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    L M F A O

This is pure hillarity.. thanks for that it made my night.. seriously.

.. and maybe tomorrow I will wake up with my knob getting polished by Scarlett Johansson as she hands me a winning lottery ticket and a garbage bag full of grade A bud.. ... what?? it could happen!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Whatever, last I checked MW2 sold 13M copies with 10 of those being on consoles. So 3M went to PC - and there is what like 150k signatures on that petition? Woopdeedo.

14. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Yeah it'll still find a market. Plus are there any similar, quality fps coming out anytime soon? I would like to skip this game but will probably end up buying it due to lack of quality war fps. They are the only game tht seems to keep my attention anymore. The rest get lost in the shuffle. I have Borderlands & Dragon Age, but seem to keep going back to COD 4 & 5.

15. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    MW2 is out ?

16. Deprenor

Deprenor Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1
    [​IMG]

no dedicated servers
    no mods
    Price hike for the PC.
    FORCED matchmaking and FORCED integration with Steam
    only 9v9
    no lean

is this what you want for pc gaming?

17. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    where r u pulling these numbers from ... hopefully not from your @$$.

src plz?

deltatux

18. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Not everyone resides in the States, I don't think I've ever hit below 45ms in any server games before. My average ping is about 80ms - 120ms for both dedicated servers and P2P.

This is already called an excellent connection in Canada (excluding Quebec, they have the nation's best connections).

EDIT: I don't have issues w/ Steam, I actually love the damn thing.

deltatux

19. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Just because you spend too much of your life left clicking, doesn't mean everyone else does.

Whether some of you want to admit or not, the PC is failing these days, if it wasn't then why would IW treat the PC version of this with so little respect as you guys put it.

Everyone i know owns a PC, EA recently said there are roughly 1billion PC's out there, so why do so little people game on them?

With but cheap package PC's appearing in supermarkets that put yours to shame, hardware requirements are becoming less of a problem.
    Most people i speak to can't be doing with the hassle, installing from discs, patches, looking for servers, compared to PSN or XBL its all just too geeky and not worth it.

Steam is something that i know alot of casual gamers like, and is very succesful, and IWNET and VAC is obviously the direction IW want to take.

Activision and IW are out to make as much money as possible, if they want to go a more consolised road, and rid this game of clans etc, then its their choice.

20. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

So, anyone else excited by Battlefield: BC2?

What a great day that would be.