Any chance of some 8800 XP drivers Nvidia?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BangTail, Feb 25, 2007.

1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Still no new drivers for XP? Pretty weak TBH. I'm sure we'll have yet another revision for Vista soon. I bet all those clowns who were telling me to shut up and wait for Vista drivers (before January 30th) don't have much to say now. Didn't I tell you they would be lacklustre at best on launch day and beyond? 8800 = Vista Ready, MY A$$, now or then.

E

2. Stev0

Stev0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN Sc SLI
    Hurray for top support,nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    ethne: how about...... THEY TAKE TIME! i don't have any problems running Vista with current drivers. i also don't game yet on Vista, that's what i have XP for. and the reason we said to wait till the 30th was the fact that prior to that, the drivers barely even worked.

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Do me a F**king favor and dont start with that crap. You apologists are hilarious. Before the the 30th of Jan, you were telling us to shutup and wait for retail and now that that's come and gone we should shutup and wait some more?

As far as I can tell all that has happened is there is basically no support (or very limited support) for XP while Nvidia does damage control for Vista. Which I still contend should have been done on or about the 11th of November 2006. But you keep making excuses, maybe they'll cut you a cheque.

5. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    and you keep bitching. Go to NVidia..... i'm SURE that you'll be able to mystically make everything all better and release a perfect set of drivers in a limited amount of time. Look at XP.... the drivers STILL aren't 100% perfect, even for cards prior to the 8800's.... and it's been out for like 3+ years. Thinking constantly that they would have had such an easy time to make drivers for Vista is a complete load of BS on your behalf. do i seriously have to post the SAME link i posted in several other threads with the interview of the VP of software development at NVidia? they have like 3x the work to do just with the amount of driver components alone, let alone how much more work is required to make such components.

All i can say.... is that if you're having issues with the current XP drivers for the 8800GTX/GTS.... then it's your own damn computer, not NVidia and their drivers. Bitching won't help. Maybe try figuring out what's ACTUALLY wrong in your case, and don't try to blame it on a company that has a sh*tload of work to do. They're supposed to be having monthly driver releases (or sooner if a major bug is found) starting since the last release. whining and moaning about the same idiotic crap all day long won't change that fact. they'll probably tell you the same thing that just about anyone would tell you if you try to rush something complicated..... SHUT the HELL UP!

I haven't had a single issue with the NGO 97.92 forceware drivers since i started using them, which was when they came out. which do you believe it is more likely to be..... that i'm the one of the few that has them working, or that you're one of the few that doesn't?

6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I wont even enter into an argument with a text book narcissist. Of course if it works for you then its fine :tool: Yes, your definition of "idiotic crap" is actually what most of us like to call "Customer support". I wouldn't expect you to understand that most basic of concepts mind you, they are clearly beyond your very limited grasp.

The "wait for release" argument was a weak one but at least it had some credence. The argument you are attempting to mount now clarifies that you are an Nvidia apologist and they can do absolutely no wrong in your eyes. Take your own advice.

:rolleyes:

E

PS : I dont care about how much work they have to do, how is that relevant? They are a f**king business selling products. They charge a large premium for 8800s so I have zero sympathy. They falsley marketed their card and I predicted long ago that the drivers for Vista would still be garbage after Vista's launch. If the card wasn't ready, it shouldn't have been released. It's just that simple.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  7. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    and anyone who is acustomed to buying the latest and greatest right away knows that this is how it goes,(i feel like ive said and read that in others posts also like 500,000 times each, and also i would say that geforce 7 drivers were just as good as geforce8 for winxp this long after thier release also)if you have a problem with that, then its the buyers error,and if only some people have problems that are driver related.its usually only if its in conjuction with another piece of software or hardware that it doesnt agree with or needs a fix to work right with something else or another part.but as far as general usage and crashes from being on the net?!, get real,its either your system, or user error somewhere along the line. half of the things people blame nvidia for is bs and a cop-out so they dont have to reformat cuz thier lazy-a$$es or do any troubleshooting at all or have to admit to themselves its user error or that maybe thier system is just built like sh!t.who knows,i have 0 problems with anything, and i mean nothing at all.

sorry if this is offensive, but id like to see people stop being crybabie's,any problem and its" nvidias ruining my life waaaaaaaah"

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  8. Tony Blair

Tony Blair Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 295
    I would love some new XP64 drivers, cant play armed assault because of rubbishy drivers due to overfog on the game :(

9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    So when should we expect working drivers "Master of Logic"? 2 years after the cards release .... 3? /yawn!

E

10. kadiir

kadiir Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX275 SOC
    You know not of what you speak. The current crop of 8800 drivers broke some DirectX stuff. However, you probably won't notice if all you play are modern (e.g., DX9) games.

11. Leatherface

Leatherface Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS (stock)
    Didn't somebody say that XP drivers don't work now for some and work for others? how long has XP been out? maybe not even then, point is no matter what you will have problems. Also like i have said to other people, if you don't like your 8800GTS/GTX or any Nvidia card for that matter, sell it and wait for ATI cards to come out. Problems solved yeah?

12. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    ethne (or E as you seem to like to call yourself for some reason):

really? wow.... i didn't know they were a business. something else i didn't know.... since when does being a business mean you're F**KING EMPOWERED?!?!?!? all being a business means is that they have four things to do:

1) manufacture products
    2) provide tech support for said products
    3) try to get products working as fast as HUMANLY (key word there... think you should take it into consideration in your "limited grasp" of the situation) possible
    4) to listen to people like you bitch about something that, in the end, will result in a lot of wasted, meaningless banter about the same IDIOTIC CRAP!

you say i have a "limited grasp" of the situation? you're the one that can't see passed the fact that just because you play older games, NVidia isn't going to be like "OMFG SOMEONE HAS A PROBLEM" and be able to fix it in 5 seconds flat. If you think you can make such a big f**king difference with their drivers..... go fill out a damn application saying you're a superpowered coder who can do the work of hundreds of people in less than half the time.

13. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti
    Face it guys, Nvidia gives a **** about XP. The game is on Vista. Problem is, that many of us is still using XP, and as long as _some_ people don't have any problems, it's allright, as all of us _with_ problems with the current official driver, is either stupid or has a faulty PC. Just ask anybody that don't have any problem with the current official set of driver.
    I will repeat my problems here, and I'm REALLY looking forward to see some _constructive_ answers to one or more questions.
    1: Read temp of GPU (ASUS A32N-SLI can't use ntune)
    2: Underclock the 8800-card in 2D mode to save nature. The 8800 cards uses ridiculous power when just surfing, writing a letter aso.
    3: Set FSAA higher than 4x, and making it actually work (I can set it to 16x, but no more resources are used than 4x, so something is wrong!)
    4: Performance in generel. Is the 8800-series really the first serie that Nvidia can't tweak anything? All the earlier series Nvidia found some performances along the road, and I'm sure they will too with the 8800s, but maybe only in Vista.

14. dudecat64

dudecat64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock rx 6750xt
    I can understand where you guys are coming from with $500 graphics cards. But nvidia has alot of issues right now they are trying to straighten out. There vista drivers suck ballz so people are complaining to microsoft and microsoft is complaining to nvidia. So nvidia said they would have drivers for vista and so far they have not been that great. I wouldn't be suprised if we dont see new drivers t'll the 8600 series is released for xp that is. I dont excuse nvidia for not fixing the xp drivers though. They should have released better drivers for xp when people are paying $500 for uber cards from them.

15. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well yeah..... but in this situation, either way it's a lose-lose situation for NVidia's sake, especially if you look at forums. with NVidia working more on Vista drivers at the moment than XP drivers, people are pissed cause they can't get their XP drivers working right.... and if NVidia still had a focus mostly on XP, people would still be pissed cause Vista would run crappier than it does now for the most part. hence why i can't see why people are complaining anyway.....

Burgurne: Try the NGO Optimized 97.92 drivers. it SHOULD be able to give you the temp readout for your GTS, seeing as they were modified to use the classic control panel only again. they're the ones i'm using, and i can see the temp of my 8800GTX on my Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe. not sure about the other stuff though.... so that you'll probably have to figure out if the NGO drivers can do it on your own.

16. Stev0

Stev0 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN Sc SLI
    My point exactly.

17. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    My problem is with Vanguard you jackass, a game released just over a month ago. Don't try to be witty, it doesn't suit you. Who told you I was trying to play "older games"?

And I love your idiotic statement to the effect that I should go and seek employment with Nvidia because I can do better. Fact is, I couldn't, then again, I am not a multi-million dollar company in the business of developing and selling graphics technology. Maybe its time for you to STFU. You aren't old enough or wise enough for this discussion.

Elemental Putz :peeleft:

Last edited: Mar 7, 2007
  18. Pntgrd

Pntgrd New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTS
    I too, had your problems but I found a solution to them. I got rid of nTune (an EVIL program) and now use ATITools and a program called nHancer. ATITools will let you underclock the 8800 and will give you temp readings, even in the tray if you desire. nHancer (found here www.nhancer.com) will allow you access to all the Advanced driver options you can't get to with the new CP. You can also set game profiles like the old CP.

Not as good as some new XP drivers but it has allowed me to get things stable and with all the things I wanted.

19. xSLIX

xSLIX Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 WCSWIFTECH
    i want drivers that get rid of texture crawlin on edges of objects i still feel like im using 7800gtx512mb with graphics look like this .

20. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    ethne: i said that because someone else had mentioned that the drivers work with newer games and has trouble with older ones. didn't mean directly that YOU had trouble with older games, but by the way you were talking about them having problems.... what would you assume?

And yes..... i KNEW you couldn't do better. was basically trying to prove a point there. you couldn't do better, cause you're human...... so is NVidia's dev team. they can't do something that's damn near impossible. and if they rush drivers, and they end up buggier than the last.... people will complain about those, and use the set that's out now due to that fact. It's basic logic. they can't win with people no matter what they do. someone always finds something wrong with drivers, then that problem get's amplified by people complaining about it on the net, even if they DON'T have that problem..... just cause they can.

Main reason i wonder why i get into debates like this. everyone's just out to try to increase the size of their e-penis..... just like the "Gamers" threatening class action suit against NVidia before cause Vista drivers sucked and was hard to play games on Vista. Everybody could have told them that. NO version of Windows was smooth as butter when it was released..... cept for maybe Windows ME.... but in that regard it was only "smooth" as Windows 98, and had a LOT more BSOD's to worry about.