Any chance of some 8800 XP drivers Nvidia?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BangTail, Feb 25, 2007.

1. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Its been a month since the last ones and there have been about 4 Vista revisions since then (Not like it doesnt need it ;) ). Seriously though, we could use some XP drivers.

E

2. hansje

hansje Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 980GTX OC
    I agree...maybe they try to force us to buy VISTA, so watch out :cops:

hansje.

3. Hitman-47

Hitman-47 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280
    Force us? With bad drivers who don't support overclocking they will not force me to buy vista but to always have xp that is sure...

4. lorenzo.x119

lorenzo.x119 Active Member

GPU:
    Club3d 8800gts @610/2000
    I quote you, nowadays there are bad drivers both in XP and in Vista :behead:

5. iamtheoneneo

iamtheoneneo Banned

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb @ 576/1700
    and this is like the millionth thread on this issue....seriously take it elsewhere. xp drivers a fine! what exactly do you want from them?

6. Stev0

Stev0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN Sc SLI
    If xp drivers are so so fine then go play some swat4 or unrealt2004 and then come back and say they are fine.

7. OrionRU

OrionRU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX (621/1512/2020)

UT 2004 plays just fine here.

Im gonna have to go with User Error on this one.

8. iamtheoneneo

iamtheoneneo Banned

GPU:
    Nvidia 8800GTS 640mb @ 576/1700
    ut2004 i played only last friday - plays fine on my pc, just like every other game iv tried.

9. Stev0

Stev0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN Sc SLI
    You two are one of the lucky few then.
    Google it and just read the many threads on 8800 stutter.

10. Lozeritis

Lozeritis Member Guru

GPU:
    (2x) ATI 4870 1GB XFire
    Uhh... How about some SLI support and bug fixes for some of the latest titles!? (Supreme Commander, Vanguard SOH)

That alone is reason enough to want new drivers. I know I've been waiting.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007

11. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yep, it is known to have issues with Vanguard. It needs some fixing TBH.

E

12. dcgerard

dcgerard Active Member

GPU:
    nVidia Refrence GTX260
    Just use nVIDIA's own smoke demo with 16x AA and 16x AF, and you can see a problem in XP drivers.

13. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    yeah without a doubt sli people are the ones that need updated driver's WAY more than single gpu users. i had sli 2 gens in a row with geforce 6 and 7,so i feel ya on that one.nvidia really should have seperate drivers for sli users that are updated more frequently as new games come out like on slizone.com or something like that. i myself think with how few driver choices there are for 8800 for xp, 97.92 is pretty good imo.i have no issues,the temps are easy to drop on the card with just a tad of effort. my only complaint is everything about the control panel situation with 8800's is what i dont like.having to use ntune to see even your temps? tottaly gay. cant switch between panels, its either or, and even then you gotta add registry entries to even access the old panel to see temps and have refresh overide for crt's with coolbits once old panel is open etc. its just gettin stupid. i want them to put the panel back the way it was during geforce4ti days when the old control panel came downloaded with everything open except overclocking panel,1 entry to the registry,awesome. and then update that panel and call it good.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2007
  14. Lozeritis

Lozeritis Member Guru

GPU:
    (2x) ATI 4870 1GB XFire
    QFT x 10000000

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Actually whole SLi thing should have an on the fly updater like antiviruses have for virus definitions.
    This way NVIDIA could deliver SLi profiles almost instantly to all SLi users with really minimal overhead (downloading just profiles is way different than downloading entire driver pack each time). This way you kill two flies at once.
    Makes me wonder if i'm the only genius in the whole world to come up with something like this... and i really doubt they have to change drivers so drastically unless there is something seriously wrong with the driver. But in most cases this updater should do it. Actually why not make fully online updatable incrimental architecture, delivering superior updatability, compatibility and scalability? Users will always run latest drivers, NVIDIA will have way less wasted bandwidth, easier fix distribution and so on. 1:0 for me again.

16. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Things I want from XP drivers (currently using 97.73):

Setting 'Maximum Frames To Render Ahead' to 0 crashes any 3d app, and sometimes bluescreens windows.

Some WDM (VIVO) Drivers would be nice!

neither of these are major problems, just small annoyances (well, the VIVO one is bugging me) as I have no issues in any games atm.

[EDIT] wtf, found out my card doesn't have VIVO. that just sux :(

Last edited: Feb 26, 2007
  17. Grendel_66

Grendel_66 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    A working control panel that is not bug ridden and a pain in the arse to operate.

18. -=DeNMaN=-

-=DeNMaN=- Member

GPU:
    GB 280GTX on Dell 2407
    the XP drivers are not fine with the 8800's.. All i see is fatties on my screen when playing games on my dell 2407 with old games like Sof2 because the drivers wont let me fix the aspect ratio.. i select it and then it just goes back to default after i apply... it's really sh*ting me..

it worked with the very first drivers for the 8800's but they wont the most stable drivers in the world + couldn't keep the O/C settings after a restart

19. Insomniac34

Insomniac34 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 768mb (800/1900)
    For the most part I'm fine with the current XP drivers for the 8800 cards. The only problem I have is the well-known shadows problem with Call of Juarez. Not unplayable, but pretty unenjoyable. Other than that, I'm pleased.

20. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti
    How about letting the 8800 clock down i 2D as 7800 and 7900 series did? Mine is running at full speed all the time.
    How about letting me choose all the FSAA mode the card can do, and not just off, 2, 2Q and 4?
    How about performance? If Nvidia can't find more performance in driver it will be the first time ever, that they hit the top with driver no. 2 or 3 since a new GPU was released.
    I'm not running SLI, so I can't comment on that. What I can comment on is the missing temp gauge. My mobo (ASUS A8N32-SLI DeLuxe) can't run ntune, I know it might be ASUS' fault, but that still won't letting me see the temp.