Any 6950/70 aftermarket coolers known?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Erqury, Jan 4, 2011.

1. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    Dutch benchmark.
    Temperatuur = temperature (while this is obvious I'm just making it clear)

Shame the Shaman's quite a bit more expensive than the VF3000 where I am, which is why I bought the VF3000A. I don't know if the Shaman will fit with the backplate and the Zalman keeps the VRM's cooler than the Shaman. if the Shaman fits with the plate I recommend getting that, if not get the Zalman as VRM cooling is just as important as keeping the GPU itself cool. What's so good about the plate is that it cools the memory chips and the VRM at the same time. In fact, the VRM have slight fins portruding and the plate doesn't get hot, due to its size.

At max RPM I can tell you the VF3000 is loud, very loud but I live in a loud environment anyway with three PC's, my H70 alone with its stock fans makes crazy amounts of noise. The room quietens down a lot when I turn my PC off.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  2. Sulfix

Sulfix Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 1080 ti SLI
    I'm really looking forward to coolers for the 6970 that allows for Crossfire!

3. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
  4. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    my Vreg's dont get hotter than 50c ANYTIME according to gpuz newest, dont know what all the fuss is over saying shaman is no good, its great. Well love mine anyway. Oh pro-tip dont use the long vrm strips that you get with the shaman , get an extra pack of the regular ramsinks, they are plenty good for the job :) the little strip sinks are ok but no where near as good as thermalrights proper ram sinks.

Last edited: May 1, 2011

5. chas1723

chas1723 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Windforce GTX670
    Dave, I guess we did not get enough names on the list for TR to make the dedicated Vreg heatsink. Heard any updates on it?

6. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    i used the supplied little vram sinks and havent had any issues on my clocks at all..and according to gpuz sensors like most of you that have this cooler i havent went over mid 50s on vram

definitely best cooler unless you want xfire then maybe i would consider something slightly different..

7. bobutz

bobutz Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
  8. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    I know my AXP takes up almost 3 slots so, if the inside of your case looks anything like this:
    http://hothardware.com/News/Alienware-Aurora-R3-System-Autopsy/
    Then probably wont be able to fit in 2.

[​IMG]

This is an example pic, but you can see how it takes 2+1ish slots.

9. bobutz

bobutz Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    Ok tnx.....for a water cooling?can you give me any help?:)