Antialiasing artefacts with RTX3080?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by RKKA, Aug 4, 2021.

1. RKKA

RKKA Guest

GPU:
    Aorus RTX3080 EXTR
    Hallo everyone,

i have an issue with my 3080 since some time. You can see it on the green and white lines on the screenshot: it’s like AA doesn’t work correctly? The lines shown look choppy.
    A6635147-0A77-4559-8D26-AC695301F582.jpeg
    i also monitor some flickering at some textures with lines at certain angles the light..

anyone with an idea what could cause it?
    I use TAA for antialiasing in this game, all settings in Nvidia control panel are default and set to quality

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Not a bug, nor a driver/hardware artifact.

These regions have no temporal data to blend against the previous frame for one, and 2 there is insufficient solid colour pixel data for antialiasing to give a perfect approximation of a straight line at certain angles (and advanced methods to make up for this are computationally expensive for the tiny pixels they occur on)

[​IMG]

https://software.intel.com/content/...servative-morphological-anti-aliasing-20.html

[​IMG]
    Figure 11. Handling of diagonals, from left: source image, FXAA 3.11, SMAA, CMAA2

[​IMG]

the lines simply didn't have sufficient information in the original image for antialiasing to make them look like perfectly solid liines.

https://gamedev.stackexchange.com/questions/141916/antialiasing-shader-grid-lines

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  3. RKKA

RKKA Guest

GPU:
    Aorus RTX3080 EXTR
    Thanks for explanation!

what about the issue with the lines on the roof of the airport building, the lines seem to crate this rounded pattern..is it something I could fix with any AA filter?
    [​IMG]