1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, I'll give EA that, their Live Services are usually a bag of wank from a story and gameplay point of view but they almost always look and sound good.

Credit where credit is due, shame it does nothing to make the game better as you can only look at pretty for so long (where games are concerned :p )

cerebus23 likes this.
  2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    can't get in, stuck on loading

signex likes this.
  3. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 Gaming
    Yep, this game is not good for streaming, Playback Rate 7-8K Kbps is not enough on twitch.

4. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    eventually got into a game with my friend and i will say im impressed at how it runs in the world not so much in the walkin fps sections when streaming or loading seems to be an issue at times cos In the game tho it feels crisp and snappy like its running at well above 30fps and into the 45 to 60 territory I will say that the game feels like they took what was one of the most enjoyable aspects of ME Andromeda which was the combat and fine tuned it then placed it directly into an open world with flying. after enjoying the first mission we headed to the forge and then right into the next mission then yet again a loading screen sat there doing nothing and our cpus went sky high so we gave up for the night lol im still 50 50 on buying it as some of the ai is borderline broken and as lovely as the game looks *(and runs)* with some nice verticality it does feel rather empty then again if you are used to that with D2 like i am its not really that big a deal as long as the eventual engagements are fun which they are.

5. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    I don't understand this.

On the Anthem page it clearly says "YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE VIP DEMO" but when I launch the game it says "Connection problem. Unfortunately you do not have access to the first Anthem Demo weekend."

...wut?

6. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Well, I managed to play through the first mission without any issues. I did it solo, so there isn't any mandatory group system in place, all you gotta do is set party to private before you head out.

And good luck controlling the Javelin accurately while its flying using keyboard + mouse.

BangTail and Kolt like this.
  7. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Good to know you are not forced to play with randoms (thanks @Angantyr ) but after going back and playing it a little more, it feels like a very badly performing Destiny 2 clone.

I see this holding people's attention for a few hours but I agree with some others here that this is going to tank, especially if The Division 2 is even half as good as the original Division.

8. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    On various social media channels, including Reddit, there’s plenty of players getting annoyed because some have pre-ordered the game and can’t play, yet can see people on their friends list who they gave codes to playing!

As SlippyGeeee says on Reddit: “Feels as though I’m being punished for pre-ordering the game, whilst the people I gave a code to are playing? Lmfao what a crap show.”

Hickgamer has a good solution, which we’d definitely agree with: “FIVE HOURS AND STILL CAN’T CONNECT! REMOVE ALL ACCOUNTS USING FREE CODES TEMPORARILY SO THE ONES WHO PAID CAN ACTUALLY LOGIN!”

It seems like a PR and marketing disaster right now.

https://www.psu.com/news/anthem-pre-order-players-up-in-arms-over-freeloaders/

9. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    worse yet i have noticed if the demo does end up on an that infinite loading screen trying to enter a mission after you have shut it down through task manager or even closed Origin entirely your CPU still acts as if the game is STILL RUNNING unless you sign out of windows and log back in which is the only way to resolve it

[​IMG]

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    They'll just extend the demo by a day or two then.

11. MADEVIL

MADEVIL Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080Ti
    It's sad that they planned this demo yet they are having a bunch of issues and this is not going to help sell the game. I was in the alpha test for the game which was limited and we didn't have nothing like this for issues, all we had were some bugs. I question how they didn't prepare for this, I just wanted to jump in and see what has changed since the alpha to even see if the game would be worth buying. On another note I gave out 2 of my codes to friends so they could try it, 1 is on a PC and the other is on a PS4 and they are both stuck in the loading screen for the mission like myself.

Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    I keep getting stuck at 95% at the loading screen when doing Expedition (Private).

13. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Looks like the game has the same crap going on as Ubisoft games, where you can only activate 5 times.

Good luck to the benchmarkers ^^

14. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Really? Thought no one implemented SecuRom anymore, that is just strange if they've done that.

But I've completed the demo - After 2 x Story missions you'll be about level 12 and then you can pick another Javelin suit. Afterwards, you can repeat the same Fort (Dungeon) repeatedly. And to be honest, its not a bad game. But based on the demo, it really is visuals over gameplay - Because it gets repetitive and kinda dull fairly quickly.
    I know they've stated there are differences between the demo and full release, but I doubt the gameplay loop of incremental upgrades and repeating the same missions is gonna be different.

In the end, I'm glad they made a demo and I tried it out. Before this there was just carefully made gameplay videos and marketing spiel - Now I've tried it and know its not something I'd want to play a lot.

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    lmao, origin still doesn't have high dpi scaling, two years ago the question was asked on their forum, you have to disable it on the exe

I was selected for the demo for some reason on checking, so i'll install and have a go I guess.

16. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 980Ti
  17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    [​IMG]

seems to be misleading though since they didnt leave the hub

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Denuvo only allows 5 activations. Deinstall on one and you get it back.

19. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    k already bored of it and the constant infinite loading bug is an ubvelievable pain in the ass i dont think risking my CPU going pop with insane heat levels is worth it and Ive already uninstalled it from my computer,,my friend has had to restart the demo three times in one sitting and ive warned him to be careful and run hwmonitor now and again to be on the safe side.

20. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    Another failure from EA. I'll get the popcorn.

I wonder when they'll give up on this open-world-massively-multiplayer-online nonsense. They're basically run it into the ground.