Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    We're adding more server capacity to the #Anthem demo right now. Hang tight while we work to get everyone into the game.

— EA Help (@EAHelp) January 25, 2019

BangTail likes this.
  2. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Fingers crossed.

Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm watching it on twitch and the scripted chatter between the characters is just as annoying as I thought :p

Lots of loading screens too and the jetpack overheats like a bitch.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    cerebus23 and BangTail like this.
  4. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Ughh, performance is awful and it seems you are forced to play with others (correct me if I'm wrong), no thanks EA, you can keep your live service.

#fuckaliveservice

[​IMG]

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I'm not liking what I'm seeing either. I saw a thread on reset that skins in their store can bought for $20 and emotes for $12! Prices aren't final but yeah, no. Back to warframe then :p

cerebus23 and BangTail like this.
  6. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @lucidus

Yah, they somehow thought that this crap was going to compete with Warframe?

I think not, the only thing EA will be selling soon is their sports games, they have absolutely no business in the PC market anymore.

There are too many other smaller players that do it way better and for far less.

lucidus likes this.
  7. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    me and a friend have been stuck on a loading screen at 90% for the last five minutes after launching a mission super unimpressed with it so far oh and both of us had to drop our settings to low just to get a good fps in the first person market he is on a quad core and im on an eight core both with 4gb vram machines

make that ten minutes now both sat looking at our phones waiting for something to happen lol

8. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Bioware should 'pull a Bungie' and get far the hell away from EA.

9. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    i doubt it would matter all that much

Bungie of old = dead
    Bioware of old = dead

Kolt and cerebus23 like this.
  10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    20 for an emote? oh EA you never fail to impress.

so for 3 emotes i could buy a base triple AAA game? lol that seems legit.

Kolt and BangTail like this.

11. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    waited fifteen minutes only for the game to do nothing at all tried to close it but origin and my pc then came to a complete crawl as it told me anthem was still running in the background had to sign out of windows to get back to normal and now we are both stuck trying to connect to servers again.

last time i had this much fun I was having surgery on my testicles

The very first Mission is currently not working as the game ends in an infinite loading screen that for some reason also stressed our CPU while loading, reaching 70 degrees of Celsius; temps higher than those we witnessed in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (and we all know how CPU hungry and un-optimized Odyssey can get).

Now when we got stuck at the infinite Expedition loading screen, we closed the game and tried to re-launch it. And, surprise surprise, the game did not work. The game got stuck in the main menu screen while trying to connect to EA’s online services, without giving us any connection network error.

We’ll talk about the game’s performance in a separate article, however you should know that this game will stress your CPU like crazy. So yeah, you’ve been warned.

https://www.dsogaming.com/articles/...tion-errors-and-loading-issues-on-expedition/

cerebus23, Kolt and BangTail like this.
  12. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Poseidon
    Ultrawide (Indoor)
    [​IMG]

constant 60fps ULTRA+SSAO during free roam . i could'nt use hbao full it is tanking performance on my 980ti

DocStrangelove likes this.
  13. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Sad ... but true :(

14. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    I got a code for the VIP Beta, but as mentioned by others, the servers are tanked by the legion of people trying to get in.

I really, really hope this isn't true.

15. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Forced to play with others? Does this mean that I can't just play with my friend(s) and that randos will be joining our CoOp adventure? That is a solid pass for me if true (someone please confirm). I've only kept some interest in the hopes of a decent CoOp game for my buddy and I without strangers ruining it for us.

EDIT: This could be just for the demo. If so, not a big deal I guess. If they are forcing you to play with randos in the full game they are kidding themselves..

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Why is it that the EA's "Live Service" is always waiting for the "Service" part.

Kolt likes this.
  17. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    so launch is a mess eh ? i see cohncarnage is waiting for a hour already lol

18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    So what I'm hearing is when you are grouped in a dungeon it's using p2p tech, and if the leader/host dc's you will get kicked from the dungeon. They'll have to change that before release.

The rest of these connection issues are standard fare for online game launches. Maybe the real launch will be smoother thanks to these paying game testers.
    And if you're one of them:
    [​IMG]

Kolt likes this.
  19. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    The hubris on these idiots is truly staggering, I don't want to play with random people and contrary to what EA thinks, not everyone is enamoured with the idea of online 'everything'.

The Division does this the right way, everything is available to be done solo or coop (no randoms are forced on you, the only exception being if you don't have a full group of friends for strikes).

Kolt likes this.
  20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    It's a pretty game I'll give them that. It's hard to tell from a stream if the textures are as high as they appear though. They do look detailed.
    My only complaint is that combat suffers from the same thing as Overwatch. Your screen can overloaded with spell effects and it can be hard to tell what's going on. I prefer a more "clean" battlefield.