Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Read an article today about the map size. Apparently someone made a guess how quickly he flew over a large lake and compared the pixels of the lake with the rest of the map. If you could fly around in a straight line through the whole map it would take just over 3mins.

Sounds smaller than GTA V to me. But then, the map maybe also vertical.

2. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

The demo is a demo, The reviewers have a copy of the full game. They are not taking their opinion form this demo, YTubers also are getting the full game.

From the lead producer

Michael Gamble - @GambleMike

I’ve seen some comments about the demo economy being different than the full game. 1. The demo is not used for reviews of the game. The full game economy is part of the review copies. It’s a demo. 2. We have been open/honest about this. 3. Demo is FREE Feb1. Nothing to lose.

If you follow the devs they have been incredibly transparent, Nothing is hidden.

And the guy in the video claiming cash grab whilst also asking for your money is hypocritical as crap.

Kolt and BangTail like this.
  3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    it is EA we had battlefield and battlefront, one of which was SO bad with loot boxes governments started getting involved gg EA/dice.

All he said was wait for reviews not to pre order and when dealing with EA/activision that is damn good advice now days.

People been burned too many times by "demos" (battlefront) where EA bait and switched the economy recently. Any wonder people would wonder if this was round 2 of that?

And yes the quartering is starting his own gaming site to combat the corrupted gaming news media. So he be a shilling.

4. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

Yah, let's take a minute to be honest with ourselves here.

Many of these 'white knight' youtubers claim that they are only in it to 'save you money' but they also expect you to pay for their livelihood.

There are several of these guys, one of whom was notoriously anti console, but as soon as he got some money from his punters, ran out and bought all three major consoles.

There are refund policies in place so that you can make your own decisions about the games you buy, you don't have to listen to these youtubers and you certainly do not owe them any kind of a living.

No matter how honest or 'in your corner' they claim to be, they are in business to make money, nothing more and nothing less.

That's not to say that there aren't some decent and honest people on youtube, there are, but unfortunately there are far too many with one agenda or another.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    If you want to know if a youtuber is going to be full of sh1t, just check the clickbait-ness of the titles and how close to 10 minutes their videos are. Quartering is usually full of it and yongyea turns a minute's skim into a 10 minute lullaby.

BangTail likes this.
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Vs the gaming media that lies spins and shills 24/7 uh huh keep it real yo.

Youtubers want to make money duh, the difference is youtubers are supported by US, not EA dice activision or owned by political companies (one company owns most of the main stream gaming media and it is a far far left company). In 15 20 years yea yong the quartering will probably be in the medias pocket as any of the other media might just be a shade more "balanced" then the current gaming media, you either die the hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain thing.

Are they most guys who read articles and forums? sure, outside the occasional "insider" info leaks and etc, but many people rather just get the cliffs notes version through yong or quartering period than goto IGN, kotaku, read reddit cancer and etc, hours upon hours each day of research to sort through all the news of the day and rumors. People rather spend the time doing more important stuff.

Gamergate exposed the gaming media for what it was political agitators why alt gaming media became a thing. But hey yea they need money to make content shocking lets attack em for it.

7. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I take no one's opinion to heart but my own. Saves me time from going to youtube or ign. Plus, I find most reviewers annoying and too soy boy esque. I'll check out the demo. I plan to try the full game with EA Access, I like looter shooters so it would be nice for this to be fun. But EA has a crap track record. That makes me cautious. The blue check marks and streamers can blow me. I'll make my own judgement if I like it or not. You guys should, too.

BangTail and cerebus23 like this.
  8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    IGN's only good for its wikis :p The last time I used those sites for gaming news was when Mass Effect was still a 360 exclusive :D I presume malice on the part of the publisher unless they've earned the goodwill. Saves me the time to keep up with sh1t. I don't even bother with the hype cycle, that way I don't get disappointed either :p

SerotoNiN and Kolt like this.
  9. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4350
    At least they call it a demo and not a beta like some other devs.
    No lootboxes and only cosmetic cash shop. Sounds ok to me.

And yes, don't ever, ever pre-order anything. Find reviewers that you trust with similar taste to yours and see what they say before dropping your cash.

cerebus23 likes this.
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I've always thought of websites like IGN as paid off by the big game publishers for good review scores, and just in general they aren't very good at reviewing video games :/

SerotoNiN and cerebus23 like this.

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, what more do you need to know about professional reviews after cuphead, resident evil 2, and dead cells. They're also useless from a consumer protection pov when it comes to microtransactions because pubs know to add them in after the launch window eg. BO4. Online games also often get reviewed in a controlled environment so issues aren't apparent, IIRC it was Sim City.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  12. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
    mhm...

13. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Just a FYI, the VIP Demo goes live today https://yourcountdown.to/anthem-vip-demo

I'm not in the demo myself as I haven't pre-ordered the game, but for those of you who enter it today. Would you be willing to share some of the performance metrics and possibly screenshots of the Options menu ;) ?

14. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Read a Austrian article on derstandard.at today and they basically said

1. It looks awesome and flying around is fun even without a mission
    2. The missions (so far) were like "go there, kill everything, return for a reward"
    3. The AI was too stupid and the player weapons/special abilities made it too easy

They were bored very quickly.

15. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    To be fair, I mean....isn't that just about every game these days?

SpajdrEX likes this.

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700XT
    Make AI smart and people will complain it's too hard.

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Just what I though.

18. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Predictably, the servers are overloaded.

19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    how did they not anticipate this would happen i mean a BRAND NEW IP oh and its from BIOWARE. EA are morons.

ive been stuck on the communicating with servers for an hour

BangTail likes this.
  20. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Dead service != Live service EA, JFYI :p