1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    What you mean to say is Destiny is like a paid version of Warframe... xD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Warframe is actually quite fun, I've never played Destiny though because it was a console game :<

DocStrangelove likes this.
  2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Grabbed Destiny 2 when it was free on PC.
    It's... well... I got very bored very fast and uninstalled and have never given it a second thought.

Passus likes this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It turns out a lot of people who even paid for it have done the same.

Passus and lucidus like this.
  4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i thought the last update was the one that saved destiny 2 and made it a decent game finally?

and destiny one sucked until the 3 or 4th major expansion.

Like really it takes 9 months or so to make your game decent and you manage this through two games, and both those games push paid expansions. And a cash shop for good measure in destiny 2 at lest i know that created a ton of hate around the game.

Why the hell did they just not keep expanding destiny one? grow the world, treat it like a living breathing old school mmo where the world changed and evolved as the game went on and different events took place. So it takes you years to do that?

isnt this how warframe got so good? it was a solid game when it came out if memory serves, but nothing super amazing but they kept expanding it working on it improving it and got to be one of the most positively talked about free to play games maybe ever. Where the game is free and has tons of content to see and explore.

but nope d2 just chucked out all the progress of d1 to suck again.

and how does bioware/ea plan to support anthem? years upon years of expansions and lore building? will it have enough content to match a destiny that has what 4 expansions out now? wow with multiple patches and expansions compared to every mmo that came out in that 10 year after wow juggernaut "its not got enuf content."

And destiny cops warframes armor looks to degree and in other areas looks a bit like destiny is is going to draw comparisons to the content in those games as they are now.

this game is so skrewd. its going to fail so hard all they need now is lootboxes.

K.S. likes this.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    The most offensive thing D2 did in my eyes was the secret XP throttling. I regret every cent I spent on that game. I didn't even bother with BO4's beta thanks to the Activision stink and it turns out they pulled a bait and switch over there too post launch lol. frack that company. Their games play you to get as much cash as possible.

Don't really get the warframe comparison w/ D2 ... there's not much shoot and loot going on over there? Gave up on the game after I maxed out my basic warframe and the only way to get a new one and continue progressing was to grind all the way to neptune or shell out for expensive platinum. Bleh.

Dunno about Anthem ... barely any one cares about this game. The D2 comparisons don't do it good either, why would any game want to be associated with that pos lol. I watched some of that gameplay posted earlier and the only thing on my mind was stfu already, nobody cares lol. They talk too damned much. I look at the game and I feel sad for ME:Andromeda. What is this boring thing they wasted time and money on instead.

K.S. likes this.
  6. K.S.

K.S. Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti SEA HAWK
    Well they got one thing from Destiny that hit me immediately, awkward voice acting & pacing. Other than that it might have less linear story-driven content in time but will it be DLC-based, pass-based... I mean... the thing that just annoyed me right off the bat was ok... uhm who did they hire to direct the vocal work and why are they talking so fast & "out of breath" (they're in suits for christ sake - hell iron man doesn't sound this strained)

7. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 970 SC
    wow.. completely different from what i expected. i didn't follow the game closely so i assumed
    its gonna be something interesting in terms of storytelling.

it looks like a mix between Andromeda\Transformens and some Paragon ideas in the combat itself,
    when not using the guns.

wasn't aware its not really a "real" story driven game.

now it looks like garbage to me. thanks for the topic.

8. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    TBH story was the only reason why I finished Destiny 2, it was the only (and rather small) sense of progression I had.

So I find it really hard to believe there wouldn't be some interesting story in Anthem considering it's being made by BioWare. Why would EA even give this project to BioWare if there wasn't supposed to be any story?

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Looks like a generic borefest. SWTOR is hundred times deeper than this... And it's an actual MMO. It's already obvious that this will flop hard. Even the combat doesn't look that fun to me.

cerebus23 and K.S. like this.
  10. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    I give it one year after release before it will be added in Humble Monthly :p

cerebus23 and K.S. like this.

11. K.S.

K.S. Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti SEA HAWK
    An ME addition would've been better - at least Hudson is back. Guy delivered 3 ME games...

12. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Oh yes, Anthem. Forgot that that was a thing. The one thing I really love about it is the fact that there is 0 hype for it. It's like nobody gives a toss. It's kinda refreshing during these years of hype culture XD.

K.S. and drandiiski like this.
  13. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Trio
    I watched a couple of minutes of that video and then figured I have better things to do.

spajdrik and drandiiski like this.
  14. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    There are rumors that Bioware will cease to exist if Anthem bombs. If i'd be working there i'd start packing my bags right now.

15. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    It does feel like Anthem could be Bioware's Battlefield: Hardline (last game Visceral made before EA shafted them, even though they were working an a Star Wars game). EA could dissolve them even with them making Dragon Age 4 (now with even more emotionally unstable elves)

16. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080 G1Gaming
    They'll join all the other developer teams on the EA graveyard. At this point i wish EA would just go bankrupt and so send a message to other greedy publishers out there.

It's not like we would really miss EA's games of today would we?

[Edit]
    Wow, the comments and the dislikes of the video already show what's going on

17. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    A lot of hate for a game that hasn't been released yet. I am not a fan of that IGN video either, but judging the entire game just by that video would be the equivalent of judging a book by its cover. I am going to wait until the critic and user reviews are out to get a good feel for it. I don't trust EA either, but I also don't want to demonize the game before it's even released. Give it a chance.

My 2 pennies.

18. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    There is a growing feeling of contempt toward both Bioware and (to a much greater extent) EA. Bioware is Bioware in name only, as all the original founders have left the company, and the studio's content has been middling the last few projects they've made. Inquisition was OK gameplay-wise, with a mediocre storyline and a laughable antagonist, Andromeda launched with a ton of bugs, featured an uninspired story with another throwaway villain and a mediocre 3rd person shooter mechanics (which were OK, but done much better by other games). Place the weird faces/animations on top of that, and you can see how people may not be that hyped for another game by this studio, especially when said game feels like an attempt to cash in another "live service" game. The less said about EA, the better (also, what more can be said, it's EA, it has no goodwill left).

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Mishmash of some other games that came before it. Meh.

If nothing i can alteast say it looks good. Frostbite does its job.

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Trio
    But what did you feel when you watched the gameplay video? After all, the meaning of these videos are to capture our emotions. Otherwise there wouldn't be any point of having them.

I know that there is a general discontent for EA materia and for good reason but my opinion was purely based on what I saw and not towards EA as a shitty publisher and greedy company.

Just to make a comparison, when I first watched The Division E3 demo, I remember that I got so hyped! Everything looked so awesome and amazing! Sure, the final game perhaps didn't deliver exactly what was showcased in the demo but it was damn near and I had a blast playing through the SP campaign and got some 50hrs out of it.

DocStrangelove likes this.