Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I don't think anyone mentioned it here, but Anthem is now part of Origin Access Basic. So we can play this terrible miscreation for 3.99 now :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
  2. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
    hmmph

3. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I mean, what's the point? The game died because it's a pretty-but-generic looking (design-wise), boring pseudo-mmo looter shooter with piss poor drops, mediocre gameplay, and a lackluster story. It should be f2p now (and even then it would be waddling behind Warframe - a game that's been f2p since forever and is actually fun to play). Let Anthem fade into the void where it belongs.

cerebus23 and K.S. like this.
  4. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well boys ( and gals of course! )... its not dead! Because Bioware is possibly going to be rebuilding and maybe even RE-LAUNCHING Anthem as Anthem 2.0. I wish them all the best in trying to resurrect this trainwreck.

Soz for the polygon article but I seem to recall they've followed the game pretty closely through its sad life cycle: https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/15/...ake-anthem-next-20-pc-ps4-xbox-one-bioware-ea

5. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I wouldn't hold my breath for this. I played beta and I've also tried it again with Origin Access and TBH it's the same crap as it was in beta. I don't believe that studio which published THIS as a final product could make anything good out of it.

6. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    So the generic-looking sci-fi will perhaps be improved into having generic gameplay, instead of tiresome and boring? Good for the few sycophants, I guess.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    You disagree that the core gameplay is fun?

8. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    Yes, very much.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I wonder how many of Destiny 2's gameplay mechanics is Anthem going to inherit... was my first thoughts after learning about the news, especially now that EA is planning on release more video games on Steam.

EA know there is untapped revenue there, if Anthem is transformed into something actually good, the players will come.

10. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Well, it wouldn't make sense to change the two things that differentiate Anthem with Destiny 2 a that's the flying and the third person view. Also I have trouble thinking that Anthem would adopt Destinys level design since they're so different (even though both are quite vertical).

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I don't mean the game being changed into an fps.. more to do with loot, if from what I understand is correct the loot system is one of the reasons for Anthems current predicament?

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Oh right. The loot system is indeed strange and one doesn't understand everything either, but I don't feel like Destinys stat system is that clear either (or I'm just stupid which is quite possible :D )

13. shadex

shadex Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 RTX Trio X
    $3.99 or $5.99?

EDIT: nvm, its $4.99.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  14. K.S.

K.S. Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC
    Consult with the coin jar by my power bars I may hurrrr urr urr.... *not

Am a lil wee tickled curious at the word of this remake or 2.0 I keep hearing of... gonna do some digging...if I hear I must re-buy the game. I'll probably have the equivalent response to a bug rolling over.