Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    So in short gents. Is it worth it now?

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea BUT no mans lie did the no word 6 months later mega update and a promise to fix the game given time.

Sea of thieves is doing much the same allegedly. We happy few. The new trend is to STFU and fix your game.

History says, that once EA or etc stops showing interest a game is dead though, but there is a SLIM chance they could be going the no mans lie route and will try to cpr the game, just not in the dna of EA at all.

As for IF its worth it? That is something you all have to decide, me no i am boycotting EA and at this point bioware who is in down slide for 3 major titles now and internally they ll though DAI should have been a disaster.

Do you think EA is axing this game or secretly cpring this game. this game that was made in 18 months because bioware fd off for 5 years.

3. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I'm gonna try this tonight. It's available in EA's monthly access service that I signed up for, so what the heck. I downloaded it so it'll be ready when I get home. Even if it's just to run through the main game, I need something new to play.

4. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    please let me know how it is for you. very tempted.

SerotoNiN likes this.

5. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Pretty basic. It's a shame the game isn't half as fun as it is beautiful, graphically. Really nice looking game. Flying around is fun, has this Iron Man feel, but the rest is VERY generic. Go to point A, kill group of monsters, find pieces, insert pieces, go to point B, kill group of monsters...

I like these shooter looters too. Destiny 2, Divison 1 & 2. Loved all 3 of those. Even Warframe is better than this. Thanks to a bandwidth cap, while it's part of my EA sub, I consider it a waste of 70GB used. I'd steer clear. I played for a few hours last night and have no interest in playing it again. Just never grabs you in. The story is generic. The game play is generic. The graphics are really nice.

cerebus23 and TaskMaster like this.
  6. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    Thanks, think I will pass :)

SerotoNiN likes this.
  7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I'd at least play the story if one could find it for $15-20.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    cerebus23 likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I bet the offer is with Larian Studios (Baldurs Gate 3)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB
    I would leave too if i was forced to implent megatransactions.

178 euros to get that new axe skin, are they fuking sick in the head at EA?

11. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    They went full whale-hunting. You never go full whale hunting.

[​IMG]

cerebus23 likes this.
  12. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    That's for poor burnt folks. You should see the other guy. (Gaben/Dota 2/Valve)

Dota 2 is the king of kings, some items cost over thousand dollars. Micro-transactions in other games are just bureaucracy vs the f2p mafia like the game I mentioned. Serious money right there.

Example Given: 1.616,60€ Genuine Axe of Phractos

13. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Ben leaving is a wrap for Anthem. I had some hopes with him at the helm, but now? RIP. EA is at peak toxicity right now. Horrible, horrible company smh

14. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I don't think anyone mentioned it here, but Anthem is now part of Origin Access Basic. So we can play this terrible miscreation for 3.99 now :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019

15. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    I mean, what's the point? The game died because it's a pretty-but-generic looking (design-wise), boring pseudo-mmo looter shooter with piss poor drops, mediocre gameplay, and a lackluster story. It should be f2p now (and even then it would be waddling behind Warframe - a game that's been f2p since forever and is actually fun to play). Let Anthem fade into the void where it belongs.

16. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Well boys ( and gals of course! )... its not dead! Because Bioware is possibly going to be rebuilding and maybe even RE-LAUNCHING Anthem as Anthem 2.0. I wish them all the best in trying to resurrect this trainwreck.

Soz for the polygon article but I seem to recall they've followed the game pretty closely through its sad life cycle: https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/15/...ake-anthem-next-20-pc-ps4-xbox-one-bioware-ea

17. haste

haste Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    I wouldn't hold my breath for this. I played beta and I've also tried it again with Origin Access and TBH it's the same crap as it was in beta. I don't believe that studio which published THIS as a final product could make anything good out of it.

18. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    So the generic-looking sci-fi will perhaps be improved into having generic gameplay, instead of tiresome and boring? Good for the few sycophants, I guess.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    You disagree that the core gameplay is fun?