1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    Undying likes this.
  2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Lol... then you might aswell just run texture quality at low at the same time, cause that's the effect that DLSS has...

Taken from your own screenshots :

Dlss off

[​IMG]

Dlss on

[​IMG]

Look at the red dude in the middle how much texture detail is missing with dlss on... look in the bagground how low quality all the textures become... horrible.

But sure, if you want your game to look super low quality, then by all means use that garbage dlss.

3. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    hmm.. you're right. It's minor but there is definitely texture loss going on. I wonder if this is the same as with Metro/Tomb Raider. I've been using DLSS for those titles but haven' t taken the time to compare those little texture details. I would rather not lose details..

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Also, blue cloth behind is much more detailed with dlss off.

Dragam1337 likes this.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    From what I've seen it's a universal issue with dlss.

6. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I will have to try it out in Metro.. which sucks because using RTX in that game gets me down to ~60fps even with DLSS.. but the RTX is really nice here so I don't want to give that up. I might just need to deal with the texture loss in that game, as it really hasn't been noticeable at all.

7. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Duel OC 8
    I mean you are tech lowering the internal resolution of the image......

8. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Imo the effective render res and texture details are the 2 single most important things for a game to look good, so personally i would lower everything else before lowering that... and as dlss effectively lowers both those things, i wouldn't ever want to use it... in regards to lighting and shadows, for me it's less about the quality of it, and more about it being there or not... so for me raytracing would be the first thing i turned off if i needed performance, as normal shadows and lighting are fine.

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    Yeah, it is being reconstructed from 1440p... but the textures look alot worse than normal upscaling from 1440p does.

10. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Prior to using DLSS I was setting the game to about 80% shader rate, and then applied super sharpness through my monitor settings. This worked out pretty well, so I might just go back to that. I understand what you mean about the lighting and shadows, but honestly I've grown to like RTX global illumination in this game a lot so I want to avoid turning that off.

11. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI FE
    Unfortunately DLSS also has a massive impact on textures in Metro Exodus!

Same goes for DLSS and HDR ... all specular highlights disappear when running the game in HDR with DLSS enabled. They fixed the over exposed picture in a patch some weeks ago, when running HDR with DLSS enabled, but they broke specular highlights! DLSS definitely need some work, but hey ... this is first gen so it is to be expected or ?!?! :)

The sad thing is that DLSS is mandatory for running games with Ray Tracing enabled, so i hope they will fix the massive performance hit for the next generation of RTX cards, since Ray Tracing really is a visual game changer imo :)

Kolt likes this.
  12. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Why are you in every thread with RTX/DLSS telling people not to use RTX/DLSS , frack off I will play as I want no matter what your agenda is.

13. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I mean to be fair he totally did bring it to my attention and I am glad he did. If I am missing out on texture detail I would like to know. There might be others who feel the same. This is a tech forums you know.. you can just ignore the suggestions but I don't think he's trying to be a jerk or anything..

Dragam1337 likes this.
  14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    rip bioware.

angry joe covered the story finally.

Yea 16 months that sounds about right, that 5 7 years stuff no way in hell that was reality EVER.

15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Gaming X SLI
    I am simply trying to make people aware of the fact that DXR and in particular DLSS is not the golden solution that nvidia would have you believe it is, as alot of people are apparently blindly buying into nvidias marketing. With Dlss there are very significant trade offs - first and foremost a significant degradation to textures and all other fine detail, but the image as a whole also just looks lower res... because that is what it is. And for the same reason i am saying that you are better off using traditional upscaling. Traditional upscaling from 1800p gives about the same performance as Dlss (which is reconstructed from 1440p) but preserves texture details etc to a much higher degree than dlss does.

But obviously you are free to use whatever you please... for all i care you can run the game at 480p, if that makes you happy.

Exactly, what kind of forum would it be, if i wasn't allowed to comment on the tech people are using...

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.

16. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Thanks for the reply.

I highly doubt that anyone would notice less detail playing any game with RTX/DLSS on when they are actually playing. I agree it is good to know if you are missing some minor detail somewhere but it really does not make a difference when playing games.

To me DLSS is just another cheat that Nvidia uses to get more FPS and I am fine with that playing at high resolutions.IF my AMD card had the same I would use there solution.

I will not go on the forums an actively try to persuade people not to use a feature or buy something because I do not agree with something.

AuerX likes this.
  17. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    This'll probably be abandonware real soon and no DLC promises or season pass content will be delivered.

cerebus23 likes this.
  18. AuerX

AuerX Member

GPU:
    PNY RTX2070 OC
    Very enjoyable game with a lot of needed fixes done and more coming hopefully.

DLSS gave me good performance with very acceptable IQ loss at 4k with a RTX2070.

Hopefully more titles adapt it in the future, it's a good option to have.

Archvile82 likes this.
  19. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Anthem playerbase on xbox1 has dropped to below 3k lower than Battlefield 1

What's interesting about this is that BF1 is now at the last spot on the list (at least in the NA region). Thanks to BF1stats, we can get an exact look at the number of players the game has.

Currently, it's sitting at about 2,400. It was around the same when I checked last night, but probably gets a bit of a swell in the afternoon like most games do.

This means that Anthem has fewer than 2,500ish concurrently Xbox.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/bs30ip/anthem_has_fallen_out_of_the_top_49_games_on_xbox/

if i had to sum up Anthem from launch to now

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2019
  20. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    The "Bob Dylan" of videogames seem to have died rather quickly (now reportedly maintained by a skeleton crew). Let it burn, along with EA and the current Bioware. Based on the Schreier report, it's a crap place to work at, anyway.