Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    RTX2070 SUPER
    It's not an actual review, but worth watching anyway. Didn't know they cut so much stuff from the game but forgot to hide it properly.

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    The game is cool, but it's not the game i expected at all. Won't buy

Darren Hodgson and SerotoNiN like this.
  3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Agreed.
    If I cared about stuff like that, my character in FO4 wouldn't still be wearing his Vault 111 suit. Or, my Shepard in ME...
    I honestly put very little into how my character looks, and what effort I do put in... is for me. Nobody else.

cerebus23 and BangTail like this.
  4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well FO4 is first person so you rarely see your character or what they are wearing wo popping into 3rd person camera.

In 3rd person games looking cool is part of the fun or just plain i do not want to look lame thing when you got to stare at your character constantly.

So in games where i got a selections of armors i will go for the armors i like the look of maybe even sacrificing some stats so i can look cool.

But in most first person games it rarely comes up. So i tend to go with stats over looks a bit more.

wearing ugly armor in a 3rd person game really bothers me, witcher 3 i had to mod the game because of all the garbage tier armor leveling up where geralt looked like a rodeo clown at times. Should just recraft your witcher armor to keep current. but soon after looted armors outpace your starter gear, and the gap goes wider each level, so you were often swapping in random pieces. i just put in the appearance mod and put the default armor skin to wolf armor and wore whatever at that point. having my professional witcher look like a hobo bothered me greatly.

Say it depends on the game.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Got it for free with GPU, not sure its worth the download.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    You can always sell the key to someone and just buy a month of Origin Basic in order to play the game for 10hrs.

7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^^^Assuming they did not pull a Nvida and lock the keys to the card, like they did with the Destiny 2 which did a hardware verification step, swines, gave me a free game with my costly GTX1080 them forced me to keep it. lol

cerebus23 likes this.
  8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
  10. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X

11. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI DUKE OC
    Just downloaded. Games runs great with the 1080ti but I have to play at 2560 x 1080. The fps is great at around 100fps no stutters. If I go up to 1440 I drop below 60 fps occasionally. To be honest, it looks great at the lower res anyway as its the res of my monitor. Cant find the scaling slider I have heard people mention in game, has the patch removed it?

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    I don't think there's ever been one. Try High settings, they seem to generally work better for some reason (and are easier on the CPU). I'm running High at 3440x1440 on a 2080Ti which works okay. I prefer HBAO instead of SSAO but it's not as smooth.

13. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Try normal HBAO instead of full gets u a free 10 fps gain.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    I didn't mention HBAO Full :) Just HBAO as it would not be nice on the FPS like you say.

15. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Gaming X
    Netherwind if u want we can coop sometimes on origin.

16. darrensimmons

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI DUKE OC
    Guys any idea which drivers are the best for this game? Just purchased a msi 2080ti DUKE :)

17. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Got the game with my 2080's purchase. Honestly, it's not that bad. Flying and combat is quite fun. Yes, it was severely downgraded in many areas, but the game's foundation is built like that of Destiny and The Division, where continuous updates will add improvements, new areas, and so on. They will have to be quick with the content delivery though, because once this game loses its momentum, it's over. Destiny 2 is a good example of that; game had potential, but the team behind it slacked way too much on delivery, and by the time they did deliver (Forsaken), they had lost majority of its player base. EA is involved here, so my hopes aren't that high, but still hoping nonetheless.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Depends what else you play :) I play some Apex and therefore I'm stuck on an older driver.
    But if you don't play Apex then I'd get the latest drivers since it's Game Ready for Anthem.

19. darrensimmons

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI DUKE OC
    Cheers I'll get the new ones :)

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheG...he_level_1_defender_rifle_is_the_best_weapon/

Probably something that will be patched but that's kinda weird.

EDIT:

And also quoting a reply to the above post.

Angantyr likes this.