Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^^^Assuming they did not pull a Nvida and lock the keys to the card, like they did with the Destiny 2 which did a hardware verification step, swines, gave me a free game with my costly GTX1080 them forced me to keep it. lol

cerebus23 likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
  4. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X

5. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    Just downloaded. Games runs great with the 1080ti but I have to play at 2560 x 1080. The fps is great at around 100fps no stutters. If I go up to 1440 I drop below 60 fps occasionally. To be honest, it looks great at the lower res anyway as its the res of my monitor. Cant find the scaling slider I have heard people mention in game, has the patch removed it?

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I don't think there's ever been one. Try High settings, they seem to generally work better for some reason (and are easier on the CPU). I'm running High at 3440x1440 on a 2080Ti which works okay. I prefer HBAO instead of SSAO but it's not as smooth.

7. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Try normal HBAO instead of full gets u a free 10 fps gain.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I didn't mention HBAO Full :) Just HBAO as it would not be nice on the FPS like you say.

9. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Netherwind if u want we can coop sometimes on origin.

10. darrensimmons

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    Guys any idea which drivers are the best for this game? Just purchased a msi 2080ti DUKE :)

11. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Got the game with my 2080's purchase. Honestly, it's not that bad. Flying and combat is quite fun. Yes, it was severely downgraded in many areas, but the game's foundation is built like that of Destiny and The Division, where continuous updates will add improvements, new areas, and so on. They will have to be quick with the content delivery though, because once this game loses its momentum, it's over. Destiny 2 is a good example of that; game had potential, but the team behind it slacked way too much on delivery, and by the time they did deliver (Forsaken), they had lost majority of its player base. EA is involved here, so my hopes aren't that high, but still hoping nonetheless.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Depends what else you play :) I play some Apex and therefore I'm stuck on an older driver.
    But if you don't play Apex then I'd get the latest drivers since it's Game Ready for Anthem.

13. darrensimmons

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    Cheers I'll get the new ones :)

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheG...he_level_1_defender_rifle_is_the_best_weapon/

Probably something that will be patched but that's kinda weird.

EDIT:

And also quoting a reply to the above post.

Angantyr likes this.
  15. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

16. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Just had a audio cut today with the game a reboot of the game fixed it for me that was strange.

17. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX 3080
    I literally beat the campaign in a long weekend and I didn't feel like I binged that much. I have had barely any desire to play since then. I think I had maybe one person on a headset speak to me once.

So what's left? Replaying the same missions at a difficulty that makes the combat boring. Most of the flexibility and fun in the combat is only possible at lower difficulties... most experimentation goes out the window once you do Grandmaster. I got a few masterwork that were fairly mundane and boring and at that point I had absolutely no reason to play. Maybe if you have a bunch of friends playing I could see it getting more interesting but not much.

6 years.... 6 years for something that was a forgettable weekend of play. They should have just scrapped this piece of crap and made a Mass Effect SP game with flight.

Angantyr likes this.
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Games as a service, now all you have to do is wait for the service part.

Kolt, lucidus and cerebus23 like this.
  19. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    That's what you get with games that ship with the knowledge that they'll complete it over 9 additional years...

20. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Started playing this game yesterday and i like it so far , graphical candy is amazing , gameplay is fun and bare in mind this is not my preferred game genre. I hope it keeps me entertain until turn10 and microsoft fix their Forza games and horrible online experience lately.