Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Intel HD630
    Got 4 invites for Anthem or Battlefield V (10hrs trial), let me know if interested :)

2. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    My wife and I would be interested in trying Anthem. Is it full version limited to 10 hours?

3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Intel HD630
    Yes, 10 hours is maximum gameplay you can have with this trial code.
    I probably have only one code left.

4. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Wouldn't mind having it if you still got one spare.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Looking like this will be last Bioware game, sad times.

6. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Undying

Yah, it annoys me that this game is not what it could have been and it annoys me even more that EA have fallen ass backwards into a resounding success with Apex (please don't misunderstand, super happy for Respawn, just not happy that this will encourage EA to cling on to it's 'live services' model, which again, has nothing to do with Respawn).

It's a damn shame that Bioware cannot cut loose from EA and sadly, I suspect you are right, I have a nasty feeling that Bioware is going to be next on the list of once great developers that EA was instrumental in destroying.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  7. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/GTX 1060
    I doubt they will close Bioware that fast, as they are in fact developing a Dragon Age series game + an unannounced Mass Effect series game.

Other than that I do like how Anthem looks, but to me, as of the way it is right now - it's a shallow grindy game with skins.

signex likes this.
  8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    no way will EA shutter Bioware in the same manner they have other studios success or failure they are much more important to them than that. Dragon Age and Mass Effect both still have plenty of life left in them yet. ive played a few hours of Anthem now and y'know all the storytelling Bioware are so renowned for is actually the one thing that is holding it back cos it just doesnt belong in this type of game every single time im made to search out a specific character to advance the story im left feeling cold and wanting to still be in my javelin flying around, dropping my ult on enemies pulling off combos with my squad exploring and uncovering mysteries while in the world, not out of it. the truth is the world aint designed for lengthy exploration plus the action is the game and to take you out of that in the way it does constantly simply kills it dead hell ive even had a lengthy cut scene suddenly jump on me right as i was flying through the air thinking I was free to explore.

at least somethin in say Destiny cut scenes and npc interaction happened at an appropriate pace and time whereas in anthem its all so schizophrenic pulling you this way and that all at once and engagements with the enemy last only a portion of what it feels like they should compared to something like D2. the amount of times my squad has been left stood around looking at each other thinking wai is that it LOADING SCREEN ive lost count already.

no i dont think Bioware are going anywhere but yes i def dont think Anthem is going to be the hit they so despratly needed it to be not by a long shot.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Yea, what's going on with the CPU? I can't remember having this problem the day before yesterday and now I'm in the city with CPU usage of 95-100% with some heavy stuttering.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/High-GPU-and-CPU-Usage-in-Anthem/td-p/7496459

Stone Gargoyle likes this.
  10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    the fact that EA just got the star wars license again after a bunch of flops, might increase the odds the bioware might survive but i doubt it would be the studio they have today a bunch would be likely gone and stuff restructured.

Since EA got the star wars license they announced the respawn star wars open world single player game was back on.

Who else has a beloved single player star wars IP that fans have wanted a sequal to for years and EA had ended bioware working on? the old republic 3 bioware was in some state of working on it, when EA shut that down. EA might be under pressure to get single player games out there under the star wars IP because the mouse had been pushing that for awhile that they did not like this multiplayer bent and what was not EA giving fans those single player games with epic stories and roles to play in the star wars universe? and they just give them the license another go and that open world star wars game gets revived in the same day? disney had something to do with that i would almost bet on it.

but that might be good news for kotor3 fans MAYBE.

11. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Sadly, it's a dollars and cents thing, I don't think that EA will 'sunset' (gotta love that John Smedley terminology) Bioware easily but if they don't produce on a consistent basis, they are going to close them down eventually.

Now, I don't think Anthem was necessarily their last game, but it is not being particularly well received, couple that with the rest of their more recent offerings and all I can tell you is that a cat only has so many lives.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    cerebus23 likes this.
  12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well rumors around bioware have been anthem was a do or die game, but i expect in a month or few when anthem is ether doing well doing badly or doing meh so noone gives a f. that we might hear of kotr3 back on and the long awaited sequel out of bioware in the works. single player focused, story focused.

If your going to have them one final go and EA wants to give them a good chance with a game people wanted for 15 years now? they could also dust off jade empire and old school fans would squeel. but kotor makes sense since bioware wanted to make it anyway.

BangTail likes this.
  13. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    am i the only one who thinks that anthem would have been far more suited for and in line with a game developed by visceral than it is bioware? the more i play the more im left thinking this would have been a fantastic single player only or two player cooperative game than it is a four man squad one. something more like visceral's very own army of two but now with space ninjas fighting side by side.

MarkyG likes this.
  14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Anyone else suddenly had way worse performance yesterday than on Friday? My GPU load has dropped significantly and CPU load increased a lot.

warlord likes this.
  15. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Intel HD630
    Still got one trial code for 10 hours of gameplay (Anthem or Battlefield V). PM me if interested.

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Intel HD630
    btw. from Reddit

Darokaz
    Community Manager (Bioware)

I've been reading through a lot of these bugs, errors, and issues and wanted to let everyone know that quite a few of these will be fixed/improved in the patch this week such as the audio issues, loading times, crashes and many more. I'll create a post for the patch notes in the coming days once they're ready to go.

I will post patch notes once they are available.

Chest Farm Route
    https://i.redd.it/6wn7vz9dk9h21.png

warlord likes this.
  17. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    The loading is ridiculous in this "seamless world" - even to access the Forge, a loading screen is needed. When you're doing story missions, certain caves need to load. More loading when you complete the mission (or when EA servers disconnect and throw you out). I'm on an SSD as well and you're talking at least 30-45 seconds load times. It takes away from the experience. This is going to be one of those games that gets a few things right but oh so much wrong, technically, anyway. Shame.

Stone Gargoyle and BangTail like this.
  18. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @MarkyG

Yah, I haven't given this game a proper going over yet but this problem was definitely present in the beta and apparently it persists in the full release.

Hopefully, they get it sorted because it is incredibly off putting in this type of game.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    can i play this OFFLINE?

20. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX AMD Vanguard

GPU:
    Intel HD630
    If going to just settings menu is enough for you, then yes :p