1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970 Mini, KD55XD800
    constant stutter, deleted the demo after a few minutes

2. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Just wondering, what was your average CPU usage? if you were monitoring it.

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Was a bit underwhelmed too. I thought the story and character would have some importance but it seems just accessory, just an excuse for 'go there kill spiders' for whatever reasons.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Really like those Digital foundry videos

6. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    can someone tell me what these mean...in the first screenshot for my Flame Burst Seal, there's Damage, Recharge and Radius...what does the recharge mean?...the number of seconds it takes to recharge?...that doesn't make sense because lower valued seals have higher recharge numbers and is considered better

in my 2nd screenshot for my consumable it says it 'increases the recharge speed of equipped gear'...does that mean it increases the recharge speed of my abilities (such as Flame, Ice, Fire etc) or are they referring to the javelin suit itself (health, shield)?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970 Mini, KD55XD800
    It was almost always 100% as well! I get that my CPU isn't top end but bloody hell.

I locked the game to 30hz mode (game was running at about 55fps) but even then it still stuttered and was 100% CPU still

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    They do excellent work.

sverek and XenthorX like this.
  9. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Yep, even last Digital foundry video guy, one of them had this CPU up to 100% usage (not permanent).
    But like me, he had it mainly inside Forge.
    What always worked for me was to change graphic preset lower then higher (current I had).

10. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 / GTX 1080
    What the hell is this game even about? It's like EA told Bioware, "Ok, take this here shotgun, stick it up the bunghole of Andromeda's corpse, pull the trigger a few times, and we'll sell what's left over to people for $60."

11. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I tried again and I just can't get into this game.

The mouse control is awful, I don't find the game itself performs very well, it feels sluggish and held back.

Granted the story might be good as Bioware are capable of decent storytelling, but we won't know that until the full game releases.

EA really needs a solid hit but I can't help feeling that this is not it.

It is going to be going up against at least one game that already offers a great deal of what Anthem offers and has had over a year head start establishing itself.

I just don't see this being particularly well received, time will tell I guess.

fluidz, Kolt and SerotoNiN like this.
  12. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I tried it again too. I agree. The controls and the shooting is sluggish. The game still feels like Evolved and Destiny 2. And I still don't know where the hell I'm going half the time.

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    kinda wierd that some say the controls feel good and others say the controls feel awful and far as i know they were talking about kb and mouse, makes me wonder if there is a bug or something for some people mouse smoothing or something being forced on for some people.

14. haste

haste Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 @ 2.1GHz
    It probably depends what they are referring to.

Controls during combat are good... they use mouse smoothing but I can live with that.
    Air controls are much worse and very sluggish, I had to adjust sensitivity to make it bearable.
    The biggest problem are underwater controls. I have no idea how anyone could even think this is ready for public. It made me think if ppl in BioWare actually play the game. Every time I played Tyrant mission, there was at least 1 person stuck underwater being unable to navigate out, just rotating and spinning around. And the absence of in-game text-chat really dosn't help in these cases.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    mezball and cerebus23 like this.
  15. angelgraves13

angelgraves13 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti FE
    EA is done...they don't make games anymore. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they stopped selling games and made their entire company into a service at this point.

BangTail and cerebus23 like this.

16. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    If you reduce sensitivity to 0 it enables raw mouse input according to patch notes from reddit.

Amaze, BangTail and cerebus23 like this.
  17. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    The ground control and combat are OK

The aerial control is f*cking awful.

Underwater is a mess.

Another thing is that even though I have turned motion blur off, it still feels like it is on and it drives me fecking bonkers.

Can't disagree with you, they are a shadow of what they once were.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    mezball likes this.
  18. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I'm definitely going to buy the game...it's just a question of when...Day 1 or wait a bit...I do want to play Metro Exodus (Feb 14) and especially Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (March 22)...so maybe I'll wait until I finish Sekiro in April...that way a few patches, optimizations and hopefully more content will be released...but I might get it on Day 1...still deciding

here's the look and loadout of my final Storm build...

[​IMG]

19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    This game is made to be played with a controller. Realised that 15min. into closed beta and never looked back.
    Everything feels much better with gamepad.

That being said, this games feel really repetitive despite the wonderful levels in some places.

BangTail likes this.
  20. spajdrik

spajdrik Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Aerial sensibility can be changed, but retail version will have more options and with more decent values.
    Motion blur is enabled all the time in the demo, that is confirmed and will be disabled for good if you choose it.

Ben Irving posted an update on February 1st concerning aiming and flight controls on the PC.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/am3lvf/pc_controls_update_aiming_and_flight/

Update concerning PC UI Updates for launch.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/am4ovn/pc_ui_updates_for_launch/

Update, this time concerning the Alliance system and Guilds.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/am7wx2/update_on_alliance_system_and_guilds/

List of known issues in the Open Demo on the EA forums.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Anthem-Open-Demo-Community-Update/m-p/7408965#M20119

BangTail likes this.