Anthem

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
  2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    that blatant self promotion tho

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    master race confirmed ;p.

4. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    So is this the .. 7th or 8th youtube channel that utilizes "PC master race".

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019

5. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Ok, after a weekend with this.

Looks "OK", reminds me, visually, too much of Evolve. For the 3 other gamers that played that one. Actually, it's hard to find anything original in this game. Environments remind me of Evolve. The gameplay and weapons upgrades remind me of Destiny meets Division.

Game ran fine for me, just wasn't blown away at the visuals like it seems many are/were. Gameplay was ok, just been there, done that. Game introduced nothing new for the genre, just tries to copy several formulas to be it's own game. I wouldn't pay $60 for this. Maybe $20. Finally, what's the point of a weekend demo? Make it time-trial based, fine, but why demand people be available at a certain time to try a game they might buy? So now consumers are demanded to create time for demonstrations?

Nothing original or worthwhile. Demo was ok to run through and saved me $65 after tax.

Kolt and BangTail like this.
  6. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I got the 'Evolve' vibe as well.

Coincidentally, I suspect this game will follow the same trajectory as Evolve did, lots of potential; totally mismanaged by greedy idiots ending in total failure.

XenthorX, cerebus23 and SerotoNiN like this.
  7. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    it would have to be a monumental failure to even come close to standing next to the likes of evolve but early rumblings are that devs and EA are going to have to pull out a magic wand to make it something far more special than what was offered in the demo. Even I kind of dug it for a short while but as someone who plays D2 on the regular the combat does not have anywear near the punch behind it that game has to make it anything more than a repeat repeat simple dull duck shoot which is something D2 stands head and shoulders above it for because bungie while failing in some regards still know how to deliver a worthy ofkyer gun play experince somethin anthem is already lacking in.

personally i cant see anthem having either a good social trend or extensive end game that will keep players coming back for more like both warframe and D2 have *(well since forsaken at least)* and with warframe ever going strength to strength and bungie now going indie anthem has its work cut out for it and then some

cerebus23 and SerotoNiN like this.
  8. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB RTX 2060 SUPER
    Will buy this, while it's not so fluid like Warframe, at least armor and weapons does not look it's been generated randomly like Warframe (especially armor, figures) shows.

9. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Stone Gargoyle

Yah, I also play quite a bit of D2 and Anthem is nowhere close.

I'm hoping that D2 will improve now that Bungie has dropped ActiBlizzard, emphasis on hoping, I'm not holding my breath.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  10. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    nice im a heavy gambit player and the game has turned around a lot since forsaken and the forge stuff was introduced which i never thought it would after a terrible two drop dlc and its proof you can turn your game around for the better by listening to what your community want but without trying to please every one ever on top. mebbe Anthem can become something more one day right now as it stands there isnt enough there to make it a day one or even month one or even two buy but down the road it could get interesting only mistakes have to be both made and actively learned from first just like D2 and bungie did before it and continue to do to this day.,

BangTail likes this.

11. Bhaal

Bhaal Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB OC
    Didn't expect it to look this bad. It looks nothing like this:

SerotoNiN likes this.
  12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Did anyone post EAs "projections" for this title.......they expect anthem to move 10 million units in a few weeks, we want to start a betting pool on how short they fall of that? and another pool of how quickly they start backing off that 10 year support cycle, something destiny also once touted and quickly scrapped.

I will start off i say they sell 4 million in the first month, and the first rumblings about support cuts will start in about 4 weeks after release.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  13. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    This crap will be $29.99 @ Gamestop in a month.

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    LOL, damn can I get some of the drugs these EA execs are on. That would put this game on GTA5 sales levels and this game is certainly no GTA5.

GTA5 (65million units over all formats over four and a bit years)

BangTail and cerebus23 like this.
  15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    I've heard a lot of good feedback regarding the game.
    Played around 6 hours this weekend and pretty much have the same feedback as i had during alpha.

It's beautiful, but story part seems extremely thin and merely an excuse to explore the world. The mission locations really feel 'multi purpose' and reinforce the feeling that the story part of the game has little importance.

The pace, flying mechanics, visual effects, music (that you don't hear much actually) are great.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  17. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Now for sure, I won't even download it. I hate degrades. Thanks for bringing that video to my attention. You saved my bandwidth.

18. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Console parity.. It is most likely done in order to maintain a consistency between the PC and console versions. I don't know this for a fact in regards to this game, but it has been proven to have been done in the past before (Google Ubisoft Console Parity for example)

Nothing better than spending thousands on your hard-earned PC gaming monster only to be held back by consoles ;)

warlord likes this.
  19. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    @Kolt

If I was to write a top five list of the stupidest things that go on in the gaming industry, 'Console parity' would most assuredly be on it.

All because some publishers don't want to anger the console kiddies, I say f*ck em, anyone can buy a PC and if you can't then you don't know what you are missing so what's the difference?

I'm sure there are plenty of people that waste their time getting super pissed that Ferrari doesn't make a sub $25K car that performs like a Monza but such is life girls and boys, get over it :rolleyes:

cerebus23, Stone Gargoyle and Kolt like this.
  20. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Well kinda i could play it through access premier, but, I have slow internet, so, when a game doesn't worth it, i lose a couple of days for each game. :D

Bad thing that downgrades, I still cannot get pass through that ubisoft games downgrades for example, I played many games broken hearted. But I was convinced that my PC was weak and the company knew better. I wasn't aware of consoles' negative influence.

@BangTail Software developing isn't as costly and complicated like car production. It is the dev to blame that never tried building 2 versions simultaneously and price them accordingly. I am sure anyone who could afford a gaming PC can give twice or thrice the worth of the console/mobile variant.

Kolt likes this.