Antec 900

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Ilya, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Ilya

Ilya Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI @ 1200/7000
    I was thinking of getting Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000
    but i noticed many have the antec 900 and its a bit smaller and takes less space.

To who who got antec 900 dose it fit 2x 8800gtx?
    hows the cables mangment ?
    overall how is it?

thx u

2. Chud Hammer

Chud Hammer Member Guru

GPU:
    His IceQ HD3870XT
    Reports are that it will easily fit 2 8800's
    As for cable management, its not the best, but its not the worst by a long shot because the psu is located at the bottom of the case, this means the 24pin mobo connector (and p4/8) need to go over or under or around the gfx cards where necessary.
    Otherwise, it’s a very well ventilated case; 3x120mm fans and a massive 200mm fan - all with 3 speed settings. You won’t probably need them on high, it does a great job all on low. Space for 3 disk drives, 6 HDD's and 2 more 120mm fans - one of these will need to be removed for an 8800 to fit. not really a problem imho.

:smoke:

3. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    It will fit 2 8800gtxs, but you won't be able to put hard drives in the 5 1/4 bays directly behind the 8800 cards. And you will likely have to remove the fan holder, or move the drive bay module with the fan holder to the top of the case.

4. Lenny_D

Lenny_D Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 320MB
    I'm in the same boat as you. I was actually thinking the armor might be a better choice since it has more room, almost the same amount of fans, and better airflow (since it's larger). I also think it looks better.

5. Ub3rn00b

Ub3rn00b New Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GT Superclocked
    Don't worry about the 900 not having enough air flow. I got my antec 900 a couple months ago and it's got crazy air flow. Especially if you use a side vent fan, which you don't really need to.

6. Pupp3tmast3r

Pupp3tmast3r Maha Guru

GPU:
    Club3D HD 7970
    Hmm... Not sure about this one. The Armor has enough space for 2 8800GTX's and enough airflow to keep them cool. I'm a big fan of Armors, got one myself so. The cooling capabilities are great!