1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antec 1200 vs Coolermaster Cosmos 1000

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by FloatingSheep, Feb 23, 2009.

1. FloatingSheep

FloatingSheep Member

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Hi guys, looking to upgrade to a new case and I'm stuck between the Coolermaster Cosmos 1000 and the Antec 1200.

I'm interesting in the Cosmos seeing as it has the acoustic foam to lower the noise and I like the looks, but the Antec 1200 also looks nice.
    Are both cases quiet, which one out performs the other?

I'd really appreciate any opinions or thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

2. YWAGMOTH

YWAGMOTH Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970 G1 Gaming
    i can only vote for antec 1200 and i tell you i´ts awsome,quiet,great arflow and good looks.

3. Templar512

Templar512 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon X2 4870 CrossFireX
    You could also look at the cooler master Cosmos S, its a sportier version of the Cosmos 1000.

4. SickBoy254698

SickBoy254698 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 780 OC
    I think it's a cheaper version but I might be biased since I have a Cosmos 1000. What I can tell you is it weighs a ton. I believe 37lbs empty if I'm not mistaken. The stock fans leave a little to be desired from a cooling standpoint. If you plan to OC anything you will most likely want to replace the intake fan at the very least. On the plus side it has an awesome air filtration system that does not interfere with airflow in any way. The inside of the case stays very clean. Plus it is very quiet. Even after replacing 2 of the fans and adding 3 more it is still very quiet. Finally it is huge inside. Sometimes I crawl in there on cold nights and sleep on top of the PSU. At least now you should have both sided of the story.

5. Templar512

Templar512 Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon X2 4870 CrossFireX
    True, I like the cooler master cases for the fact you don't need tools.

6. kRze

kRze Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 280 SSC|24" Dell
    +1 for the Cooler Master Cosmos as well. I have it and its a really nice case. Really quite and great air flow. Tons of space!

The Cosmos S is very nice as well, but so is the Antec 1200. I don't think you can go wrong with getting any of those cases though.

7. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Get the 1000 only if you really like the looks/features, the S provides better airflow and such.

But really, the twelve-hundred is far superior cooling-wise to either of them, though it is definitely a little noisy.

A much better alternative to the twelve-hundred that coolermaster offers is the stacker 830

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119122

If you care about performance at all I'd recommend getting either the 1200 or the stacker, the cosmoses are really nice-looking and have some nifty features, but really don't offer high-end performance like those two

8. Norvekh

Norvekh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Don't expect to be doing any record-setting overclocking with the Cosmos 1000. Even after doing some homebrewed modifications for better airflow, that sucker keeps the internals warm compared to many other cases. I loved my Nine Hundred but it was just way too small internally for my growing collection of hard drives. It was for some components 10C cooler compared to the Cosmos 1000. But it also was like having a Roman candle in my room at night which was another big negative for me in the long run. Sure it looks awesome all lit up, but damn, Sam those blue LEDs are just so bright. Though, those Antec Tri-Cools are pretty nice and aren't too terribly loud either.

So, if I liked my Nine Hundred so much, why didn't I get the Twelve Hundred? It didn't exist at the time, nor did the Cosmos S. So, if I were to choose a case today between the two I'd opt for the Twelve Hundred hands down. Sure the Cosmos 1000 is quieter, at default, by the time you up the fan speeds on the graphics cards and CPU to compensate for the poor heat dissipation of the case it is louder than many other cases. Plus I'd just swap out the blue fans that come with it with some nice, darker, red LED fans. I'd get the cooling and size that I crave, which are things I miss with the Cosmos as I ended up having to use up three of the 5.25" drive bays for a 120mm fan to help compensate for the rather warm environment of the case meaning I am out of room to add any drives unless I opt for small laptop-sized jobs.

9. FloatingSheep

FloatingSheep Member

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    Picked up the Antec 1200 seeing as my system is in a room with a lot of electricals that give off a lot of heat (and I mean a lot, amplifiers, mixers, PA Systems etc) and I'll probably pick up some green or red fans.
    Thanks a bunch guys!

10. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    good choice!!!

11. nehir

nehir Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga Geforce GTX 295
    I've Cooler Master Centurion 590 and I love it so much :)