1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Ryzen Memory Question

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Srsbsns, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
    Im getting a X470 Taichi and a 2700X. Right now the memory QVL list is a work in progress. I've been watching videos showing how low timings can often make up for the difference of high speed memory. I'm a little stuck and would appreciate any input.

I'm comparing 3200Mhz CAS 14 vs 3600Mhz CAS 16. Which outperforms?

I've also been thinking about the age old CAS vs Mhz and Im wondering if there is diminishing returns. Does lower CAS latency continue to scale on Ryzen or is there a point where increasing the Mhz wins out regardless? Somebody said it depends on the workload. What are some examples where one beats the other? I am most interested in gaming.

Further reading here: https://community.amd.com/community...emory-oc-showdown-frequency-vs-memory-timings

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti @ H2O
  3. Srsbsns

Srsbsns Member Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 Liquid
    I appreciate it. I actually found Cas 14 dual rank that GSKILL says will work with my board. Even more performance.

chispy likes this.