1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Review/Benchmarks Leaks

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    A new set benchmarks have leaked onto the web, the Ryzen 5 3600 processor involves the cheapest 199 USD based Ryzen 5 3600. This is the slowest and most affordable SKU that AMD will release with six ...

Another AMD Ryzen 5 3600 Review/Benchmarks Leaks

Ricardo, blurp33, Embra and 1 other person like this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Update already Hilbert, theres a post from the same site with x570 results.

looks like the benches have been done with the ram at 2667, going by the memory latency.

Embra and cryohellinc like this.
  3. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    I think this is very impressive. Intel is in trouble.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -NDA +AW@240Hz
    I have to repeat myself :)
    While we may fight over AMD's chips as production may not be sufficient to satisfy market, intel is one to laugh as AMD's production will make only small dent to their sales.

5. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Regardless of Intel's scale, this will hurt them. As far as I know, Intel's "answer" will come only around Q4 this year, resulting in several months of free reign for AMD.

From a consumer standpoint, I can only hope for sufficient supply.

6. Glottiz

Glottiz Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080Ti
    How convenient that similarly priced 9600K is omitted from this "leak". I guess when they show that Ryzen 3600 is very close to 9900K makes them look good. But if they show that 3600 is trailing behind 9600K that wouldn't look so good. Just let me remind you that 9600K has almost identical gaming performance to 9900K.

7. Vananovion

Vananovion Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX Vega 56
    "This is the slowest and most affordable SKU that AMD will release with six cores and twelve threads."

What a time to be alive :cool:.

Ricardo and Undying like this.
  8. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    Haha, placing demands on the leaker's (or faker's) presentation of hardware? You are quite a padawan.

9. Glottiz

Glottiz Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 1080Ti
    Demands? I'm just pointing out a big flaw in this "leak". But I guess you have no counter argument as you resorted to calling me silly names.

10. oxidized

oxidized Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Are you talking about x470 or x570 tests? Because x470 was tested with a 3200MHz G.Skill FlareX kit.

11. Exodite

Exodite Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    I'm sure that when we get actual reviews from all the reputable actors we'll get comparisons with the 9600K as well.

That said I'm not convinced it matters, as no one actually uses those. And by "no one" I mean that the i5 line haven't made much sense to buy into since AMD released first generation Ryzen, in addition to suffering from generally low availability.
    The 9900K makes sense the same way the 2080 Ti does, it's the fastest you can get for gaming - money being no object. But once you're constrained on something, be it money, refresh rates, doing productivity work as well as gaming or whatever else, I wouldn't recommend an i5.

I'm by no means trying to defend some leaked review from a site I never read here, just not sure how the lack of a 9600K comparison in particular matters much. Not that I'd mind seeing one. *shrug*

As for gaming performance I can't agree with that. Sure you'll get close to a 9900K depending on the game and settings but that could be said of most modern 6+ thread processors. The 9900K is definitely a tier above the 9600K though, all the reviews I've looked at show as much.

12. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 390
    What counter argument? There's none needed. There have been leaks (or fake leaks) like this for great many years, and they typically have a totally random selection of hardware for comparison, if indeed they have anything at all. I only called you inexperienced because you said a certain model you deemed as the most relevant for comparison had been left out supposedly on purpose.

13. d2v

d2v New Member

GPU:
    hd7790
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    neither have been tested with the ram running at 3200mh.

15. oxidized

oxidized Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    They state that at the beginning of the review.

[​IMG]

Also, glad to see it performs a little bit better on almost everything with x570

16. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    who carse about the south bridge? It has nothing to do with the CPU or the MC... Those differences just OS and PCB noise.

Fox2232 likes this.
  17. oxidized

oxidized Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    ??????

18. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    If the motherboard PCB and the BIOS are good enough, running a zen2 on a first, second or third generation ryzen MB should not make any difference. All minima performance differences should be simply noise. The PCH/FCH/south-bridge is not related to the CPU and RAM performance. The motherboards manufactures could sell board even without those chipsets, especially for small form factors products, since Zen2 I/O has enough bandwidth to handle the typical gamer/enthusiast I/O devices... Yes, all those mini-itx with the x570 are just gimmick, an excuse to rise the price (and I would say also the same for a micro-ATX and most common non-expensive full-ATX MBs...). Of course if you want a full ATX or an e-ATX MB really full of high demanding bandwidth I/Os (like 4 nvm-e, 4-to-8 s-ata, other PCI-e ports and other USB 3.x ports, and maybe a couple of 2.5 ethernet controllers), the x570 is an excellent piece of silicon...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
  19. oxidized

oxidized Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    Well these tests show more than just noise, well let's wait for more tests so we can either confirm or discard this fact, besides PCH will make a difference in one way or another, and for now it's looking like so. I have no idea when NDA actually lifts, and when other tests will be available, at that point we should be able to see if it's just noise as you say.

20. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 270X DC2 TOP
    And it's the cheapest Zen2... pretty impressive. And the X570 change only minimally impacts performance (that's normal ofc). I will be curious to see Zen 2 reviews with different memories, as that will be compatible with highly OCd memory modules. A B450 (or X470) with a Ryzen 3600 or 3700X with OC will be a no-brainer.

Performance-wise, there is only marginal difference, which may have come from randomness.

Ricardo likes this.