"Anonymous" vs Scientology

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by The Kyle, Jan 25, 2008.

1. SERUM

SERUM Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti
  2. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Hey, it was a big deal back then! Oh well, the game was worth the wait anyway.

So did they ever give a decent reason for doing that? or was it for ****s and giggles?

3. Ghz

Ghz Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800ultra 256mb
    all your churches are belong to us.

we are Anonymous,
    we are legion,
    we do not forgive,
    we do not forget.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  4. dB

dB Ancient Guru

GPU:
    88GTS 512M@830/2050/2.2g
    Hahaha. Epic LULZ.

5. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Scientology si extremely troubling to me from a free speech prospective.
    If I make a joke about Catholics, at most they might send out a spokesperson to speak out against me.
    If I make a joke about Scientology, they send a lawyer, slander/libel me, and try to have me arrested/committed (See Fairgame, operation freakout, the "tom cruise missile" incident, etc).
    Scientology tries to sue people for quoting court cases (pure public domain). As a law student this is disturbing as hell.
    Scientology perpetrated the greatest infiltration of the US government in history (over 5,000 people.). operation Snow White. EL Ron's wife and other high ranking scios was sent to jail for this and he went into hiding to avoid jail.
    Scientology claims to be a tax exempt religion and then pays their recuiters on commision and claims they have trade secrets.
    Sea Org (Yes, scietology has a private navy) treats thier recuits like scum, makes them sign billion year contracts and pays them $50 per week. You want to leave? They stick you with a "freeloader's debt" of tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars and then are isolated form their freidns and family.
    Want to leave scientology? Expect to never speak to you spouse, kids, other scinetologist family members, and friends again. Not ebcause they dont' want to talk to you, but they'll be kicked out if they talk to you.

I don't care about their beliefs. I have no beef with the "free zone" which practices l. ron's tech without the massive criminal activity. The protest is against the "church" of scientology, not the members.

6. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    Any sort of beneficial ideal they once had has clearly since been quagmired in a mess of corruption and madness.

Its not an official religion in the UK luckily (there is no proof of worship)

Society in general seems to see it as a complete joke, not to mention the media.

edit: this seems very Big Brother, but no doubt they have people trawling the internet for threads like this haha.

7. Chouji

Chouji Ancient Guru

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    Maybe they should convert to the Cult of Chouji, the rules are simple.
    Treat your body well.
    Treat your friends and family well.
    Don't commit horrible crimes.
    Work hard, make money, then enjoy it.
    Mind your own business, and keep the Cult of Chouji to yourself. No recuiting.

And last but not least. Performing bunny ears in pictures, you must have your fingers visible to the camera, semi-bunny ears are unacceptable and you will be punished by having your sorry attempt photoshoped out of the picture, and bunny ears will be photoshoped onto you, even if no one is behind you.

8. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Wow. I might convert. That sure kicks the hell out of anything else on offer.

9. Chouji

Chouji Ancient Guru

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    ya no kidding, and its non profit, and non prophet.
    Who do you believe in? the awesome being that can only be seen in a mirror.
    Who do you worship? yourself, your family and your friends.
    How much of your paycheck do i want? nadda, i got my own money, which i work hard for.
    What is there to gain? um, freedom, and if i ever see you on the street and you have an injury, i will treat it personally, free of charge, giving it can be fixed with the first aid kit i have in my car, which is actually pretty good, i even have a defib kit which connects to my car battery, how awesome is that. only cost me 30$ too!
    Got stuff for a number of allergic reaction emergencies, and can even take care of a heart attack including acute pulmonary edema ^_^ (fluid in the lungs or swelling)
    I dont have a big screen TV, but i sure love to brag about my first aid kit.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2008
  10. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    I wish I could find that fake Wikipedia site about L. Ron Hubbard again, it was too hilarious.

As long as someone kicks Scientology it is good, I don't mind if it are some other freaks or just basement kiddies.

11. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Your speakings interest me and I would like to sign up for your newsletter :)

12. Logic Zero

Logic Zero Maha Guru

GPU:
    5870 1GB @ 1000/1300
    Wow, does anyone else want to drop kick tommy whatshisname (spokesman of scientology) right in his nerdy little face? If i was john sweeny I would have broken his nose a loooooooooooong while back.

13. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    That's awesome. Quite humorous I might say.

14. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    Look up just about anything on this site. Or don't, because the only thing it doesn't bash it Portal. Built as flamebait btw.

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/L._Ron_Hubbard