"Anonymous" vs Scientology

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by The Kyle, Jan 25, 2008.

1. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    This image was originally posted a small time before the DoS (denial of service) attacks on all the Scientology site servers earlier today at 6pm EST.

[​IMG]

It seems the group has accomplished what they set out to do, as most if not all of the official (Scientology) sites are down or almost unusable. From what I can see, they used a type of viral marketing to get people like you and I to download a series of programs stored on various free file storing websites. The programs are basically just multiplying the requests for the page by 10-20x (or whatever the users computer can handle). New plan of attack and status update sites are popping up everywhere, but the older ones are being taken down just as quickly, yet from what I can see, people are still spamming the servers and various irc channels are still relaying new info to willing helpers.

I’m just in awe that they were able to accomplish such a feat with such precise timing. From what I’ve heard, they’ve pulled a few pranks in the past, but nothing at this level. Even the phone lines are said to be completely jammed with pranksters calling in with Tom Cruise soundboards. You have to appreciate that kind of humor.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  2. DrSiN

DrSiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC 1G
    Black fax's are also going through as well.

There are 100's of links giving you details of the targets etc. won't post them here as no doubt the asshats at Cult of Scientology INC would breathe down on hillbert.

Just look up digg.com you will get to see what's going on.

3. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    Intense ^^

4. Pyro the Dragun

Pyro the Dragun Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GT 555M
    Awesome!

I hope this somehow costs them lots of money, which I'm sure they have plenty of seeing as how that is all that "religion" is based off of.

5. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Crap, now how am I going to become an Operating Thetan?! :(

Go them!

6. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    This Scientology malarkey makes me laugh they have no credible theories, but then again which religions or groups actually do?

They are entitled to their views I suppose, but criminal behaviour to 'spam' them out of existence, will not make them go away either! Funny though! :banana:

7. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    This is really getting interesting.Is anyone else following it?
    I don't think the intention is to spam them out of existence.Anon is upset by the censorship, the litigation, and the information the c.o.s. is hiding from the members by 'strong arming ' the opposing point of view off the internet.
    If I understand this correctly, the goal is to make information from outside sources more accessible to c.o.s. members.

We do not forgive
    We do not forget
    We are anonymous

:banana:

8. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    awesome
    we were just talking about network security in my class :p
    denial of service is awesome XD

9. Jordus

Jordus Maha Guru

GPU:
    Radeon X800 PRO / Stock
    lmfao.

thats what those idiots deserve.

Pissing off the internet geek community can cause some very expensive backlash.

There is a company in Israel that develops AV/antimalware programs and they claim they are the victim of DDoS attacks every few hours. :heh:

10. SERUM

SERUM Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti
    sorry im new to this... what the hell is Scientology?

Sorry, im not sure what's going on... can someone clear me up and get me on the right path on what is going on please! :)

thanks

11. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    It's a religion based on a what a dead science fiction writer wrote. If you read that sentence and still think it's worth joining, then you can join the ranks of such morons as Tom Cruise.

More info here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

12. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
  13. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB \ GT1030
    It's one of the new age religions/cults, founded by L. Ron Hubbard in 1952 after finishing some sci-fi books (Dianetics was finished in 1950 and it became the "Bible" of The Church of Scientology) and he declared it a religion in 1953.

Scientology is a popular belief with celebrities, especially in Hollywood. Famous Scientology members are John Travolta and Tom Cruise (he declared himself the "Jesus" of Scientology. What an ass!).

The best part is what the followers believe, which i will try to explain now (not in full detail, because i don't know everything).

- Scientology members believe that we humans were planted on Earth by an alien overlord called Xenu.
    - Xenu was a powerfull emperor in a galaxy far, far away.
    - He had enslaved a race on a somewhat deserted planet.
    - Those creatures were the first humans.

Now the BEST part!

- To mind control the enslaved humans, Xenu planted all humans into large cinema's with those awful RED/GREEN 3D glasses. (I really don't joke here. It's really what they believe!!!)

Zombie Nation!! :3eyes:
    [​IMG]

- After the brainwashing, Xenu dropped the humans on the 3rd piece of rockyness in the Sol system (obviously Earth).

The followers also believe that Xenu will return someday (messiah?) for us. For what purpose? No one knows.

I do know that Tom *needs* Bruise *needs some beating* has build a hi tech bunker for $10 million in his backyard (Homer Simpson anyone with his Withstandinator? :) ) because he's sure that Xenu will come for us very soon. :bang:

So that's Scientology in a nutshell. Messed up huh?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  14. SERUM

SERUM Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti
    thanks for the replys i understand now, and have watched alot of videos over youtube, i liked the BBC one aswell, how they harrass people is astonishing, damn... im suprised one of their loony members hasn't got the Sh*t kicked out of him... :)

It is very messed up :| indeed.

Damn... im for Anonymous! lol

15. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Very messed up. Fiction is hillarious, sometimes.

16. fischju

fischju Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek Radeon HD 4850
    Well, the OMG FLIERS video from /b/ (the guys in Epic Fail masks) was crap. But this might be good.

17. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB \ GT1030
    My message for the Scientology losers:

[​IMG]

The Church of Scientology also tried to silence the US and Canadian government in the 70's with a project called Operation Snow White.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  18. SERUM

SERUM Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti
  19. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 8GB \ GT1030
    Here's the experience of an ex-member of the cult who was there since the age of six.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=57816&postcount=1

I will also quote it here for the "clicky-lazy" peeps. ;)

20. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    not that i disagree, as i think the same thing about it. however if you think about it, pretty much all new religions throughout history had alot of people refer to them as morons too.

i'm sure the ancient romans had more names than morons to call people like jesus lol, ...am i right?
    now today look at how most people think of jesus...not as a moron mind you. it appears to be the same with all new religions, so i'm seeing a giant circle jerk here, likely in a couple hundred years, few will call scientology stupid....i hope it doesnt go down like that cause it really is retarded but you all get my point cause none of us probably should refer to any religion as such cause its impossible to say who's really right or wrong there.