1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying GT555M Performance Problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by tnrsr, Aug 7, 2012.

1. tnrsr

tnrsr New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GT555M
    Hi all,

I have an ASUS N55SF laptop with Nvidia GT555M graphic card on it. But it seems i can not get actual gaming performance as it should be.
    Here is my 3DMark 11 results;
    http://3dmark.com/3dm11/4033461

Already set the preferred graphic card to Nvidia GT555M from Nvidia control panel.
    Already set the power option to High performance.

Do you have any suggestions to solve this?

Thanks.

2. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    Well, the page you linked is claiming you have a 635. Are you sure you've given the right model for the laptop? The ASUS spec sheet says it should have a 555, but perhaps you were misled? Maybe it's not the correct model?

3. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    That's why I recently sold my Alieware MX14 laptop. The performance from the GT555 varied and caused stutter in most games.

Gaming performance wasn't anywhere near as good as I thought it would be despite the gpu's vcore being increased and heavily overclocked.

Infact, playing F.E.A.R from 2005 fully maxed did NOT give me a steady frame rate of 60fps.

It would ocassionally dip in the 50's. This is poor since were talking about a game from 8 years ago...

COD Black ops which also has average graphics struggles with the GT555.

Left 4 Dead & Left 4 Dead 2 would also stutter.

The only games it would play smoothly were Counter-Strike Source & Half-Life 2.

That said, the NEW alienware that comes with the latest GT650M is far better than the GT555. Performance is 30-70% better depending on the game.

Sorry I couldn't help you. Since I not long ago had the GT555 in my laptop I thought I'd share my experience and I felt it underperformed, just as you had.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  4. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    deleted, sorry

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012

5. tnrsr

tnrsr New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GT555M
    Thanks for your answer. But how do you figured out that your gt555m was underperforming? Did you just feel it or you proved it with some numbers or figures?

It's not something like a broken keyboard or speaker. I need an acceptable reason to tell to the asus support.

6. tnrsr

tnrsr New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GT555M
    Yes i gave the right model and you're right, ASUS spec sheet says it has a 555 and windows device manager also says it has a 555.

But interestingly, 3dmark score page says that it has 635. I truly dont get it.

7. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Sure it was underperforming, by using a program called FRAPS, it clearly displays frame rates when gaming.

Even before I used FRAPS I noticed micro stutter & poor performance.

Using FRAPS will give you numbers/figures...

Surely this is good enough information to give to Asus support?

Ps. I don't think they will solve this issue. Unfortunately the GT555 is a mid range card at best. The other issue with the GT555 is that it has only a 128-bit bus which becomes an issue and causes lag/micro stuttering...

If possible, return the laptop & get one with the newer GT650M.