Anno 1404 and 4870X2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Sneakers, Jul 31, 2009.

1. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I haven't tried Win 7 yet, how are you finding performance in that generally? I was thinking I'd install it and give it a go when I get my new SSD (whenever Intel decides to continue shipping their Generation 2 units...). I'm a bit reluctant since Vista has been absolutely fabulous for me both performance and stability wise. I read some games just don't work in Win 7 yet.

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Anno 1404 is the game that stress my GPU the most temp wise. Even more than Warhead.

3. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Overall I do notice it being more responsive at a desktop level. As for gaming wise performance it's pretty much on par with Vista, I do notice some performance improvements in games like Farcry 2 where my minimal framerate shot up about 15fps which I thought was strange but very awesome. Having a minimal framerate of 58FPS is pretty kick ass!

I've yet to try Anno.. on my todo list.

4. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    All my games run better on win7 then on vista x64.

I never had any uber issues with vista either, some annoying things, nothing out of the ordinadry. But my fps in all games gained from win7, I use win7 on a pure gaming basis - it simply runs everything much much better. And I would guess the thread optimizations they claim to have done with win7 is what makes the diffrence.

Games like WiC gained 5-6 fps over vista, farcry2 gained 10-12 fps.

Havn't tried crysis or fallout3 on win7 so can't comment on those.

Imo no reason to clinge to vista its crap compared to win7 =) DL the 7600 RTM with crack and you will never look back.