Anime Thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by signex, May 8, 2016.

1. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Castlevania season 3 is out on Netflix as of now

Also been watching akame GA kill on Netflix which is pretty good so far

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Akame is a very shallow show with shock value violence and no real soul.It's a mindles watch with okay to poor at times animation.

Just watched the new Boku no Hero movie in the theater last night and holy crap BONES is such a great studio. It was a typical Shonen anime movie in the sense that it is a complete zero sum gain in the story as it is not cannon, but damn that final fight with the "wat if" scenario they played out was a feast for the eyes.

3. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Watched Mob Psycho 100 II. Enjoyed it. I read that One Punch Man season 2 is not that good. Do you recommend watching it?

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Forgot about OPM season 2! Was waiting for the eng dub to finish and that was months ago.

5. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Okay so I finally started JoJo’s bizarre adventure. Let me start by saying this is NOT a good anime in the traditional sense. It’s exposition heavy and I’m not a fan of the Fist of the North Star art style. It’s an ass pull story most of the time and poorly written at the best of times. However it’s supremely entertaining in the vein of pro wrestling. As in you know it’s bad/fake/bull$hit but you can’t look away and don’t realize how many episodes you have watched until Netflix asks if you are still watching.

6. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Pandora Hearts was surprisingly good and I locked onto Xerxes. Also received my Ten Count (manga) from Amazon. It was a hassle to get all the volumes.

7. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Lupin III: The First. Well made CGI movie. The 'micro black hole' destruction was actually pretty impressive.

8. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Just found out that Kentaro Miura died. RIP. Died young as well just like Satoshi Kon. :(

9. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Quite enjoying Jujutsu Kaisen.