Anime Thread

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by signex, May 8, 2016.

1. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    I gotta say tho. Watching GoT (tad off topic) with Finnish subs after watching all previous season with English subs is painful. Jon Nietos just sounds wrong and Talvivaara omg what is happening.

Still I am also glad that we have subs and that it is so ingrained to use that it does not bother at all.

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Some anime is pretty good as a dub. :D Earlier Funimation versions of DBZ were eh...Not so good(but quickly evolved overtime), anything 4kidz obviously is awful. XD Full Metal Alchemist was done wonderfully by Funimation.

But then there are others where dubbing is just bad, or they sound like robots...Like Bleach.

Inuyasha had a good dub. :D

3. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    YuYu Hakusho has a pretty good dub.

Speaking of Gundam, I enjoyed Orphans but I must admit, I have a bit of a guilty pleasure when it comes to the Build Fighters series. I'm really hoping that we see a third series, I'll be shocked if we don't.

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Yu Yu Hakusho had decent dub yes. I saw few episodes in English. :D

Build Fighters is awesome! It has rather good story and characters imo and fun mecha action where no one actually dies! Iirc it was a huge success in Japan so we should be getting more.

@vbetts

I can believe some is really good :p For me it means tho that I need to find it. Since my main source would be magic world of internet or crunchyroll or actually netflix regarding seven deadly sins!

5. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Game of Thrones (täytyy tunnustaa ettei se pahemmin muka kiinnosta - liikaa seksiä ja väkivaltaa)? I assume that they translated things pretty much all the way in books like in the Lord of the Rings. I.e. Shire -> Kontu, Gollum -> Klonkku. That would explain why they would translate names and other stuff in GoT subs. When you translate a fantasy book translators often do through job and it makes sense for books. But in subtitles that can be confusing when they use book as reference because it can mean that not everything matches.

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    I prefer original dubbing with English in like 99.9% of cases as dub often loses intonation and voice color which in original is more appropriate to situation characters are facing.

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    GoT aika paljon seksiä ja väkivaltaa joo. Imo aika loisto sarja yleisesti ottaen.

But yeah it must be because of the translated books.

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I tend to prefer somewhat softer stuff in general (it most definitely do not have to be action all the time) and to me great animation (for example) is a combination of thing. Story, visuals & animation, acting and music all are important.

If I'd have to pick my favourite show from Crunchyroll (out of shows that I've watched there) I'd pick Nagi no Asukara. The OST is great (heck, I had to buy both CDs) and it's visually beautiful (P.A. Works rarely disappoints).

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    GTO would be my favorite there. Hajime no Ippo another. Mushishi another. There are quite a few other good series there, seen almost all of them :D

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Lisää jonoon...

I wonder... What's your favourite spring 2016 simulcasts @ Crunchyroll?

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Joker Game, Jojo, Ushio to tora, sakamoto desu ga (hilarious) or Re:Zero. Other then those I am just watchin Kiznaiver and bungou no stray dog both which seem decent, mobile suit gundam unicorn and then luluco.

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Though so... Sakamoto desu ga is indeed pretty hilarious that being said I think Tanaka-kun wa itsuma kedaruge is even funnier. Flying witch is really relaxing to watch so I watch that too. Kinda reminds me of Non non biyori (which IMO is rather nice - and funny), feeling wise.

There are few shows (Re:Zero for example) that I plan to watch after they are finished airing. I hate waiting next episode... Then there's Big Order which I guess is amusing enough to watch when there's nothing else to do.

Last edited: May 23, 2016
  13. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Re:Zero = binge watch, that one is annoying with it's cliffhangers.

Non Non Biyori is awesome cute and funny. Flying Witch I've been thinking about watching.

Tanaka-kun seems interesting might watch that.

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    By the way... I just realised that it's actually pretty easy to fool Crunchyroll, no need for VPN. Honestly region restrictions are so damn annoying (especially when the good stuff tends to get restricted).

[​IMG]

15. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    So i want to start watching Psycho Pass again, watched one or two episodes i think.

Theres also a movie, do i need to watch the show first?

EDIT: The Lost Village seems interesting also!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Sh*t just got real on Dragon Ball Super!!!! so excited for next weeks episode!

Btw Anji: demi-human is also amazing, it's actually on netflix aka netflix original.

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I must say one thing... Big Order = roskaa. It's not even worth it to watch even when there's nothing else to do.

18. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Kind of seems like it's going a DBGT route with Bebi. Possessed! Just done better lol. In any case, can't wait to see what comes next!

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Not sure that is even Goku though as he is dead in that Trunk's timeline.

20. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It does look and sound like him though, but we will find out soon enough! :D