Android SK4g...can someone tell me why this phone is sooo buggy?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by sublime20, Jan 14, 2012.

1. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    i have heard the sidekick 4g tmo phone is suffering from a memory leak (something to do with its rediculously bloated interface) and all the stupid Tmo and samsung apps that are factory loaded.... NOT TO MENTION ITS STILL RUNNING ****IN FROYO.... i do not understand why this phone is not being updated .... it is a real nice phone, just wish it wouldnt crash, or hard restart by iteslf....

im not the only one either...

i found that sometimes if i use adw launcher ex it seems to run fine for a while but i want a good update...i guess thats just too much to ask for from samsung or google i guess.....

2. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080/intel4400
    Have you tried going to www.xda-developers.com and see if they have any solution to the problems you have.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    How many different companies is T-Mobile going to have make a phone named "Sidekick"????

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    dont expect any "offficial" updates for that phone. the hardware really in it isnt that great. your better off going to xda and see if you can root it and then flash to a different rom.

5. ncmacasl

ncmacasl New Member

GPU:
    other
    I have the same device. the hardware (especially the keyboard) is top of the line, but Samsung has a habit of filling their phones with bloatware that not only clogs up the phone storage but also continually runs in the background (RAM) slowing down other software.

The best solution short of Rooting and ROMming the phone is installing this software -- Easy Task Killer Advanced (formerly called Mobo Task Killer): https://market.android.com/search?q=mobo+task+killer

Set it for 70% every 30 minutes. This has helped tremendously in making my phone run more smoothly.

4, so far: According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danger_Hiptop -- Flextronics which made the B&W Sidekick & Color Sidekick; Motorola made the Sidekick Slide models; Sharp made most of the other Danger OS Models, and Samsung has made the 1st Android OS model.

Actually Samsung has released 2 Over-The-Air maintenance updates to the software, supposedly to fix some of the bugginess (but I have only seen minor improvements)

I have listed this solution there as well, if you want even more help, there is instructions there on Rooting & Romming (& overclocking) the phone which will help the phone run even smoother, but is something that requires time and care to avoid messing up the phone permanently.

XDA's Sidekick 4G Section can be found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1125

6. sublime20

sublime20 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 560 Ti
    ok i tried looking at XDA... i will probably have to resort in getting a different rom..... but instead of getting a user made rom, is it just possible to have a vanilla version of android gingerbread or icecream??? just a strait up version of android would be awesome (preferrably gingerbread)

i wish they would make android's OS an actuall OS that can be installed on any device that is android enabled- kind of like how windows can be installed on a computer with any type of hardare as long as it has the right amount of memory and cpu power and graphics power..... most phones can handle running XP these days.. most phones have about a 1 to 2 ghz processor and enough internal memory to do so...roughly the same as what computers running xp had back in the late 1990's and into the earlier part of 2000.