Android alarm clock will not go off

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by BigBlockTowncar, Aug 11, 2017.

1. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I don't know what is going on, but the alarm clock stopped working. There was a clock app update probably two weeks ago and the alarm has not worked since then. Before, the stock Android clock screen was blue and had red buttons to determine if the alarm was on or off....they then changed to a black background with blue buttons.

I have a M-F alarm and then another separate alarm for Thursday only. The settings have not changed. I woke up this morning and looked over at the phone.....the alarm icon notification in the system tray is not there. It just seems to disappear. When I tap the clock app on my home screen, the alarms both show up as "on".....but the notification is still not there. As soon as I turn one of the alarms off, the notification appears and then I turn the alarm back on.

I uninstalled the "update" but I want it to work regardless.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Tried clearing the data and cache of the alarm app?

It'll reset it back to defaults and clear any alarms you have set

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7970m/970 Mini, KD55XD800
    Try a different alarm clock perhaps, an alternative if you have a regular pattern is to use google calender with your patterns and set reminders

I'm about to go from a set weekly pattern to a 5 week rota, with 2 random late nights, so I need to hunt around for a new alarm I think, using the default samsung one at the moment

4. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970/Qnix 1440p
    ^ I'd try that, also wondering if maybe your phone is going into some aggressive doze state where it doesn't wake up for the alarm. I know in the early days of doze my alarms would go off like 10-30 mins late which is why I'm still paranoid about using my phone as an alarm to this day.