Android 4.0.4

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by deltatux, Mar 31, 2012.

1. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3070Ti
    [​IMG]

here is mine (tablet)

2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm still waiting on ASUS to release the 4.0.4 update for the TF101.

3. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB Vision 3080 10GB
    [​IMG]

Still on a leaked 4.0.3 version of ICS for my phone, waiting for official one from ATT lol but I just modded it and put 360 launcher. Like it so far.

4. LifeInferno

LifeInferno Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Quad CF
    or you can go to xda developers and install the proper modded rom of your choice that gives more candy and perfomance i have the galaxy nexus and i use the Android Open Kang Project (AOPK) milestone 5 with FuguMod Kernel and runs simply awsome

5. blitze

blitze Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 4870 1GB PCS+
    Waiting patiently for my Galaxy Note to arrive and reading about the CM9 nightlies and issues as they go from build to build. My N900 died but now I get an open and developed platform with a decent screen for email and browsing which is what I do most on my phone.

Can't wait but I think my delivery is going to correspond with the CM9 builds for the Note being stable and functional.

MS and Apple can bite me and Meego, oh Nokia - you so dropped the ball it isn't funny.

6. 91LudeSiT

91LudeSiT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4GD5T@1435/1750
    I've been using Gummy on my LTE Nexus for some time now, and I have to say its probably the best ICS rom I've used. I am also using imoseyons lean kernel which is super speedy, and great on the battery.

7. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    On Monday night I decided to unlock my phone's bootloader and flash a custom ROM, after dozens of flashes of different ROMs, I think it's a tie between APEX ROM and CyberGR-Mod. However, I think CyberGR-Mod is winning because it's snappier and basically a signed version of AOKP (it even includes AOKP tools), and has less pre-applied visual customization, leaving you to customize it yourself.

[​IMG]

I also flashed it with the AIR Kernel, I was playing with the Matr1x kernel but it seems the AIR kernel is much better in terms of I/O performance.

deltatux

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You have mail. Check ur inbox. :p

9. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    is this the ics thread, hope so. anyway i downgraded back to gingerbread last night. just had enough of how buggy the arc s is with ics. makes me think did they even test it lol.

the wi-fi would take forever to come on, itv player app refusses to work, modern combat 3 wont even run, gta3 crashes, where the cpu is gets alarmingly hot, press one app and it'll start another app (whats that about).

with ginger everything fine again, can play counterstrike again, itv app works, gta dont crash and generaly snappy again.

anyone else having a buggy time with ice cream sandwich and a sony erricson xperia arc s? or any other phone for that matter.

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I keep using CM 7.2 until CM9 RC1 is released for my Galaxy S. ICS seems to work nicely on my brothers GS2 (though, still doesn't run as good as WP7).

11. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Have you tried a custom ROM yet? Maybe it might fix issues you're having with ICS...

deltatux

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    No problems here on my Galaxy Nexus. Although I didn't really mess with it that much before flashing it to ParaniodAndroid Rom.

The rom can be found here for anyone with a Verizon GN that wants to check it out.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1619582

13. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    No I havnt mate, do you have any recommendations please. Because I do like the data usage monitor. U don't get it with ginger.

14. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I actually decided to upgrade to latest CM9 and it seems to work great on my Galaxy S so far. It's like a new phone.

15. wubbles

wubbles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    I had good results on my Galaxy S with AOKP.

16. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Odd, I can't seem to find any custom ROMs for your phone...

deltatux

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Edit: Nevermind, found workaround. I have to say that I have no idea why Samsung did not upgrade GS to ICS.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  18. wubbles

wubbles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX560Ti 1Ghz
    Because including Touchwiz would push it over the memory limitations of the device. Plus they have the S2 and now S3 out which they want to sell.

19. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Hey guys,

I just made some modifications to my Android by tweaking its parameters and so far they work great. You do need to have a rooted device to do this (it doesn't matter which phone or ROM since it's basic Android configuration.

I edited /system/build.prop:
    Code:
    # Smoother screen rendering
    debug.sf.hw=1
    video.accelerate.hw=1
    debug.performance.tuning=1
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150

# 3G_Tweaks
    ro.ril.hsxpa=2
    ro.ril.gprsclass=12
    ro.ril.hsdpa.category=16
    ro.ril.hsupa.category=8

# Better performance and sleep
    dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:jit # forces Dalvik to run in JIT mode
    pm.sleep_mode=1 # saves power when deep sleep
    ro.ril.disable.collapse=1 # Allows the phone to sleep better

Just append these at the end of the build.prop file. Be sure to backup your current build.prop before applying these settings.

So far my phone feels snappier but I haven't tested it long enough to see if it helps battery life yet.

EDIT: Some custom ROMs may have applied some of these already, ensure that you don't duplicate them.

Cheers,
    deltatux

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Hmm... Album art does not work in Apollo (Cm9 music player) for some reason.
    EDIT: I see... It tries to be clever and download everything form the net instead.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012