And now I have to start WALKING!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Icebird, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Icebird

Icebird Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Some bastards decided to steal my bike yesterday *sniffs* Here I had been in such a hurry, biking like hell to reach the bus for school..., And then when I got back again after school, my bike was gone.. Thought I was gonna cry my eyes out. My beloved BIKES for crying out loud!

Know I'm kind of a materialistic person, but.. sheez what lack of respect.. My biiihiiike...

So as a last hail to my oh so lovely bike (probably in the hands of a nasty pervert *sobs* can't believe someone else is using it now..)

my bike by the way...

Thanks for it all, love!

2. Damian

Damian Master Guru

GPU:
    nVidia Geforce 8600GTm
    Awwww, poor IB. There's nothing worse than thieves. But they have been around since the dawn of human history. Maybe you should get a lock for your next one......

3. Rusty 2k3

Rusty 2k3 Guest

Well what can i say to that im sorry to hear about it, so you going to go and get yourself a new one?

4. Titan

Titan Guest

my previous bike was stolen, and the worst thing bout it was that my brother was borrowing it at the time (because it was anyways getting too small for me) and well, he'll tell ya how mad i got at him for not locking it.

That was in the capitol city of slovenia (Ljubljana), by the way. Here in Denmark where i live now, bike thieves usually always get cought because everybody knows eachother in this tiny town.

5. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Look at it from the positive side, you'll get loads of healthy exercise while walking ;)

6. THunDA

THunDA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor x1900xtx 675/783
    I had a bike stolen from me when I was young.. Suks.. Sorry IB.. Just could never understand why people do dumb things..

7. Cockbender

Cockbender Master Guru

GPU:
    dunno
    that really bites. sometimes it's really hard to see all the good in this world when it's being corroded by crap like that.

sorry about that. btw - nice bike. i hope the thief gets caught, . . or atleast feels conviction and returns it (which is highly unlikely).

8. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    This is why i lock my bike. . . with a ulock. . . . under my bed. WTF is this world coming to?
    Bike thieves should be killed. . . . .

9. Spyrosss

Spyrosss Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 6600GT
    That sux. :thumbdown:
    Me and my father we r also victims of bicycle theft but finaly we managed to get our bicycles back.In both situations our bicycles was found in a near store that sells used bicycles and motorbikes.

10. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g
    LOL really IB i don't wanna put ur story down but you should try living here..if you buy a bike, you know it is for the whole city...i actually gave up biking and now just use public transportation cuz i've had like 8 bikes stolen. People don't stop with buying stolen bikes cuz they're so cheap and hey,beats walking untill it's stolen again that is..yes it's a vicious circle :p and well if it can't be stolen..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2003

11. Titan

Titan Guest

dont they bike A LOT in the netherlands? when i was in Amsterdam there were these big bike parking houses :D like 2 stories...wtf :D

...and they were all stuffed with bikes

12. THunDA

THunDA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Arden1 Are those bikes hanging from light poles..lol

13. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Icebird... your profile sais that you're 90! You sure ROCK compared to my grandma! hahaha :D

14. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 24GB
    :(

That's sad news. I hope your next bike will bring you more joy than the stolen one. :)

15. MrOuija

MrOuija Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF2 MX 400 32MB/GF 7600 g

this one?,i've heard there are more bikes then people in this city(about a million)and that around a quarter of those get stolen every year...

@thunda..yes that is one of the many nasty things that can happend to ur bike :D[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 18, 2003

16. Titan

Titan Guest

dear god...thats crazy :bonk:

17. Twinke Masta

Twinke Masta Guest

sorry to hear that i had over 3 bikes stolen from me..but they were all crap i got for liek 25 cents at a tag sale or i found it in a junkyard :D

18. anthony

anthony Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6600GT top <- Smoken fast
    my g/fs brothers bike got stolen a few days ago, brand new $400 bike hardly used

19. THunDA

THunDA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    holy cow thats the most bikes ive seen in my life..lol

Hey IB I think I see yours ..its the 325th one from the left ;)

20. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    I've insured my bike
    /Crazy ass mt. biker who should really not spend so much $$$ in the first place