Ancient Alien Believers Here?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Daftshadow, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    So I've been watching the show Ancient Aliens which I think is a fascinating subject and need to have an open mind but in all honesty I just think the guy who probably didn't start all this but popularized it Erich von Daniken has one big imagination and possibly out of his mind.

I just think historians and others alike do not give our ancient ancestors much credit for the possible technology that they could have had in the past before their civilization disappeared for whatever reason. Just because who have not found any blueprints or records of how they built some of these incredible buildings and structures doesn't mean we were visited by life forms from outer space.

But what do you guys think? I just think this whole idea of ancient aliens visiting us in the past is full of baloney but is interesting to think about it in science fiction terms.

2. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    I think it's possible they exist, but seeing is believing.

3. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Agreed. I neither believe or disbelieve. However, until I see one, I'm yet to believe in them...

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Ancient aliens is basically a reality show. There's almost no legitimate science or archaeology behind it. It's a joke.

5. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    They exist, they even have their own guru3d.com. God knows what they benchmark on there though.

6. Pvfc-Epic

Pvfc-Epic Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX560Ti DirectCU II
    well if you take the time and look around the web you WILL find all the evidence you need that we are NOT the only advanced civilization that has existed on this world in the millions of years that preceded us

in fact there have been many, just take the time and look for yourself .. the truth is all around us

7. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Utter toss. "Hurr if you take the time to look, you can find websites that tell you all the secrets of the world"

So yeah, apparently science just ignores "truth" now because they're paid off by big alien or some such nonsense.

8. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Never liked that show. And the way they use whatever circumstantial evidence they come up with to build a case. Dont like Tsoukalos over-sensationalist way of explaining things and linking whatever bits and ends he comes up with even if far-fetched as pointing to aliens.

Dont get me wrong, I think it highly unlikely given the vastness of the universe that we are alone. There must be life, intelligent or otherwise out there. But at times we do the topic a dis-service by trying to impose our own preconceived ideas as to what alien life should look like or how it behaves. For all we know, some of it may have transcended physical form and be some state of conscious energy that can influence matter beyond it. We only know what we are and therefore assume aliens must conform in some way to our ideas of them or that they must exist in some similar physical form.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  10. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    And you'll find evidences that this earth/universe is NOT millions of years old.

11. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Go nuts: http://cryptidz.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Aliens?display=exhibition&sort=mostvisited

But not really, no. Especially not the "human" gray skin looking ones. They'd have to have had a VERY similar evolution route on their planet to have fingers, walk upright, and just generally look like a person. I know there's all sort of theroies of how we're related to them, whatnot, but still. The versions we know through media are nothing more than modern day mythology. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_mythology Makes for decent story telling and art, but beyond that, they're not actually real.

Any anything we've built looks pretty damn primitive compared to "aliens" that'd have the ability to travel the universe.

12. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Hello.

13. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    The show is just us being primitive creating a hypnosis on what perspective we have of the universe and everything. If you read the kind of hypnosis's people had during the time of the bible when it was written. You will understand that its all based on what knowledge people have at the time of.

We barely understand anything, our mathematics is about 5% complete, we just discovered quantum physics and we don't really understand how the universe works or how time is related to it.

In truth, the concept of Aliens may be placeholder for something we don't understand yet, much like how God's and mystical beings were for people during the time's of the bible.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2014
  14. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

It's an entertainment show.

15. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    I don't belive they exist but if they do Open Season hunting

16. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I believe aliens exist, but not necessarily the stuff in shows like that or that they visit us. My idea for believing that aliens exists stems more from the idea that there are billions (and more, I probably need a way bigger number) of stars and planets out there.

... what would be the odds that we're the only planet with life?

But making contact? Actually visiting us? For that I would have to see actual proof imo.

17. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I believe its possible. However until I see them for myself or there is physical proof I'm still skeptical.

I do watch the show though. There are some interesting points made but a lot of it is just over exaggerated.

18. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I watched it a little but I think it's all nonsense. There may be other intelligent life out there but because of the vastness of space and the speed limit that anything can travel (speed of light) It's extremely unlikely that we have ever been visited. I don't believe in this space warping and folding stuff. That's for Star Trek.

19. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    [​IMG]

Yes Ancient Aliens exist, but the likely hood that they visited this planet is the same as modern Aliens visiting, next to zero. To clarify, in a Universe as big as ours their surely has to be some other life out there.

20. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Youre crazy if you believe we are the only form of intelligent life in this universe.