Amernime Zone AMD Software: Adrenalin / Pro Driver - Release Discovery 22.12.2 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

?

Are you satisfying using NimeZ AMD Radeon Drivers?

Poll closed May 17, 2021.
  1. Yes

47 vote(s)
    77.0%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    23.0%
  1. kbzona

kbzona New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 560X
    Hello, im having problems with some opengl games... when in fullscreen the refresh rate (hz) is capped at 50hz...
    Tried all tweaking options and versions in the installer to no avail...
    The only thing that fixes it, is a restart or.... using official AMD drivers....

I really like these drivers

Anyone willing to help? ¡

Windows 10 latest+ Ryzen 3 2200g + RX 560X gpu

Thanks in advance

2. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M
    Try These OpenGL Workaround. Copy and Save on notepad as registry file.

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; SELECT ONLY ONE SECTION WHICH YOUR GPU HAVE
    ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ; SECTION 0000
    ; ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000\OpenGL]
    "OGLWaitVerticalSync"=dword:00000000
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

; SECTION 0001
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0001\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

; SECTION 0002
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0002\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

; SECTION 0003
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0003\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

; OPENGL SERVICE SECTION, DON'T REMOVE THEM

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmdag\Device0\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmdag\Device1\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmdag\Device2\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmdag\Device3\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmdap\Device0\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmdap\Device1\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmdap\Device2\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmdap\Device3\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmpfd\Device0\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmpfd\Device1\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmpfd\Device2\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdkmpfd\Device3\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdwddmg\Device0\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdwddmg\Device1\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdwddmg\Device2\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\amdwddmg\Device3\OpenGL]
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-

3. kbzona

kbzona New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 560X
    Unfortunately, it didnt work,
    I saved all the code in a .reg file, added to the reg, rebooted and nothing

The
    "OGLPerfSet"=-
    "OGLForceRate"=-
    Won't be added to the registry because they don't have a "type"... They must be a dword ?

4. lunerceli

lunerceli New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1650 GTX MOB
    So I have this weird thing happening with the latest Nimez 22.11.2 driver. I have an AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX with an RX 6850m XT. I used all of the recommended settings in the express setup with no additional tweaks. The issue I am having is that the screen will turn a blue hue like an overlay of the screen when I open any window besides a game. Anyone else have this issue as well?

5. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8790M
    Configure Caps MPO in CLI.
    Try with:
    - Driver/Kernel Base
    - Level 1
    - Level 3 or 5

6. TrueNightmare

TrueNightmare Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 584
    Is there any difference between SE and Discovery Edition - Retail Driver ?

I use SE and everything works great. Just wondering what are the differences between these editions.

7. MADba11

MADba11 New Member

GPU:
    RX 470 4Gb
    I know there are, and I wrote as such several times. But the AMDKMD tweak does NOT have a recommended option in GUI setup and Radeon Software Profile does not explicitly say which option installs which package.
    I'm not trying to be confrontational here. Just think that the more explanations users get in the installation, the less chance there is that they break something and come crawling to this forum.
    Add more help prompts and clear guidance, and every one wins. Or maybe even remove the AMDKMD tweak option from GUI entirely, since you actually admit that you don't really know how it works?
    Regardless, hope you consider making changes to GUI setup.
    Cheers ο(=•ω<=)ρ⌒☆

8. zingzs

zingzs Master Guru

GPU:
    RXVega11|6700XT
    Am I blind or I just seen your statement completely proves you just don't want to dig deeper through it? o_O

I already used amernime drivers since day-0 you know, most of AMDKMD tweak option is forked from AMD kernel itself that has not been used for almost decades. I know pretty well about that stuffs

take the example of HSA Compute tweak, it does accelerate OpenCL computing for compute apps (multimedia, video editing and other stuffs that uses OpenCL based, or Asynchronous Compute for accelerate games performance). Although it doesn't reduce rendering time for multimedia apps based, playback performance is improved nicely in my system. Even at games like Wolfenstein 2 has good benefits when using HSA Compute, like you are no longer facing stutter issues due to Async Compute thingy.

And again, my statement won't be changed, it depends on the users, at least we will give any tweaks that are found in the amd kernels - even without proper documentations, because I believe someone may have skills like us to figure it out by themselves, and helps each other to find the proper tweaks

Last edited: Dec 6, 2022
  9. MADba11

MADba11 New Member

GPU:
    RX 470 4Gb
    Honestly I just can't with you. Now I am confrontational. Do you even read my replies? I DID NOT say to remove AMDKMD tweak entirely, just to maybe remove the options from GUI installer leaving only default one. Leave the options to adjust it in the CLI. AS IT WAS BEFORE.

You want to use more tweaks? Good! I do too! But at least make the GUI setup easier to understand. You know what these tweaks do? Good for you, oh miraculous techno guru! Cause most of us don't, and we need descriptions for it. BETTER DESCRIPTIONS. That's literally all I've been asking.
    God, you're either stubborn, dense or just trolling ಠ╭╮ಠ

TheWickerMan972 likes this.
  10. JackMiaw

JackMiaw Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380 4gb
    is GCN getting 22.11.2 ?

11. ruslanK

ruslanK New Member

GPU:
    hd 5670
    should we expect terascale 2/3 update?

12. kbzona

kbzona New Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 560X
    The error that i had in opengl games is because stupid AMD official latest drivers, nothing that can be done except turning on/off/on freesync constantly

Forced to roll back to older drivers unfortunately

Last edited: Dec 7, 2022
  13. kelliton

kelliton New Member

GPU:
    Vega M GH 4GB HBM2
  14. JackMiaw

JackMiaw Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380 4gb
    Any new on updates for gcn? 22.11.2 is the new driver that amd recommends after like half a year.

15. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT

16. Dante45

Dante45 Member

GPU:
    AMD RX 480/4GB
    My main PC is with an RX 480, but my Laptop is with an ATI HD 4000 Series, is there any info when DX10 Terascale will finally release?

17. mohit mishra

mohit mishra New Member

GPU:
    5600m 6gb
    Hi there,

While watching facebook videos in the watch tab, the screen goes green and the system restarts, this is an ongoing issue with AMD for some time now, Is a fix possible? When I disable HW acceleration in chrome it gets fixed but I DONT WANT TO DO THAT

18. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    And thus why I don't use Chrome. Try the site with Edge and see if it happens.

zingzs likes this.
  19. mohit mishra

mohit mishra New Member

GPU:
    5600m 6gb
    I g
    I fixed this, goT this from Reddit, any way to fix this permanently? I just restarted the driver and the stutter and green screen are gone, I HAVE TO REPEAT THIS AFTER EVERY BOOT.

"i have figured out that on the latest driver, if you get a horrible problems with acceleration - you should delete AMD PCI Express Downstream Switch Port (GPU will disappear), then update the device list (gpu will reappear again) - acceleration should work fine now. if you lazy to do that - you can get CRU and use the included restart64.exe. from now on - do not touch radeon super resolution. you can use it ofc, but after a reboot your acceleration will be broken again."

20. vinyl

vinyl Active Member

GPU:
    RX 570 / 8GB
    Likewise, i'm having some strange vulkan-specific fullscreen issues with the SE polaris pack. It doesn't render the surface at all when going FS, windowed is fine. Yet, with the [non-SE] "Discovery" edition, the issue goes away.

Oh, and strangely enough, NimeZ drivers like to think my card is a RX 580X yet it's a RX 570 (albeit a OC'd [bios mod] black edition).

EDIT: Earlier posts seem to report there are no differences other than it being OEM vs Retail versions. Can't remember the dates but the version #'s differ. I ended up going with DXNAVI (#3 option) with the new Encoder-ings and all is working well, thus far.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022