Radeon-ID Community Driver: Hybrid - Release Nebula 23.11.1 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mylipho15, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Luser05

Luser05 Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8670M
    Hi fellow 8670M user! I have the same configuration as you and you can choose which video card to use for a specific game/program. You have to go in Windows settings and search for "Graphics settings", here you can add a specific .exe file and choose which video card Windows should use to run it.

Zaswdas likes this.
  2. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    "Fix so dGPU can go properly into LPS/sleeping state without cause a hang/self reboot of laptop."
    Last month, my friend with MSI Bravo 15 which using R7 5800H and RX 5500M, removing PCI bus driver by AMD and uses original PCI Root express solved this problem. This laptop also featuring AMD advantage so this could applied to all laptop based that. We have trial and error to do this so "all possible steps" are made.

3. RyzenPower

RyzenPower Member

GPU:
    6800m

Please confirm below exact steps are correct:

Steps to uninstall AMD PCI BUS and Install Microsoft PCI BUS driver installed:
    1. In safe mode go to PCI BUS and uninstall the driver.
    2. Use this tool to uninstall the traces in safe mode: https://github.com/lostindark/DriverStoreExplorer/releases/tag/v0.11.72 --- ALL THESE NEEDS BE REMOVED SO WINDOWS WONT TRY REINSTALL AMD PCI BUS DRIVERS AGAIN ---

amdkmpfd.itz / inf amdkmpfd.stz / sys amdkmpfd.ctz / cat

3. After uninstalling and deleting the pci-bus driver it should back to PCI Express Root Complex.

Thank you!

4. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    All steps above are correct. And These 3 files:
    amdkmpfd.itz / inf amdkmpfd.stz / sys amdkmpfd.ctz / cat
    should removed too after uninstalling. Usually in C:\Program Files or C:\Windows\system32\ inside the amdkmpfd folder

5. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    We are working on dual-graphics problem especially GCN arch on GCN NimeZ 21.11.3 Developer Preview.

Foxthehuman likes this.
  6. Zaswdas

Zaswdas Guest

GPU:
    Ati 8600 HD/ 1GB
    Oh dear brother, I see you are a man of culture as well, Thx for the tip man!
    Megaman 11 now runs 60 fps on the Intel gpu, if you have any specific tips regarding the performance please do tell, I can advice you to disable tessalition with radeonmod.

Luser05 likes this.
  7. RyzenPower

RyzenPower Member

GPU:
    6800m
    @mylipho15

CHANGE PCI BUS - DOESN'T WORK..... ATTN.... (so no one try it please)

Didn't work, one guy tried with this laptop, he lost all most of his devices and nothing worked properly until he returned AMD PCI BUS...

What next :) ?

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  8. Svetoslav9999

Svetoslav9999 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6800m
    @mylipho15 I'm confirming that uninstalling pci bus don't work . I've booted in safe mode , uninstal pci bus, imediately after that all the devices (mouse , keyboard...) freezed . have to restart computer . windows changed pci bus to PCI Express Root Complex, all device were working , deleted 3 files (they are located in system32\amd\) rebooted to normal mode . in every windows start there is error appearing that my hardware is changed and have to restart , computer is working laggy (there is slow starting of everything for a bit of a second and then runs ) every device in laptop were visible and working , try to replicate reboot and everything is the same .. it rebooted after using aplication that uses DGPU but if you dont move mouse or do nothing in it Dgpu is going in to power saving mode . 1 minute after closing application get a reboot .
    I want to thank you for your support and that you are trying to help us with the problem . if you have something other in mind , tell us and will try

9. Kamaludin Hussein

Kamaludin Hussein Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    I'm having problems with games crashing to the desktop with the latest driver 21.11.2
    Can anyone help to fix it. Running 8gb R9 290x.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  10. 2Strix

2Strix Active Member

GPU:
    R9 295X2
    Please expand
    I with R9 295X2 it same core does not happen

Kamaludin Hussein likes this.

11. Kamaludin Hussein

Kamaludin Hussein Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    After a period of time say 3 minutes the game crashes to desktop happens with Halo Infinite

2Strix likes this.
  12. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    we can separate the PCI bus driver from driver packaing so wait for NimeZ Polaris/Vega/Navi 21.12.1,

13. DoubleSh0tNine

DoubleSh0tNine Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 56 Reference
    Is windows 10 fully updated? Have you tried running DDU and reinstalling the driver?

14. RyzenPower

RyzenPower Member

GPU:
    6800m
    If possible please add an automated function into 21.12.1 installer, to clean AMD PCI-BUS and integrate all the needed alternative drivers etc... maybe even in safe mode :) if possible, to avoid the whole manual work and manual cleaning.

"AMD Advantage Edition Laptops -- dGPU Reboots Fix" Feature :)

15. mylipho15

mylipho15 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    I possible, but it's semi-automatic due to strict Microsoft driver checking, at least not fully manually

16. RyzenPower

RyzenPower Member

GPU:
    6800m
    So you can basically do step by step, it will do automatic stuff, then ask user complete manual step, then complete automatic etc.. :) yes?

Maybe you could create a "BETA" installer for now, only to fix the PCI BUS reboots bug?
    and then by the time new driver ready, this feature will be well tested and working!

17. Luser05

Luser05 Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 8670M
    Thank you for the advice! I tried pretty much everything I saw and read on forums, etc to squeeze as much performance as I could. Unfortunately, I don't have any significant tip a part from "force enabling" shader cache in the registry (I think you can do that from Radeonmod too, the key value of "ShaderCache" must be set to 32 instead of 31 or 30). A part from this, if you use some console emulator or, in general, OpenGL games I suggest you to dual boot a linux distro and use mesa driver which gives way better performance in OpenGL games/software.

18. zingzs

zingzs Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700XT 12G
    Looks like new AMD Drivers will need a minimum Windows 10 21H1/21H2, based from Microsoft Catalog Update

19. 2Strix

2Strix Active Member

GPU:
    R9 295X2
    I tried to run with me, I did not encounter any problem
    Maybe the problem is with the game itself.
    Try repairing files.
    Does it happen during games?

20. Kamaludin Hussein

Kamaludin Hussein Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9 290
    Happens with all games